US Embassy attacked in Libya and Egypt

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Obama will have to take some strong action against Libya and Egypt since this is the Election Year.

Election or no election, one just cannot storm Embassies and mock international protocols.

Country flag
Obama will have to take some strong action against Libya and Egypt since this is the Election Year.

Election or no election, one just cannot storm Embassies and mock international protocols.
This is more a symbolic gesture- USA is not liked in many parts of the world and US politicians
need to stop looking at the world thru rosed colored glasses thinking everyone loves USA. I give
a lot of credit to Marines and other staff for their restraint, embassies are property of US government
and these guys are tresspassing and no retaliatory incidents have take place.

Last edited:

average american

Some one might to do some research but I have heard that one out every three loafs of bread egyptians eat comes from american aid,,, and I dont know as they can count on it much longer, attacks on the USA embassy and a bad harvest in the USA, the worst in 7 years could bring it to an end. Only Pakistan and Israel get more foreign aid then then Egypt. Asia Times Online :: Middle East News, Iraq, Iran current affairs I dont think the USA looks at the world through rose colored glass since 911.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The US Dirty tricks department will surely go into action.

You are right that the US has shown great restraint, and indeed everyone does not love the US.

The siege mentality of the Islamists have gripped them more ever since the Syrian action has taken place.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Some one might to do some research but I have heard that one out every three loafs of bread egyptians eat comes from american aid,,, and I dont know as they can count on it much longer, attacks on the USA embassy and a bad harvest in the USA, the worst in 7 years could bring it to an end. Only Pakistan and Israel get more foreign aid then then Egypt. Asia Times Online :: Middle East News, Iraq, Iran current affairs I dont think the USA looks at the world through rose colored glass since 911.
It maybe true that much of the world is sustained by US aid.

However, when there is a feeling of being under siege, then one forgets where the bread and butter comes from.

Irrationality seizes the militant fringe and they do not care.

The others suffer and can do nothing against the militants.

If the US ceases to give money and aid to Pakistan, then it will fold up.

The people don't understand, but the Govt of Pakistan does!

That is why they bark, but never dare bite the way a dog bite hurts!

At best, a symbolic nip is what is done!

Last edited:
Country flag
Are you sure about the rose colored glasses?? Osama Bin Laden was found in a Military town in
Pakistan and nothing happened to Pakistan. So why should other countries be punished for incidents
like this?? they are nothing compared to 9/11.

average american

Are you sure about the rose colored glasses?? Osama Bin Laden was found in a Military town in
Pakistan and nothing happened to Pakistan. So why should other countries be punished for incidents
like this?? they are nothing compared to 9/11.
I am not sure about that the USA sent troops into the middle of Pakistan and killed Osama bin Laden,,, if we sent troops into the middle of India and killed some one you all were protecting would you consider that doing something. You all remind me of a bunch of people standing around urging some one to fight but dont have the courage to fight yourself.

Country flag
I am not sure about that the USA sent troops into the middle of Pakistan and killed Osama bin Laden,,, if we sent troops into the middle of India and killed some one you all were protecting would you consider that doing something. You all remind me of a bunch of people standing around urging some one to fight but dont have the courage to fight yourself.
How much time,money and effort was put into finding and Killing OBL?? Why react with overwhelming
force at one time and do nothing at other times?? What these people did in the embassies is an
atrocity but nothing compared to 9/11 If someone did something along the lines of 9/11 and hides in India
I hope the Indian govt tracks him down and kills him not protect him like the Pakistani government.
You can defend the double standard but it is clearly visible.

Last edited:

blank_quest

Country flag
Demography and the strength of the ruling govt. decides the strength of the will to take actions. Strategic/Economic/Political Impact Assessment is done on demographic grounds. With the projection of external stand on vibes of domestic groups our politicians can't take hard stand as of now. It does not means India is in wrong footing. It surely is in weak-footing.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Three words. 1979. Iran. Carter.

Country flag
Demography and the strength of the ruling govt. decides the strength of the will to take actions. Strategic/Economic/Political Impact Assessment is done one demographic grounds. With the projection of external stand on vibes of domestic groups our politicians can't take hard stand as of now. It does not means India is in wrong footing. It surely is in weak-footing.
This is clearly visible- Kasab is still alive and being made a celebrity when he should have
been hanged long ago.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Attack Pakistan,.the root cause of world terrorism:cool2::cool2::cool2:
Any news on Pakis doing any riots/protest/killings OR that they are ok with the film this time? Pakis are usually quick to start anything anti-US.

If the Muslims actually learnt to ignore these kind of provocations or handle them in a mature way through lawsuits, peaceful demonstrations then the provocations would automatically reduce - as the provocateurs would know that they would be the ones who would be identified as villains and dealt with.

But then Muslims would not be Muslims if they did that...would they ?
Mature way? :rolleyes: The film depicts muslims as violent/impatient etc etc and the killings of American high officials and riots in different Arab countries proves it.

contd...

Imran Khan@ImranKhanPTI tweet -

"We strongly condemn the defamatory film made maligning our revered Prophet Muhammad(PBUH). Targeting Islam and spreading hate is unacceptable."

Reply from British ex-wife Jemima Khan@Jemima_Khan -

"@ImranKhanPTI yes but you also strongly condemn the killing of US diplomats too. Right ?"
Jemima is still not leaving Imran Khan alone. :lol:

If he condemn killings of Americans then he would not win election.

Theres going to be a million things like that on the internet, there is a lot worse............once you allow any group of people determine what other people can say you are doomed to be a slave.
That's right... internet is filled with lot of stuff like that and chat fights.

Pakistan made a BIG FOOL of Americans and their billions of tax money since they made OBL(#1 enemy of US and killer of 3000 Americans) as their lovely guest for years.

btw...strange timings...Iran-Israel face off...US elections... Syria chaos... its said that the film is funded by Jews so is it a plan to put America against Arabs and finally start a war against Iran? :hmm:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I won't blame the US for showering favours on Pakistan, even though it is quite ungrateful.

The US requires a strategic presence in the Indian subcontinent.

Pakistan can be bought with money, while other nations have principles over the dire requirement of money.

Therefore, who would like to lose a canine that is loyal if one regularly gives it its meal?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Our Secretary of State has made a statement condemning the movie which so incensed the Arab mobs. Her words are a worse crime than the murders.

Country flag
Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Maybe intel has it that there will be more storming and more Ambassadors not asphyxiated but lynched.

That would be disastrous.

Also buying time so that a strike can be organised, while at the same time, beefing up the security resources in vulnerable areas.

Who knows?

On a US military forum, I learnt that the US takes Revenge as a matter of National Policy so as to send a message that none can fool around with the US!

If that is true, I would take it that the US is buying time, literally the calm before a storm!

Last edited:
Country flag
Maybe intel has it that there will be more storming and more Ambassadors not asphyxiated but lynched.

That would be disastrous.

Also buying time so that a strike can be organised, while at the same time, beefing up the security resources in vulnerable areas.

Who knows?
Security is probably beefed up at all embassies anymore of these incidents will be an embarrassment for
Obama administration. This is a replay of Carter's Iran disaster.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles