US report slams India on corruption, social violence

Discussion in 'Foreign Relations' started by W.G.Ewald, May 25, 2012.

1. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

US report slams India on corruption, social violence - The Times of India
    Widespread impunity. Take that, India!

SPIEZ likes this.
  3. W.G.Ewald

At least two comments to this article ask US to use drones to eliminate corrupt Indian politicians.:cool2:

Adux, SPIEZ, Koovie and 2 others like this.
  4. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Impunity is not that easy these days as before, given the hyperactive media, especially Arnab Goswami, RTI and the ever active maverick Dr Swamy.

The observations are valid to a great extent.

5. ice berg

ice berg Senior Member Senior Member

You dont have enough drones for that. :cool2:

Koovie, VIP, Dovah and 2 others like this.
  6. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

The people who comment on TOI are the lowest of the low. If i had dictatorial powers id have them shot!

Koovie likes this.
  7. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

+1 to that. TOI commentators represent the worst semi-educated masses of India.

Koovie likes this.
  8. sehwag1830

sehwag1830 Tihar Jail Banned

America should concentrate more on their impotent military than other country issues. It is nothing but a third rate power .

Quoting another post from BR regarding impotence of American

That's what it looks like to me. That would be a clear victory for Pakistan.

I think it you look at the ground reality of the fact that the US will ultimately have to move out all its heavy equipment from Afghanistan you can see that the Pakis (ISI, Army logistics and their Talibani truck owners union) hold ALL the cards and the US can do little other than stomp its feet and gnash its teeth in impotent rage.

Let me use a frequently repeated analogy from the past to compare the past with the present. In the past, Pakistan was accused of having "restricted India" cheaply by waging a war of a thousand cuts. But the counter argument was that while India bled a little from those thousand cuts it was not really restricted.

Apply the same argument to the US's piddly action of killing Pasthun tribals in faraway Waziristan in twos and threes.. Pakistan is not bleeding much from these cuts. The Pakjbis have suppressed Pasthuns all these decades and they "used" the Pathan "Taliban" to do the US's job. The 1000 cuts that the US is allegedly imposing on Pakistan are having no effect other than proving to the Pakjabi army that they hold the trump cards.

I mean with Osammy hiding 10 years, Zawahiri walking free, Hafiz Saeed conducting political rallies, Hamid Gul walking free, Xerox Khan walking free, the doc getting caught what the hell is gained by insulting Zardari and killing a few tribals in Waziristan? I think the strength US position is being overestimated and miniscule American victories are being celebrated excessively as if they are major victories where entire continents are being overrun. I mean - 24 men killed? How long is that going to be portrayed as some great US victory? Shitland lost 120 men in an avalanche and is going strong. When the TSP people who thumb their noses at the totally ineffective "TLSP" (The Lone SuperPower) live in Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi and are extending their influence into Kabul and Washington, wtf is the US doing killing tribals in Waziristan?

Fact is the US is eventually going to get out with its tail between its legs - having paid the Taliban and Pakistan army to allow them safe passage. I only hope the US position is not so weak that they pump up the armed strength of the Pakis to new levels beyond w

rock127 likes this.
  9. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

^^ The "incompetence and helplessness of the American military in Pakistan" is a different topic altogether.

Quite a few of the observations that these people have made in the paper are correct.

10. sehwag1830

sehwag1830 Tihar Jail Banned

And there is no corruption in US . As i said US has no moral rights to lecture other on any issues.

11. W.G.Ewald

I await the report of Ranjan Mathai on the United States.

12. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

13. Koovie

Koovie Regular Member

One backround info: Times of India is usally read by semi educated people who read news just to get entertained by semi nude film star or people who want to get upset or thrilled by totally exagerated titles.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    W.G.Ewald likes this.
  14. W.G.Ewald

That was Bush's fault.:rolleyes:

But Obammy got Osammy!

15. Adux

Adux Senior Member Senior Member

I know, I heard it is better to just glass china, since there is no hope in that country.

16. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

12, Tughlak Lane .