US Embassy attacked in Libya and Egypt

IBSA

Country flag
Well, the culprit are the own Americans. Who plant fundamentalism, gather the terrorism.:mad:

To withdraw a Communist regime in Afghanistan, USA allowed Taliban/Al Qaeda fundamentalism rises to the power. Soon later, in the first Gulf War, American troops landing on KSA, the Islam sacred soil. The former Afghanistan's hero Osama bin Laden feel offended himself, and attacked US embassies on Kenya and Tanzania. Thus, the terrorist Osama bin Laden born.

And again, USA don't learn the History's lessons. To withdraw the Kadafi's enemy gov, USA allows fundamentalist rebels take over the Lybia's gov, some type of offence happens - on this case, the movie -, and they directs their angry against USA.

I think would need more time to Lybians, Syrians, and other fundamentalism rebels backed by USA to become themselves on new like-binLaden terrorists, but it happened more fast than I imagined.

TheLord

In India the film maker would have been arrested for the death of the ambassador.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Mubarak and Gaddaffi kept the mongrels in check. So did Saddam. I feel for Israel. They will bear the brunt. Its just a matter of time before Turkey plunges into fundamentalism too.
Israel themselves supported these "revolutions".

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Well, the culprit are the own Americans. Who plant fundamentalism, gather the terrorism.:mad:

To withdraw a Communist regime in Afghanistan, USA allowed Taliban/Al Qaeda fundamentalism rises to the power. Soon later, in the first Gulf War, American troops landing on KSA, the Islam sacred soil. The former Afghanistan's hero Osama bin Laden feel offended himself, and attacked US embassies on Kenya and Tanzania. Thus, the terrorist Osama bin Laden born.

And again, USA don't learn the History's lessons. To withdraw the Kadafi's enemy gov, USA allows fundamentalist rebels take over the Lybia's gov, some type of offence happens - on this case, the movie -, and they directs their angry against USA.

I think would need more time to Lybians, Syrians, and other fundamentalism rebels backed by USA to become themselves on new like-binLaden terrorists, but it happened more fast than I imagined.
You are spot on.

Need i remind you about yankees toppling govt in south america and installing dictators.

average american

The deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya may have been a planned operation and not a spontaneous protest that turned violent, U.S. officials told the New York Times and CNN on Wednesday. Initial reports suggested that protesters in Benghazi, Libya, were angry about an online video that mocked the Muslim Prophet Muhammad, and then attacked the consulate, killing U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other foreign service workers. But now, according to the New York Times, officials suspect that "an organized group had either been waiting for an opportunity to exploit like the protests over the video or perhaps even generated the protests as a cover for their attack." U.S. sources told CNN that they don't think Stevens was a specific target of the attack.

U.S. officials also told the New York Times that they still believe the protest in Cairo, where rioters scaled the U.S. Embassy's walls and destroyed the American flag, was an unorganized mob angry over the video.
The fact it happend on 911, I think the attack in Libya was planned.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
These are the same people that the yanks are supporting in syria. The hypocracy is mind boggling.

So called peace loving rebels fighting for democracy and freedom also use the same black flag. Serves the yanks right....

average american

These are the same people that the yanks are supporting in syria. The hypocracy is mind boggling.

So called peace loving rebels fighting for democracy and freedom also use the same black flag. Serves the yanks right....
What a great time for a Drone strike......as far as I am concerned they are animals we should kill them all.

average american

I expect we will be killing them,, if thats the way they want it,, its fine with me.......I have no hope or desire in living in peace with these animals, not now not ever.

Country flag
Who is Sam Bacile? Mystery of Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Link to Libya Embassy Riots Deepens - Yahoo! Finance

Who is Sam Bacile? Mystery of Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Link to Libya Embassy Riots Deepens

As the dust settles on the protests at the US Embassy in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens, the truth about nearly every aspect of the tragedy remains up in the air.
The riots, which also took place to a smaller degree in Cairo, Egypt, were initially thought to be inspired by a little-seen, cheaply made amateur film called Innocence of Islam. It was supposedly written and directed by a man named Sam Bacile, who says he made it on a $5 million budget raised from 100 Jewish donors; Bacile himself claims to be Israeli. The film supposedly screened once in July at an empty Los Angeles theater, and it was not until a trailer, dubbed in Arabic, began circulating online that it caused any sort of wave of anger.
However, The Hollywood Reporter has learned that no one named Sam Bacile is registered to the Directors' Guild of America, and the online footage does not appear to show a budget larger than independetly-financed films that win awards at festivals. Additionally, Israeli officials told the Associated Press that they had never heard of Sam Bacile, and no record exists of his citizenship.
In a report for The Atlantic, Jeffrey Goldberg spoke to a militant Christian from Riverside, Calif. named Steve Klein, who says he had a consulting role on the film. He cast doubt on Bacile's story.
"I don't know that much about him," he told Goldberg. "I met him, I spoke to him for an hour. He's not Israeli, no. I can tell you this for sure, the State of Israel is not involved, Terry Jones (the radical Christian Koran-burning pastor) is not involved. His name is a pseudonym. All these Middle Eastern folks I work with have pseudonyms. I doubt he's Jewish. I would suspect this is a disinformation campaign."
Jones is tied to the project in so much that, as a radical pastor, he has begun actively promoting the film, promising to host screenings at his Florida church. He has gained infamy for holding Koran burnings, which caused riots in Afghanistan, and he has also hanged President Obama in effigy.
Klein added that he believed that the people funding the project were not Israeli, but from Syria, Turkey, Pakistan and Egypt. He added that they were probably Coptic Egyptians and Evangelicals.
Further, there is doubt that the film was even the cause of the attacks that took the life of Stevens and the three other Americans.
CNN is reporting that an attack such as the one that killed Stevens, with rocket-launched grenades, would have required pre-planning, and is likely the work of Al Qaeda in North Africa. That group swore revenge for the June killing of a senior leader of the terror group Abu Yahya al-Libi, and has struck in Benghazi before.
There remains the possibility that the protest was organic, and that the attackers used it as a diversion for their more devastating actions.

Agnostic Muslim

Jasmine revolution coming home to roost.The Pakistanis will try to derive maximum milage out of this
How is Pakistan going to derive mileage out of this?

If anything, the Iranians, Syrians and countries against US/Saudi support for terrorists in Syria would 'derive maximum mileage' out of this.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Marines Head to Libya After Mob Kills Ambassador

The Marine Corps is sending a complement of about 50 Marines to Libya in response to a violent attack that killed four Americans in Benghazi, including the U.S. ambassador to the country.

A Marine "FAST team" — for Fleet Anti-terrorism Security Team — will protect U.S. diplomatic personnel in Libya and is heading there now. Sources at the Department of Defense would not confirm if the FAST team, trained to respond to terrorist incidents and protect U.S. installations, will head to the capitol of Tripoli or the city of Benghazi, where the mob attacked.

There is a Marine FAST team headquartered in Rota, Spain, according to the Marine Corps, but it is not clear if that is the team heading to Libya.

There are two Americans confirmed dead in Libya: U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and a foreign service officer, Sean Smith, a U.S. Air Force veteran. Contrary to early media reports, it does not appear that two Marines were killed alongside Stevens and Smith. A Marine Corps official who would not speak for the record told Danger Room that the Corps did not and currently does not have assets in Benghazi. It is currently unclear who the two other Americans dead in Libya are.

"We will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people," President Barack Obama said on Wednesday morning at the White House.

The violent demonstration in Benghazi assembled, ostensibly in reaction, to an American video criticizing the Prophet Muhammad, around the same time a similar mob in Cairo breached the gates of the U.S. Embassy there. Speaking from Washington on Wednesday morning, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said "there is no justification for this," and said the "world will never know a true and lasting peace" as long as people use religion as a pretext for violence.

But Clinton did not back away from U.S. support for the new Libyan government, which arose after an eight-month air and naval war by the U.S. and NATO that deposed the longtime Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi. Obama administration officials long cited Gadhafi's promise to go "house to house" in Benghazi killing rebels as prompting them to take military action — and so the mob in that very city came as a shock.

Americans wondered "how could this happen in a country we helped liberate, in a city we helped save?" Clinton said. GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney called the Obama administration's response to the mobs "disgraceful" after the U.S. embassy in Cairo criticized the anti-Muhammad video ahead of the protests but did not voice support for the filmmaker's freedom of speech.

The FAST teams don't have standing equipment, such as standard-issue weaponry and vehicles, for generic missions. According to the Marine Corps, the rapid-reaction teams get equipped specifically for the tasks they're asked to perform, such as evacuating U.S. personnel from crisis areas. Such teams performed evacuation missions in Liberia in 2003 and Haiti in 2004 — but no one from the Defense Department will confirm at the moment whether the FAST team heading to Libya will be tasked with securing U.S. buildings or evacuating U.S. nationals.

In addition to the Marine FAST team, there are four U.S. Navy destroyers in the eastern Mediterranean at the moment, not far from Libya: the USS Laboon, Jason Dunham, Forrest Sherman and the Cole — the ship famously attacked in Yemen by al-Qaida in 2000 — along with support ships. This is a standard complement of Navy forces in the sea, and as of now, the Navy is not moving ships to Libya in response to the crisis. There are no aircraft carriers in the Mediterranean at present.

"We are increasing security as needed around the world," said Army Lt. Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman. Where that security will increase will be assessed on "a case by case" basis. While much remains unclear from Libya, including what specifically will come next, there is a joint Pentagon-State Department-White House briefing scheduled for this afternoon; I will provide updates if and when any additional information is available.
Source: Wired (Danger Room)

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
U.S. Drones Never Left Libya; Will Hunt Benghazi Thugs

The skies over Libya were clogged with U.S. Predator drones during last year's war. But just because the war officially ended in October didn't mean the drones went home.

A Defense Department official tells Danger Room that the U.S. has kept drone flights flying over Libya, despite the conflict that initially brought them to Libyan airspace ending nearly a year ago.

"Yes, we have been flying CAPs since the war ended," says Army Lt. Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman. (CAPs is a military acronym for "combat air patrols," a term of art that typically refers to several planes flying at once for a particular mission.) The drone flights, done for surveillance purposes, occur with the consent of the new Libyan government.

The Defense Department did not release further details about the drone flights. But CNN is reporting that drone flights will assist in spotting the perpetrators of Tuesday's lethal attack on U.S. diplomatic personnel in Benghazi.

Last year's war brought drones to Libya in force, both for surveillance missions and to attack Gadhafi loyalists. Between April 21 and October 21, 2011, Predators launched 145 strikes on ex-regime targets. That was twice the barrage drones unleashed in all of 2011 on tribal Pakistan, the place commonly thought of as the epicenter of U.S. drone strikes.

In fact, the Libya war's first U.S. casualty was a drone helicopter. And apparently, NATO's announcement on October 21, 2011 that the war was over had a caveat for flying robots.

The drones won't be the only tool in Libya to "bring to justice the killers who attacked our people," to use President Barack Obama's phrase about the assault on the American consulate in Benghazi. A team of about 50 Marines is en route to Libya, for an as-yet unclear mission that could range from securing U.S. personnel in the country to evacuating them. Defense Department officials have been vague all day about U.S. military assets envisioned to avenge the deaths of four Americans.

It is unknown what exactly motivated a crowd in Benghazi to attack U.S. diplomatic personnel. The attack, which took place in at least two waves and involved small arms fire and rocket attacks, was initially thought to be motivated by a movie mocking the Prophet Muhammad made by a mysterious American filmmaker. But later reports suggest that militant organizations might have planned an assault, instead of a spontaneous protest turning violent. Reuters reported that Libyan officials blamed a militant organization called Ansar al-Sharia. Noman Benotman, a Libyan former Islamic extremist, claims that the attack was a reprisal for the U.S. killing a Libyan al-Qaida leader, Abu Yahya al-Libi, in Pakistan.

The White House has taken an initially agnostic position. "There is a lot of press speculation for who did this and why but at this stage it would be premature to ascribe any motive to this reprehensible act," Tommy Vietor, the spokesman for the National Security Council, tells Danger Room. "As the President said, make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people." And one of the tools for that purpose will be robotic.
Source: Wired (Danger Room)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles