US: Clerk jailed for blocking Gay marriage released

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Their are christians on youtube who are hellbent on proving that the earth is flat.

Sylex21

I thought you had problems with your body and now you've shown that there are some with your mind too.
Why do you get butt hurt when my opinion about same-sex marriage is "it is unnatural"
I think you are getting too focused on it being natural or unnatural or whatever else. The overall point is, what people think is their OPINION, and they don't have a right to force the actions of other people, especially if they are consenting adults and not hurting anyone else. Is this case it was the woman's job to give out marriage certificates, but she stopped doing her job and BROKE THE LAW. You said earlier that you didn't think it was wrong for her to break the law because it was new and because you didn't agree with it. But think how absurd that is. Do you want to live in a city where everyone is breaking laws anytime they don't like them? How about someone walks down the street and rapes your sister because he thinks she's hot and it's "natural" for men to rape and then he points to pretty much every animal doing it and how he don't agree with anti rape laws? Do you see how crazy that sounds now?

You don't have to like gay people, I'm sure most of them don't like you. But you should try to understand that you don't have to like something to understand people have their own rights. Honestly I'm not a huge fan of gay relationships on a personal level, but I recognize that they have the right to live their lives and I have the right to stfu because it isn't my business.

Look we're not trying to pick on you, and honestly if you were some random guy I'd just drop it. But being a fellow desi guy, we thought we'd at least try and talk some sense into you. Since we are ultimately all a reflection on one another.

I_PLAY_BAD

I think you are getting too focused on it being natural or unnatural or whatever else. The overall point is, what people think is their OPINION, and they don't have a right to force the actions of other people, especially if they are consenting adults and not hurting anyone else. Is this case it was the woman's job to give out marriage certificates, but she stopped doing her job and BROKE THE LAW. You said earlier that you didn't think it was wrong for her to break the law because it was new and because you didn't agree with it. But think how absurd that is. Do you want to live in a city where everyone is breaking laws anytime they don't like them? How about someone walks down the street and rapes your sister because he thinks she's hot and it's "natural" for men to rape and then he points to pretty much every animal doing it and how he don't agree with anti rape laws? Do you see how crazy that sounds now?

You don't have to like gay people, I'm sure most of them don't like you. But you should try to understand that you don't have to like something to understand people have their own rights. Honestly I'm not a huge fan of gay relationships on a personal level, but I recognize that they have the right to live their lives and I have the right to stfu because it isn't my business.

Look we're not trying to pick on you, and honestly if you were some random guy I'd just drop it. But being a fellow desi guy, we thought we'd at least try and talk some sense into you. Since we are ultimately all a reflection on one another.
Thanks for your concern and stepping up to me.

Personally, I don't hate same-sex couples. When I said it was unnatural it did not mean I hated them.
I do respect their feelings. But creating a big scene for this incident as some woman because of religious beliefs denied marriages suddenly is what I question. All these centuries that country did not recognize it and all of a sudden a simple law created a sense of equality and drew all forces in favor of them ? That does not go down well with me. I am questioning that mindset of the media which propagandized it and the public who 'suddenly' started to rally for equality.

Law does not enable equality, but our minds does. That is the care reason reason which made me put that statement.

I appreciate your willingness :)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles