US B-52 Bombers Challenge Disputed China Air Zone

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This "new patriotism" (新爱国主义) that describe the popular sentiment of nationalism is nothing more than the theoretical logic of nationalism that is something frightful and dangerous.

It does not lie too far, in fact, from bullying racism and jingoism.

ice berg

In the usual DFI fashion the topic is moving away from ADZ to Rays favourit subjects racism and jingoism. Just saying.

bennedose

The news today says that the US is "urging" American civil aircraft to respect the Chinese air defence zone. That makes it more difficult for China - they cannot declare victory by sending off a civilian flight. They will have to face off against a military flight.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In the usual DFI fashion the topic is moving away from ADZ to Rays favourit subjects racism and jingoism. Just saying.
Is this racism & jingoism?

This "new patriotism" (新爱国主义) that describe the popular sentiment of nationalism is nothing more than the theoretical logic of nationalism that is something frightful and dangerous. [/]

It does not lie too far, in fact, from bullying racism and jingoism
Are you suggesting that this is my own creation - 新爱国主义?

Are you denying that there is no such word in Communist China?

As far as the so called Chinese ADIZ, China is eating crow.

US is flying military aircraft daily through this make belief Chinese unenforced and unenforceable ADIZ.

So, what are you crowing about?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The news today says that the US is "urging" American civil aircraft to respect the Chinese air defence zone. That makes it more difficult for China - they cannot declare victory by sending off a civilian flight. They will have to face off against a military flight.
See the other thread on this issue.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/china/56364-official-us-gives-up-challenging-chinas-adiz.html

The US is flying daily its military aircraft through the so called ADIZ of the Chinese.

The US is making China eat crow inspite of the exulting of the Chinese poster with that title for the thread.

Last edited:

happy

@Tolaha, got to give it to you !!!:salute: :rofl: @ice berg didn't even have a clue. I just hate it when that idiot says jai hind after all this BS.

Would be better if somebody freezes him permanently in ice and throws him into china.

Last edited by a moderator:

ice berg

@Tolaha, got to give it to you !!!:salute: :rofl: @ice berg didn't even have a clue. I just hate it when that idiot says jai hind after all this BS.

Would be better if somebody freezes him permanently in ice and throws him into china.
I guess besides ad hominems your reading and comprehension skills arer yet to be improved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The B52s surely violated the ADIZ made by China.

They flew over the Japanese islands claimed by China and those fall under the so called Chinese ADIZ.

ice berg

Is this racism & jingoism?

Are you suggesting that this is my own creation - 新爱国主义?

Are you denying that there is no such word in Communist China?

As far as the so called Chinese ADIZ, China is eating crow.

US is flying military aircraft daily through this make belief Chinese unenforced and unenforceable ADIZ.

So, what are you crowing about?
And they are relevant to the topic because?

ice berg

The B52s surely violated the ADIZ made by China.

They flew over the Japanese islands claimed by China and those fall under the so called Chinese ADIZ.
How do they "violate" international airspace?

Country flag
This is a plan by china to prevent trade by other neighboring nations this has more economic implications
Than military ones.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
How do they "violate" international airspace?
China considers that 'international airspace' over the islands as Chinese ADIZ and none can enter it without Chinese sanction.

The fact that the US B52s did not bother, indicates that they don't take the Chinese seriously or recognises the so called ADIZ.

Or do you accept that the airspace over the islands are international airspace and not in the boundary of the so called Chinese ADIZ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And they are relevant to the topic because?
新爱国主义 means new nationalism or New patriotism.

This is the new theory that has seized China.

The book by the Chinese author on 新爱国主义 indicates that this has been roused because of the hate generated by the humiliation meted out to the Han by the Western Powers and the Japanese.

Now, that China is in a better position, it is ready to challenge the Western powers and the world.

Unhappy China, written by Wang Xiaodong, Liu Yang, Song Qiang, Huang Jisu, and Song Xiaojun, has captured the imagination of many Chinese, and concerned others.

On this book here is a comment

When I first heard about the book Unhappy China, I thought it was probably about how laid-off workers were unhappy, or about how peasants who had lost their land were unhappy. Maybe it was about how college graduates searching for work were unhappy, about how stock market investors were unhappy, or about how victims of the poisonous milk powder scandal were unhappy. [This would make sense], because the actual expression of such unhappinesses is a mark of the progress China has made. Instead, the book's authors cast their sights much farther afield for the source of China's unhappiness. They talk about the collective anger of Chinese toward Western nations, and say that Chinese anger demands the emergence of a group of heroes to "lead our people to successfully control and use more resources, ridding [the world of] of bullies and bringing peace to good people."
Have ou now understood the equation?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Another commentary

Too wiped out to put up anything new, and know I've been delinquent the past couple of days. In the meantime, two worthwhile links:

Unhappy China – a translation of one of the best critiques of the much-discussed book. (Via Danwei.)

An Unsure China Steps Upon the World Stage – a good read after the Unhappy China link above.

Aside from that, let me just make one brief observation: This week I've been reading scores of articles on the financial crisis from a wide array of Chinese media, some written in English and others translated into English. One thing I suddenly realized today: Nearly every single one of them begins by stating matter-of-factly, in more or less these words, "The global recession, which was caused by America's financial irresponsibility"¦." At a point later on in each article, with uncanny regularity, appears another matter-of-fact reference, this time to the certainty that China's situation is now improving, the worst is over and it's now just a matter of putting the finishing touches on a successful stimulus plan.

Now, I am the first to admit this disaster was to a very large extent caused by American fiscal irresponsibility. However, I also know that the exact same message planted in the opening sentences of one article after another after another after another is no coincidence and is part of a propaganda campaign that has two clear intentions:

1. To make it clear that it was America's malfeasance that spoiled the party, and
2. To make it clear that China is bouncing back rapidly and was better prepared for catastrophe (through its savings) and better prepared for the arrival of new world order to come.

Keep your eyes opened for similar memes. They don't just appear in a vacuum, and they are clearly choreographed. And for the record (yes, another mandatory disclaimer), I am not necessarily disagreeing with either of those two items – there's some truth to both, though how much is impossible to say yet. I'm simply pointing out that we're witnessing a campaign to engineer the way Chinese people look at this disaster – as entirely America's fault, without question, and China's opportunity. China was blameless, a victim, but thanks to its wisdom it will ultimately benefit from America's blight on the world.

Both of the two links above offer insight into this mentality and how it relates to the present mood in the country. The popularity of Unhappy China makes perfect sense.

Richard Burger is the author of Behind the Red Door: Sex in China, an exploration of China's sexual revolution and its clash with traditional Chinese values.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/china/56397-unhappy-china-why.html
Have you got it now?

You must read; at least about your won country, if not about others!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles