US defence bill pledges USD 900 million to Pakistan

Country flag
Will look ahead in next report. Specially for LCA. This government usually pushes the weapons to army, indeed good, but I'm not confident about Arjun.
Rest, I'm running an aviation and aerospace thread in economy section for such issue.
India is going to use a possible mix of foreign and Indian origin weapons, till our weapons get that advanced. But must most (about 2 thirds or 3/4ths) to be produced domestically if MOD succeeds.
Defense exports up by 6 times and indigenization ratio up to be 40% but still a long way to go.

They are strategic weapons which can't be imported.:)
I really don't think indiginization is 40 percent I wish it was but that is a fake number. It is closer to 10 percent. Even night vision googles are imported. Nations like Israel population smaller than any Indian city have close to 60 percent or better indiginization capability

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I really don't think indiginization is 40 percent I wish it was but that is a fake number. It is closer to 10 percent. Even night vision googles are imported.
Now, you're being too pessimistic, seeming to be in bad mood. For night vision sight equipment, it's imported as well as locally produced. More than technology, India's problem is production.
Nations like Israel population smaller than any Indian city have close to 60 percent or better indiginization capability
You would love to know that being a small nation with less manpower, they aren't able to make everything unlike US did. So, they import from others. Fortunatrly, it includes India too.

Country flag
Now, you're being too pessimistic, seeming to be in bad mood. For night vision sight equipment, it's imported as well as locally produced. More than technology, India's problem is production.

You would love to know that being a small nation with less manpower, they aren't able to make everything unlike US did. So, they import from others. Fortunatrly, it includes India too.
I am pessimistic because I have seen this play out over and over for decades. One simple fact India is a high tech nation but India does not even have one semiconductor fab.( needed for most weapons that have electronics).

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I am pessimistic because I have seen this play out over and over for decades. One simple fact India is a high tech nation but India does not even have one semiconductor fab.( needed for most weapons that have electronics).
You just asked for semiconductor fab at the perfect moment. 5 people have asked for it just today.:biggrin2:
So, in the news, first one in Gujarat PrantJi is near completion by Q4 2017 (Noida one was cancelled regarding commercial viability). Earlier I.wanted to discuss in digital India thread, I think I will create a thread for this industry as well.

Country flag
You just asked for semiconductor fab at the perfect moment. 5 people have asked for it just today.:biggrin2:
So, in the news, first one in Gujarat PrantJi is near completion by Q4 2017 (Noida one was cancelled regarding commercial viability). Earlier I.wanted to discuss in digital India thread, I think I will create a thread for this industry as well.
Index I am very happy to see this development. I always enjoy many of the high tech threads you have started.!!!!!!

Last edited:

Superdefender

It is very simple. In my view, there are four primary civilization, viz., Indians, Mongolians, Europians and Blacks. I believe Indians are the most intelligent breed among all. It is practically impossible; but If you raise an Indian kid and another kid equally (means equal food, equal sleep, equal environment, equal study, equal emotion, everything equal like a test experiment), I bet at a certain age, the other kid will be no where near the Indian intellectually. Indian will clearly destroy its rival in mental prows and smartness. But alas, corruption rules mental power. Your super-iq Indian brain will aid the nation if the system is non-corrupt. See, I am not overreacting. Indians are the smartest among humans (yes that makes them smarter than Chinese too), if not physically. There is a reason why those Indians are at the top career ranks in US. Admit it, other nation citizens can't survive in this kind of corruption in which we are able to survive. Full potential of an Indian brain is not a farce or myth.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
There are no friends in geopolitics, only interests. The US in particular, is no one's friend. There's little we can do though in this regard. We can only keep growing stronger.

If you follow US policy in SA, I see two major aspects viz-a-viz India and Pak. First, is to prevent war by pushing us to tone it down and two is to sell as many weapons as they can to both. China is the factor that slightly provides us some leverage. Just as the Chinese used USSR to get tech from US, we must do so using China. Don't expect US to support us beyond a point though, neither can we expect them to let go of Pakis.

So milk the US as much as you can while developing our own strength.

Country flag
There are no friends in geopolitics, only interests. The US in particular, is no one's friend. There's little we can do though in this regard. We can only keep growing stronger.

If you follow US policy in SA, I see two major aspects viz-a-viz India and Pak. First, is to prevent war by pushing us to tone it down and two is to sell as many weapons as they can to both. China is the factor that slightly provides us some leverage. Just as the Chinese used USSR to get tech from US, we must do so using China. Don't expect US to support us beyond a point though, neither can we expect them to let go of Pakis.

So milk the US as much as you can while developing our own strength.
I think improving India-Chinese relations could cause a total failure in us South Asia policy? Also India is not forced to buy only from one vendor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
This my dear friends is the reason why usa has never won any major war after ww2.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I think improving India-Chinese relations could cause a total failure in us South Asia policy? Also India is not forced to buy only from one vendor.

But will China approve Indian friendship at the cost of Pakistan

I don't think so
We are Chinas regional rival.but if we strike the deal then it will be a very powerful duo.
I would love to see Russia China India industrial economic corridor.

Country flag

I don't think so
We are Chinas regional rival.but if we strike the deal then it will be a very powerful duo.
WHEN CPEC fails they will., and it will fail.

raja696

Sir I still wonder USA and China are not much adversaries as we think and projected at the world stage.

So basing on this hypothetical enmity our assumptions and strategies might hurt us in the long term.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
It pays to be a state sponsor of terror!

Because of the silly idiotic reasoning of the Yanks that they cannot afford a nuclear armed terror state to fail and become destabilized which will be a danger to the world and so needs to be molly coddled by doling out billions of American tax payers dollars and blah blah blah!

These Yanks have lost it. Seriously!

Last edited:

Flame Thrower

I don't think so
@aditya10r
Never trust Chinese....

When it comes to Geo-Politics, we can't trust anyone and remember no one will trust us....

There are interests not friends when it comes to Geo-Politics.....

We help our neighbours because of our interests, If needed I can give you hell lot of examples....

China knows that to become a super power it needs to become the unchallenged power of Asia and here we might give a tough fight and that is the only reason US wants to back us and that is the only reason why China supports Pak

Flame Thrower

It pays to be a state sponsor of terror!

Because of the silly idiotic reasoning of the Yanks that they cannot afford a nuclear armed terror state to fail and become destabilized which will be a danger to the world and so needs to be molly coddled by doling out billions of American tax payers dollars and blah blah blah!

These Yanks have lost it. Seriously!
That's what Geo-Politics is.....

Pak wants to milk America and America needs a goon to do its dirty jobs...

America will feed Pak till the time is ripe and will consume Pak....

Pak knows this and they will milk America as much as they can and try to escape America's wrath....

It's just cat and mouse game...

America needs its interests and China needs to feed it's economy.... That's how they play the game in Geo-Politics...

We feed our neighbours, so that no trouble comes from them... We take hits sometimes....we loose some battles and we win some... But we make sure that our interests are never touched...

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
It is very simple. In my view, there are four primary civilization, viz., Indians, Mongolians, Europians and Blacks. I believe Indians are the most intelligent breed among all. It is practically impossible; but If you raise an Indian kid and another kid equally (means equal food, equal sleep, equal environment, equal study, equal emotion, everything equal like a test experiment), I bet at a certain age, the other kid will be no where near the Indian intellectually. Indian will clearly destroy its rival in mental prows and smartness. But alas, corruption rules mental power. Your super-iq Indian brain will aid the nation if the system is non-corrupt. See, I am not overreacting. Indians are the smartest among humans (yes that makes them smarter than Chinese too), if not physically. There is a reason why those Indians are at the top career ranks in US. Admit it, other nation citizens can't survive in this kind of corruption in which we are able to survive. Full potential of an Indian brain is not a farce or myth.
This is just racist bullshit not supported by science and no better than the martial race theory that the Pakistanis ascribe to themselves.

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
John McCain is a douchebag, hope he chokes on his dinner and dies.
They wasted the Republican nominee position on him in 2008 when the world could have had Ron Paul and world peace. Donald Trump is ok after 8 years of the Obola administration but he'll never be Ron Paul.

Last edited:

Tony HMG

Country flag
This is nothing new.Pork is a USA ally from last many decades. Nobody is going to fight your war,you have to do it yourself. Stop complaining about this, it just displays our pussy mentality in terms of security.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles