US should do more to boost India's defence capabilities: Singh

Himanshu Pandey

technological assistance from USA is a welcome but on what cost.. and how uch they will want to us to bend for them or fight their unnecessary wars.

Himanshu Pandey

What precedent exists for US asking India to do either?
none but it didn't stop US to ask from other nations.. even a small island nation called tango has sent its troups in Iraq (tango is mainly dependent on US and its allies and cruise ships making ports there).

but If I am not wrong there is a clause which allow USA to use you defence places and equipments when you sign a deal.. we didn't signed the clause in our deals till now and thats why some sensitive items have been replaced on indian hardware.. now when we talk about TOT there is nothing like a option of getting cream and not paying for it.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
none but it didn't stop US to ask from other nations.. even a small island nation called tango has sent its troups in Iraq (tango is mainly dependent on US and its allies and cruise ships making ports there).

but If I am not wrong there is a clause which allow USA to use you defence places and equipments when you sign a deal.. we didn't signed the clause in our deals till now and thats why some sensitive items have been replaced on indian hardware.. now when we talk about TOT there is nothing like a option of getting cream and not paying for it.
Did you mean Togo?

pmaitra

one is better than the other simple.our relation with russia is not mature enough as we are not a communist nation
Yes, we are not a communist nation, and neither is Russia. I am not sure what your point is.

pmaitra

I hope you are not talking about a dance that originated in Argentina, are you?

Source: Tango - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Country flag

Don't belive tot means that you get the whole technology for a deal. Russians have
Never given 100 percent tot on one deal with india. Brahmos engines were pushed heavily
For tot but as usual india got shafted by russia. The bigger screw job will be PAKFA with
Russia already increasing price and delaying delivery date.

Country flag
One more thing about brahmos missile, at one time brahmos were meant to be fitted
On kilo subs as part of the brahmos deal russians intentionally never designed launch tubes
For brahmos to sell klubs instead. If india had a tot on brahmos mabye they could have
Redesigned it into a smaller missile to fit the launch tubes like the airborne version a
Different version.

pmaitra

i quote that line wrt 1962 indo-ussr relations.
Ok, now I see why I was confused. You were trying to talk about India-USSR relations of 1962, but what you actually wrote was India-Russia relations of today.

This is what you wrote:
one is better than the other simple.our relation with russia is not mature enough as we are not a communist nation
This is what you should have written:
one is better than the other simple.our relation with the USSR was not mature enough as we were not a communist nation
I got your point now.

Himanshu Pandey

I hope you are not talking about a dance that originated in Argentina, are you?

Source: Tango - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
no but giving example of a nation whom may be 90 % of world has never heard.

Tonga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and this nation has provided troops for iraq and afghanistan.

and my motto for mention it is that.. even nation with no significant in military terms and whose being there or not effects none are not excluded. so India which will make a major difference willn't have a choice to be excluded if we join the camp.

the TOT is not going to be there until we become an ally to them (even leaving russia and effect of russia-india relation) this will be more like changing from lone elephant to part of a pack of wolf.

pmaitra

no but giving example of a nation whom may be 90 % of world has never heard.

Tonga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and this nation has provided troops for iraq and afghanistan.

and my motto for mention it is that.. even nation with no significant in military terms and whose being there or not effects none are not excluded. so India which will make a major difference willn't have a choice to be excluded if we join the camp.

the TOT is not going to be there until we become an ally to them (even leaving russia and effect of russia-india relation) this will be more like changing from lone elephant to part of a pack of wolf.
I figured that it was either Togo or Tonga. BTW, 'Tango' is also used to refer to terrorists killed by The Rashtriya Rifles, CRPF, JKP, or BSF, in J&K. (@Kunal Biswas)

Last edited by a moderator:

Himanshu Pandey

Don't belive tot means that you get the whole technology for a deal. Russians have
Never given 100 percent tot on one deal with india. Brahmos engines were pushed heavily
For tot but as usual india got shafted by russia. The bigger screw job will be PAKFA with
Russia already increasing price and delaying delivery date.
yes I know nobody give 100 % in this.. its more like shooting your foot or pissing in your plate... but TOT more then 0 and less then 100 comes with a lot of space and nothing can be get until we sign those agreements which will allow US to inspect our defence installations to see that we are not using their product against................................

and being ally to USA is a thing which is not beneficial for India.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If India feels that US should do more for India,

then,

the question they can ask is:

What has India done for them?

Let's be clear.

We are not Pakistan out with the begging bowl and whimpering!

Country flag
yes I know nobody give 100 % in this.. its more like shooting your foot or pissing in your plate... but TOT more then 0 and less then 100 comes with a lot of space and nothing can be get until we sign those agreements which will allow US to inspect our defence installations to see that we are not using their product against................................

and being ally to USA is a thing which is not beneficial for India.
India needs USA more than you think there is no more Cold War or nam and India has almost all hostile neighbors and no military industrialization infrastructure or energy security. India is heavily tied to us economy.

Himanshu Pandey

India needs USA more than you think there is no more Cold War or nam and India has almost all hostile neighbors and no military industrialization infrastructure or energy security. India is heavily tied to us economy.
yes India needs USA no doubt abut that and no argument in that... but its same from both side USA too need India as much as India needs USA if not more... and needing something and its being beneficial are 2 very different things.. a thrust for water will make even water from a street pit acceptable but not beneficial for health right?

Compersion

Country flag
Don't discount all the Indians in America. It's a bit like Israel - why do the Americans support Israel. And India has brilliant relationship with Israel. Win-win-win

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles