US Army introducing 9mm hollow point

apple

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-s-army-switching-to-hollow-point-ammunition/

Here's a story I though some of you could wet your pants about. Ameerikan Juice warcrrimnels breek Gerneva cunventern.

Seems, according to a single article on a site I wouldn't overly trust, that this ammunition isn't just for use against illegal combatants i.e. ISIS, but will be standard issue. They've re-interpreted the Hague Convention (or whatever it was).

Doesn't really surprise me that the press hasn't picked this up, it's a bit too technical for them. Also guess, the US army would be trying to keep this quiet so Obama, etc... wont be making an issue of it.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-s-army-switching-to-hollow-point-ammunition/

Here's a story I though some of you could wet your pants about. Ameerikan Juice warcrrimnels breek Gerneva cunventern.

Seems, according to a single article on a site I wouldn't overly trust, that this ammunition isn't just for use against illegal combatants i.e. ISIS, but will be standard issue. They've re-interpreted the Hague Convention (or whatever it was).

Doesn't really surprise me that the press hasn't picked this up, it's a bit too technical for them. Also guess, the US army would be trying to keep this quiet so Obama, etc... wont be making an issue of it.
Damn!!!!!
Are they gonna give this/have been giving this to the so called syrian rebels?

anupamsurey

Country flag
arent hollow point bullets banned, wont it be like breaking some convention.

Sylex21

"In a significant doctrinal shift, the U.S. military is relegating full metal jacketed (FMJ) pistol bullets to a training role, and will be adopting modern hollowpoint designs similar to those used by most domestic law enforcement agencies and citizens who carry handguns for self-defense.

The stunning announcement was made at the U.S Army’s Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey yesterday during the military’s two-day “industry day” for the Modular Handgun System (MHS), which will conclude today.

A military lawyer who made a presentation during the Industry Day noted that the United States is not a signatory to the Hague Conventions which outlawed the use of “dum-dum” and expanding bullets more than a century ago. It is the military’s position that the shift to jacketed hollowpoint (JHP) ammunition, which more efficiently transfers energy to the target and which presents much less of a risk of over-penetration, is more humane and less of a risk to innocent civilians downrange in modern combat where there are often no clear front lines."

http://bearingarms.com/u-s-military-makes-monumental-shift-hollowpoint-pistol-ammunition/

more info:

http://www.armytimes.com/story/mili...gun-system-solicitation-hollowpoint/29886907/

Seems they are considering it but it is not adopted or a sure thing, their stated logic is that it would prevent shooting through terrorists into civilians.

Not sure how I feel about this, but seems disappointing.

apple

arent hollow point bullets banned, wont it be like breaking some convention.
No, they are not banned.

Well maybe someone has banned them.

Armies having, and using them, isn't (as far as I'm aware) breaking any conventions. An army, from a country which is a signatory of the Hague convention, using them against uniformed members of an army of another country who are also signatories woud be a problem.

Damn!!!!!
Are they gonna give this/have been giving this to the so called syrian rebels?
Don't be ridiculous, this hasn't even happened yet.

I'd be interested in what you think Syrian rebels have been given. Well actually, I'm not that interested you sound like someone wearing a tinfoil hat.

Would be easier for civilians/ non state groups to buy hollow point, through non military channels, than it would be for them to buy full metal jacket.

Seems they are considering it but it is not adopted or a sure thing, their stated logic is that it would prevent shooting through terrorists into civilians.

Not sure how I feel about this, but seems disappointing.
Are "through and throughs" a big problem for 9mm handguns? Would say good luck trying to prove that in court, but guess this decision wont be questioned in any court.

Does seem a bit hypocritical that if a cop shots me in the street, they'd have used a hollow point but terrorists, shot by the army, get the "humane" bullet.

Will be, sort of, interesting to see if this will only be for pistols or this is a just the beginning of a widescale change of ammunition. Am entirely sure the majority of deaths caused by the 9mm used by the US Army were suffered by US army personal in accidents, etc...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles