US Invasion of Syria has started!

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
I live in North America. I was Trump supporter. I have reason to be a Russian supporter.

Remember that before you open your mouth too wide.
Oh ...you live in NA, and You once a Trump supporter, So i can't talk about it

meh

pmaitra

I am perfectly aware of the other attacks. Several documented cases of chlorin use and mustard gas, but no attack involving sarin. These attacks have been committed by the Assad regime and by the Islamic State, which is not a syrian rebel group.
I would appreciate it if you read the document prepared by the MIT professor.

If you wish to insist that Assad gassed his own people, then I am not interested in a repetitive back and forth. Believe what you want. I just want to remind you two things: (1) the US intelligence has a long history of lying, and it goes all the way back to the Gulf of Tonkin incident; and (2) repeating a claim multiple times does not turn it into a fact.

pmaitra

Ann Couter: Trump airstrike on Syria very strange
Ann Coulter: "Assad is one of the better leaders . . ."

pmaitra

Stephen F. Cohen: Russia Is Preparing for the Possibility US Will Start a War

If even the liberal Medved thinks US is on a brink of war with Russia, just imagine what the actual hard-liners are thinking

Stephen F. Cohen | [SOURCE]

The great Russia scholar Stephen F. Cohen continues his weekly discussion with John Batchelor, the host of the popular John Batchelor Show:

The Nation:

The Russian adage “words are also deeds” is proving true, it seems. Trump’s missile attack on Russia’s ally Syria, despite its ramifying dangers, may have had a domestic political purpose—to debunk the narrative that is crippling his presidency, that he is somehow “Putin’s puppet.” If so, Cohen adds, the American mainstream media, which has promoted this narrative for months, is deeply complicit.

Meanwhile, the Kremlin, which watches closely as these narratives unfold politically in Washington, has become deeply alarmed, resorting to its own fraught words. The No. 2 leader, Prime Minister Dmitri Medvedev, declared that US-Russian relations have been “ruined,” a statement Cohen does not recall any previous Soviet or post-Soviet leader ever having made.

Medvedev added that the two nuclear superpowers are at “the brink” of war. Considering that Medvedev is regarded as the leading pro-Western figure in Putin’s inner circle, imagine what the other side—state patriots, or nationalists, as they are called—is telling Putin. Still more, the Kremlin is saying that Trump’s missile attack on Syria crossed Russia’s “red lines,” with all the warfare implications that term has in Washington as well.

And flatly declaring the mysterious use of chemical weapons in Syria a “provocation,” Putin himself warned that forces in Washington were planning more such “provocations” and military strikes. In short, while the Kremlin does not want and will not start a war with the United States, it is preparing for the possibility.​

Source: The John Batchelor Show

pmaitra

‘People’s hopes are dashed’: Ex-Breitbart writer says Trump’s nationalist fanbase is in despair

BRAD REED
13 APR 2017 AT 19:19 ET
SOURCE
https://www.facebook.com/TheRawStory
President Donald Trump has gone through some major reversals over the past week, including his decision to attack the government of Bashar al-Assad, his declaration that China is not a currency manipulator, and his embrace of the Export-Import Bank.

All of this has left some of his nationalist backers wondering what other issues he might flip-flop on — and has left them with a feeling of dread.

Politico has spoken with several nationalist Trump supporters who are already feeling disillusioned with what they’ve seen from the president, especially in the wake of former Breitbart editor Steve Bannon’s demotion from the National Security Council.

“It was like, here’s the chance to do something different — and that’s why people’s hopes are dashed,” Lee Stranahan, a former Breitbart News editor, tells Politico. “There was always the question of, ‘Did he really believe this stuff?’ Apparently the answer is, ‘Not as much as you’d like.'”

Trump supporter Tania Vojvodic, meanwhile, tells Politico that she’s concerned that Trump has stopped trying to fulfill his campaign promises as he’s grown unhappy with Bannon and has instead embraced the more conventional Republican positions espoused by his son-in-law, Jared Kushner.

“I’m not so infatuated with Trump that I can’t see the facts,” she said. “People’s belief, their trust in him, it’s declining.

And Trump supporter John Cardillo tells Politico that he’s concerned that Trump has surrounded himself with so many people who aren’t committed to enacting the kind of nationalist policy platform that Trump campaigned on.

“[Trump voters] felt like they were voting for an anti-establishment candidate — and they’re terrified, they’re losing faith,” he said. “They’re saying, ‘Why does he have these people around him?’

Tactical Frog

Country flag
I would appreciate it if you read the document prepared by the MIT professor.

If you wish to insist that Assad gassed his own people, then I am not interested in a repetitive back and forth. Believe what you want. I just want to remind you two things: (1) the US intelligence has a long history of lying, and it goes all the way back to the Gulf of Tonkin incident; and (2) repeating a claim multiple times does not turn it into a fact.
What MIT report ? Just tell us where and when. an UN official report has blamed the 2013 attack on rebels ! It simply did not happen . The report failed to establish responsabilities, so it leaves us with two possible culprits, not one !

Tactical Frog

Country flag
KGB history matches US intelligence history.
If CIA had wanted to mount such a dangerous setup against Assad (including sarin use), they would have needed Obama's green light. Clearly Obama's later actions showed he was not interested in regime change in Syria !

Last edited:

pmaitra

Tactical Frog

Country flag

bhramos

Country flag
Hundreds poisoned in US-led coalition’s strike on IS depot in Deir ez-Zor
World
April 13, 13:20UTC+3
According to the Syrian army command, hundreds of people died from poisoning

BEIRUT, April 13. /TASS/. Hundreds of people died from poisoning after an air strike by the US-led coalition on the headquarters and the depots of the Islamic State terrorist organization (outlawed in Russia) near Deir ez-Zor, the Syrian army command said in a statement circulated by SANA news agency.

The US-led coalition struck the terrorists’ positions at 5:30 p.m. local time on Wednesday. The air strike killed a large number of terrorists, including mercenaries, the statement said.

"However, a yellow smoke rose over the depot after the bombing. This is evidence that the depot stored chemical agents," according to the document.

"As a result, hundreds of people, including civilians, died as a result of poisoning," the statement reads.

The Syrian army command did not give the exact number of people who had died or suffered in the coalition’s bombing.

"This incident confirms once again that terrorist organizations possess stocks of chemical weapons and have a possibility to get, store and use them thanks to the assistance of well-known regional states," the document says.

The Syrian army command came up with a statement on April 4, blaming terrorist gangs for the use of poisonous gases in the town of Khan Sheikhoun in the Idlib province. The statement stressed that "the Syrian army does not possess chemical munitions and all the accusations against it on this score were fabricated."

On order of US President Donald Trump, the US military fired Tomahawk missiles overnight to April 7 on an airfield in the Syrian province of Homs, from which, as Washington believed, aircraft had taken off to deliver a strike on Khan Sheikhoun.

Later, Russia blocked a draft resolution at the UN Security Council, which said that Damascus must hand over all data on April 4 flights to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) and provide access to the airbases that could be used to carry out a strike against Khan Sheikhoun.

Syria’s Permanent Representative at the UN Bashar Jaafari said at the UN Security Council session that Damascus was ready to provide access for OPCW experts to the Shayrat airbase to check if it stored sarin, which, as Western countries claim, was used in the recent attack.

More:
http://tass.com/world/941173

bhramos

Country flag
Everything I said would happen has happened. In a 2014 @VICE interview about my predictions on Syria's future, I predicted a FalseFlag ChemicalAttack & SyriaStrikes and WW3 would happen.
"Now, I predict that the US is going to claim Syria has not completely disposed of its chemical weapons, and use that as an excuse to air-strike army positions, possibly after another smaller chemical weapons attack is set up. This is going to be a similar scenario to the lead up of the Iraq war in 2002. I believe the US will start air striking the Syrian military as well as Al Qaeda linked rebels, effectively attacking both sides of the war."
"If ISIS reaches Europe, what do you predict will happen?
When people think about World War Three, they usually define it as a war fought in the West. But for Syria, WW3 has already begun and it’s being fought on Syrian land. For now the great powers, Russia and the US, are happy to fight their wars by proxy, in Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Georgia and Ukraine. But who knows if that might change. The west is safe for now, but the whole world is teetering on the edge, and not since the days of the cold war have we been so close to falling."
https://www.vice.com/…/meet-the-pro-assad-youtube-sensation…
Have you ever hard that feeling, that you're shouting as hard as you can but no body gets it?
STUFF
Meet the YouTube Sensation Who Predicts Syria’s Future
VS
Oct 13 2014, 11:30am

We talked to Syrian Girl, who posts hit YouTube videos defending Bashar al Assad and predicting Syria's future.

Image via Syrian Girl

A young Australian-based nationalist, known only as Syrian Girl, began speaking and writing about her country’s civil war back in in 2012. Her medium of choice is YouTube, where she posts heated monologues sledging Western notions of Syria’s civil war. For example: Bashar al-Assad isn’t a tyrant, he’s only protecting his people. Also: Syria is entitled to chemical weapons, and we should feel lucky the country even admitted to them.

One Syrian Girl video, If Syria Disarms Chemical Weapons We Lose the War, has been viewed 44,720 times, with a very favourable like-to-dislike ratio. At the time of writing, her channel has amassed over 30,000 subscribers and close to 2.5 million views. To find out what makes her so popular, I got in touch to talk war, ISIS and of course, Syria.

VICE: Hi Syrian Girl. First, let’s get a bit more info. Can you tell me about yourself?
Syrian Girl: I am a Patriot Syrian Nationalist, who rejects any breach of Syrian sovereignty. I represent Syrians who want to see Syria remain secular, united and strong. I don’t tolerate foreigners destroying our way of life, forcing us to live a certain way. Whether it’s ISIS or the US government. I want to see peace and justice in the world.

Okay, can you fill us in on Syria, before and now?
Syria was very similar to Australia back in 2010. Young people worried if they were going to get their hands on the iPhone but now they’re worrying about how they’re going to stay alive. A friend who was once was a party animal, obsessed with trance music, is a now part of the Syrian Army defending Damascus.

It’s pretty surreal to be where we are now, with brutal beheadings on the street. People didn’t think extremist groups like ISIS or ethnic cleansing religions would become a reality again. For nearly a thousand years Syrians lived agreeably. If it can happen to Syria it can happen anywhere.

Roadside mural of Bashar al Assad along the Damascus/Aleppo highway. Image via James Gordon

You've taken the side of the Assad regime. Why?
The Syrian uprising had very little to do with the democracy loving groups as it was claimed, but rather the regressive Muslim brotherhood movement. The Syrian National Council was 80 percent comprised of this brotherhood, who have attempted revolutions before. The first demonstrations were not all peaceful either. Many soldiers and police officers were killed within the first three months. When it became a fully-fledged insurgency, with men taking up arms against the police and army, with money supplied to them from Gulf Arab states, I felt that the country was suddenly threatened, and the thing to do was stand by the army and government and call for peaceful democratic reform. I’m certain that if armed extremist gangs hell bent on Sharia law started shooting at police, killing soldiers and bombing areas of Australia as they were in Syria, most Australians would support their military.

Unfortunately the US and Australian governments decided to support these armed groups in Syria. It's a clear double standard.

Regardless, Assad is killing his own people. Why should we like him?
Because the media has been selective and biased with its reporting, blaming all 200,000 deaths on Assad and not on the "rebels," when in fact the majority of those killed were Syrian soldiers and Rebels. And these statistics are reported from the SOHR (Syrian Observatory for Human rights) and UN, which the media themselves quoted.

But that’s an issue with reporting. The basic fact is that people are being killed. That’s not an issue for you?
It is a loaded question! You are putting the blame on one man, whereas I blame the nations that backed, armed and supported the insurgency. I have a problem with any innocent person dying and there is plenty of blame to share. The Syrian army had no choice but to fight, otherwise ALQaeda would’ve taken over the country. When war begins, civilians are bound to die and endure hell on earth, that’s why I’m an anti-war activist.

An example of Syrian Girl's controversial videos
Is this an unusual opinion in Syria?
No, Assad has millions of supporters. He wouldn’t have survived this long if he didn’t. Syria has had an election both before and after the crisis, and in both cases the majority voted for Assad.

Why do you think Australians are joining the fight with ISIS in Syria?
It’s known that these young people have been brainwashed, they’ve been preached into believing they are fighting god’s war. They have also been promised the creation of an Islamic caliphate, which can span from the Middle East and extend into Europe. They believe in a messianic prophecy where Jesus will come down to Syria to defeat the anti-christ, but only if Syria is an "Islamic state".

If ISIS reaches Europe, what do you predict will happen?
When people think about World War Three, they usually define it as a war fought in the West. But for Syria, WW3 has already begun and it’s being fought on Syrian land. For now the great powers, Russia and the US, are happy to fight their wars by proxy, in Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Georgia and Ukraine. But who knows if that might change. The west is safe for now, but the whole world is teetering on the edge, and not since the days of the cold war have we been so close to falling.

You've made a number of predictions for the Middle East that have come to fruition. What's going to happen next?
Anyone who’s been paying close attention to what’s been going in the world the last 14 years would be able to do the same. I said on SBS Insight in early 2013 that Al Qaeda was the greatest threat in the Syrian conflict. I said US foreign policy supporting rebels and destabilising the Syrian state would turn Syria into another Afghanistan, and that life for women in rebel held areas would be very similar to that in Afghanistan.

Now, I predict that the US is going to claim Syria has not completely disposed of its chemical weapons, and use that as an excuse to air-strike army positions, possibly after another smaller chemical weapons attack is set up. This is going to be a similar scenario to the lead up of the Iraq war in 2002. I believe the US will start air striking the Syrian military as well as Al Qaeda linked rebels, effectively attacking both sides of the war.

The stated objective of such attacks, according to think tank analysts like Washington institute’s Andrew Tabler is to balkanise Syria into three states, a Kurdish north, an Allawite Coast controlled by Assad, and a land locked middle for everyone else, controlled by extremists and under perpetual drone strikes. If the US does strike Syria, Iran, Russia and China may react. Which would lead to a conflagration into neighbouring countries, a regional war, and potentially even a world war.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/meet-the-pro-assad-youtube-sensation-who-predicts-syrias-future

bhramos

Country flag
White House ‘Declassified Report’ On Chemical Weapons Attack In Idlib: Propaganda Or Incompetence?

bhramos

Country flag
‘People’s hopes are dashed’: Ex-Breitbart writer says Trump’s nationalist fanbase is in despair

BRAD REED
13 APR 2017 AT 19:19 ET
SOURCE
President Donald Trump has gone through some major reversals over the past week, including his decision to attack the government of Bashar al-Assad, his declaration that China is not a currency manipulator, and his embrace of the Export-Import Bank.

All of this has left some of his nationalist backers wondering what other issues he might flip-flop on — and has left them with a feeling of dread.

Politico has spoken with several nationalist Trump supporters who are already feeling disillusioned with what they’ve seen from the president, especially in the wake of former Breitbart editor Steve Bannon’s demotion from the National Security Council.

“It was like, here’s the chance to do something different — and that’s why people’s hopes are dashed,” Lee Stranahan, a former Breitbart News editor, tells Politico. “There was always the question of, ‘Did he really believe this stuff?’ Apparently the answer is, ‘Not as much as you’d like.'”

Trump supporter Tania Vojvodic, meanwhile, tells Politico that she’s concerned that Trump has stopped trying to fulfill his campaign promises as he’s grown unhappy with Bannon and has instead embraced the more conventional Republican positions espoused by his son-in-law, Jared Kushner.

“I’m not so infatuated with Trump that I can’t see the facts,” she said. “People’s belief, their trust in him, it’s declining.

And Trump supporter John Cardillo tells Politico that he’s concerned that Trump has surrounded himself with so many people who aren’t committed to enacting the kind of nationalist policy platform that Trump campaigned on.

“[Trump voters] felt like they were voting for an anti-establishment candidate — and they’re terrified, they’re losing faith,” he said. “They’re saying, ‘Why does he have these people around him?’

whoever wins the wars does not stop....................

bhramos

Country flag

Vladimir Safronkov has no chill with US/UK imperialist plots to promote regime change in Syria.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles