US likely to upgrade Taiwan fighter jets: report

vikramrana_1812

Country flag
Badguy, do me a favor, please. Tell vikramrana India is a big player in the game, and India's mighty military force is frightening Chinese to death, especially those Agni-5 and nukes.

Everytime he mentioned a nuke-armed Agni-5 could reach any Chinese city, i felt scared. It is like a nuclear blackmail during the cold war.
Hey Mate...I am not saying India is stronger than China.....I am just arguing on the point when people believe India is not more than a peaceful god fearing country...

I respect what China is today and how they are handling USA is impressive.........

So cheer on Chinese guys lets keep this discussion healthy....

nimo_cn

Country flag
Hey Mate...I am not saying India is stronger than China.....I am just arguing on the point when people believe India is

not more than a peaceful god fearing country...

I respect what China is today and how they are handling USA is impressive.........

So cheer on Chinese guys lets keep this discussion healthy....
Mate, you should understand we have reasons not to be impressed by India's being an enemy of China.

The largest enemy we are dealing with is too powerful for us to be distracted. US has everything India has got, long before India got them.
India's missiles may hit the target accurately and have a long range, India's nuclear weapons may be deadly. But where do these toys stand if being compared with the ones owned by US?

More importantly, India has adopted the NFU nuclear policy, and China has also adopted that, which means a nuclear war between India and China is unlikely.
We have been actually nuclear blackmailed, and we survived it. Why should we be scared of India whose nukes are just for cosmetic purpose?

And are you sure India can handle it well if China focuses on India only?

Just out of curiosity, why are you so anxious to prove India is the only threat of China? Does being China's largest threat make you feel good?
In contrast with you, i am hoping no one sees China as a threat, which would make things much easier.

Trust me, being others threat is a burden, not a joy.

Last edited:

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Stop making unrealistic and illogical comments. Do you have any logic based on which USA is going to bankrupt?
I accidentally stumbled upon my old post. To my astonishment I was almost completely on the mark, any more proof do you need?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It seems that the latest SU27 incursion into Taiwanese territory has made the matter of fighters upgrade more urgent for Taiwan and teh US. Expect some new weapons tech to be sold to Taiwan soon.

Zebra

Country flag
Taiwan Signs F-16 Upgrade LOA

Jul. 18, 2012 - 10:17AM |
By Wendell Minnick

TAIPEI — Taiwan signed an the agreement with the U.S. government for a $3.7 billion upgrade to its existing 146 F-16A/B Block 20 fighter aircraft......

(little part of the article).....The most heated competition will be between Northrop Grumman and Raytheon over who will win the active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar contract. Northrop is offering the Scalable Agile Beam Radar against the Raytheon Advanced Combat Radar. Both radars will also compete in South Korea's upgrade for 135 KF-16C/D Block 52 fighters, and a possible AESA competition later for Singapore's F-16s......

Taiwan Signs F-16 Upgrade LOA | Defense News | defensenews.com

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles