US, Russia join Asia club in a blow to China

pmaitra

The objective is not to scare your government but simply to make sure that they don't cross their limits of decency. Seriously you think in today's world, anyone is scared of anyone politically? Everyone has some last measure option because of which the other is not willing to go beyond limits.
I am pretty sure China is at least at unease, if not already scared. China, IMHO, has already crossed all limits of decency by occupying territories of almost all of it's neighbours after gobbling up two nations, viz. Tibet and East Turkestan. If neighbours fear China, then it is China and only China to blame. China isn't going to sustain their economic upsurge riding on the back of underpaid and coerced labour, pirated, stolen or plagiarised technology and artificially devalued Yuan. There is a threshold and China isn't getting further away from it. Things will snap, soon, if not very soon.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
All the countries that supposedly have joined hands to fight China, are actually busy trading with China and are becoming increasingly dependent on China for their own survival. China is already the top trading partner with most of them if not all of them, and logic 101 says you don't cut the hand that feeds you.

I just can't see this anti-china alliance will go beyond the level of arm-chair generals. I know the views exchanged here and over at BR are radical, but do they represent the majority view of indians, of course not. Most indians worry more about where their next meal will come from, rather than an imaginative chinese invasion.

I have observed indian nationalists's forums for over a decade now, and have seen the same old slogans, hatred and grandeur being repeated again and again, but does this change anything for you beyond making you momentarily feeling better? Does preaching to the white guys to treat you kindly and chinese badly change the discrimination, prejudice and comtempt indians face everyday in the white boy's countries?

Last edited:

Urbanized Greyhound

Country flag
All the countries that supposedly have joined hands to fight China, are actually busy trading with China and are becoming increasingly dependent on China for their own survival. China is already the top trading partner with most of them if not all of them, and logic 101 says you don't cut the hand that feeds you.

I just can't see this anti-china alliance will go beyond the level of arm-chair generals. I know the views exchanged here and over at BR are radical, but do they represent the majority view of indians, of course not. Most indians worry more about where their next meal will come from, rather than an imaginative chinese invasion.

I have observed indian nationalists's forums for over a decade now, and see the same old slogans, hatred and grandeur being repeated again and again, but does this change anything for you beyond making you momentarily feeling better? Does preaching to the white guys to treat you kindly and chinese badly change the discrimination, prejudice and comtempt indians face everyday in the white boy's countries.

So you are assuming that its just Indian's who face discrimination huh ? All immigrants from Chinese to Mexicans......even Afro-Americans do .And while despite the discrimination Indians still manage to become the most educated and accomplished community everywhere from the U.S to Europe to Africa .

on -topic : Even diplomatic action has a reaction. The U.S was and still is the dominant power in South East asia and given Chinese actions of recent times( Including setting up of the SCO and lukewarm attempts to woo ASEAN and South Korea....before hawks in the CCP superseded more moderate economic sense ) do you really believe the U.S would be just a spectator ? Besides Indians have a strictly neutral foreign policy and in case of a future confrontation count on us to remain so and tactfully balance both sides .......

seopackages

China Almighty offcourse. All bow to the military and technological might of China. They have the largest army with better equipment. We may have to take the help of aliens to defeat.

SHASH2K2

A joint Russia-NATO missile shield may be created in mid-term perspective, Kremlin aide Sergei Prikhodko said ahead of the Russia-NATO summit.
Russia-NATO council will convene on Saturday in Lisbon. Russian President Dmitry Medvedev is due to take part in the top-level gathering for the first time since the August 2008 war between Russia and Georgia, which soured Russia's relations with the alliance.
"I think that [the idea of joint missile defense] is real... The process is quite simple. We are ready to integrate," Prikhodko said.
"The issue is purely practical, and its implementation, according to experts... may be carried out not even in long-term, but in short-term perspective, given that [the sides] have political will," he said.
He added that Russia had political will to go ahead with the project.
Russian Air Force Commander Alexander Zelin said on Tuesday the Air Force was ready to work on missile defense systems with NATO. The Air Force is looking into the possibility of using military transport aircraft in the interests of NATO, he added.
The Kremlin insists that the readiness to cooperate on missile defense issues should be laid down in a written document.
NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen earlier said the alliance hoped to work with Russia on a variety of issues, including the European missile defense.
Moscow hopes that the summit in Lisbon will finally put an end to the post-Cold War period and will set guidelines toward a strategic partnership between Russia and NATO.

These are signs of things to come in future. Russia is trying to reset its relationship with USA and NATO . Bad news for china in my opinion.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I love this news.

There are many European nations specially Germany those who have started to realized that friendship and cooperation with Russia is mandatory for better future of whole Europe. Even being an alley during world war II and saving many European nations Russia faced animosity of European nations on USA's call. However during Georgian invasion of Russia Europe felt helpless and tried to find justification for Russian action. The response was benign, mixed and confused.

China on the other side has relied upon her luck, benefited from American cold war, gained Tibet when USA was busy with Cuba/Russia. Singed a clever treaty when sings of Russian downfall started apperaring (to the hell with communism). Did some suicidal acts on Russia borders but was spared every time cause any Russian offensive (BM) could have trigged NATO's response.

I mean to say that Russia has gained the animosity and can effort to gain the friends not merely relying on the luck but by its actions. Recent concessions by Obama were never the reflection of a his week leadership but reasonable, given the fact Russia still has the leverage among many European states. Recent cooperation (defense) cooperation with France is testimony to that. Global recession and terrorism has brought them more closer. Russia is a biggest European state, still is a super power, even when Euro-Atlantic access is denied after fall of USSR. Also foreseeable massive defense cuts and futile Afghanistan war will definitely tone down NATO to be more reasonable with Russia who is trying to reemerge under the leadership of Putin. May be NATO is going to open other fronts in Asia after Afghanistan. Pampered Russia will help NATO to focus for its next assignment.

I would not like to see in near future, how China and Chinese are going to express how much they value cooperation with USA/west; how important is to be friend with South Korea and Japan et al; but remain the same pretentious bully and face the Isolation.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles