US and Israel withdraw from Unesco

Tactical Frog

Country flag
I personnally think that US under the Trump administration shows once again that it has only contempt for the rest of the world, minus Israel. Unesco may need reforms but it is not by withdrawing that you can change things.

I wish good luck to Unesco new Head, Audrey Azoulay from France.

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I personnally think that US under the Trump administration shows once again that it has only contempt for the rest of the world, minus Israel. Unesco may need reforms but it is not by withdrawing that you can change things.

Good screw the UN.without it India can achieve a lot more provided it has its own will.

The less powerful it is the less powerful becomes this artificial construct of human rights and universal law.the more it returns to organic might makes right which will be in India interest.

IndianHawk

Country flag

Entire UN needs reforms. It's been a lackey of the west but ironically it's not working for USA anymore.

From Indian perspective UN needs to collapse. Without that happening india won't find it's right full place.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Entire UN needs reforms. It's been a lackey of the west but ironically it's not working for USA anymore.

From Indian perspective UN needs to collapse. Without that happening india won't find it's right full place.
I have no idea why India needs UN to collapse . It will just lead to a world with less places for negotiation, less rules and more likeliness for peer to peer wars .

Longewala

Country flag

You mean the "rest of the world" that sides with the Arab gangsters who very clearly say they would exterminate Israel given a chance, or with terrorist states like Pakistan

Trump is not the problem in a world where an islamofascist country like Saudi can get to be champion of human rights at the UN

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Less funding for UNESCO. USA might force UNESCO to "correct" it's policies regarding Israel.
. Actually US had already suspended funding Unesco after the controversial Unesco resolution about Jerusalem. Their withdrawal is more like a rejection of multilateralism when multilateralism does not suit the official Washington’s policy.

Not often that I have to quote Sputnik and agree with the Russian way of putting things, but :

« The US withdrawal from UNESCO is an emotional step, but it will not cause inconvenience to the international organization, Russian Culture Minister Vladimir Medinsky told Sputnik in an interview. »

"UNESCO has already got used to the absence of the United States in its composition, so it will not cause a great inconveniences to the organization," the minister said.
« According to Medinsky, the United States has formed a habit of dictating its terms, whereas UNESCO has a principle of compromise and respect for the position of others.

"So I think that this is an emotional step connected with the unipolar world syndrome that this great country, the United States, is going through. I think that it will sooner or later overcome this syndrome," Medinsky added. »

https://sputniknews.com/us/201710141058228880-us-unesco-withdrawal/

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Trump was like... well that is an easy way to save $150 million a year, DO IT!
Yeah, let’ s screw all the Unesco efforts to save the endangered sites belonging to the world heritage list. Let’s screw all the efforts to fight against the illicit trafficking of cultural property.

All hail Trump ! :clap2:

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yeah, let’ s screw all the Unesco efforts to save the endangered sites belonging to the world heritage list. Let’s screw all the efforts to fight against the illicit trafficking of cultural property.

All hail Trump ! :clap2:
This is good for America,this money is only wasted from Americans pocket to some organisation that cares more about other countries sites.

If I was American,this would be a good move.You are a white person I presume.

Let me tell you this why is it that when white people do something explicitly or implicitly good for their group everyone loses their mind.

Here heck it is the default stance of people.you better start being selfish.donald trump should be normal not wierd.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I have no idea why India needs UN to collapse . It will just lead to a world with less places for negotiation, less rules and more likeliness for peer to peer wars .
It will lead to a new 21st century institution where India shall have a right full place.
Current UN isn't going to change. Major powers Germany Japan India Brazil have no place in UNSC.

They will simply exsercise their influence outside of UN thus making UN a sad joke.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
It will lead to a new 21st century institution where India shall have a right full place.
Current UN isn't going to change. Major powers Germany Japan India Brazil have no place in UNSC.

They will simply exsercise their influence outside of UN thus making UN a sad joke.
So all you want is a successor to United Nations, not the law of the strongest. I understand that position. Maybe it will happen , since US is on the path of destroying the international order as we know it.

Tactical Frog

Country flag

Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief

14 October 2017

Audrey Azoulay has been elected to become the next head of UNESCO - the UN's education, science and culture agency - after an unusually heated vote that was overshadowed by Middle East tensions.

The board's selection of Azoulay, 45, over a Qatari candidate came the day after the United States announced that it intends to pull out of UNESCO because of its alleged anti-Israel bias.

The news rocked a weeklong election already marked by geopolitical resentments, concerns about the Paris-based agency's dwindling funding and questions about its future purpose.

If confirmed by UNESCO's 195-member General Assembly next month, Azoulay will succeed outgoing Director-General Irina Bokova of Bulgaria, whose eight-year term was marred by financial woes.

Azoulay was born in Paris to a Moroccan Jewish family from Essaouira, and is the daughter of Andre Azoulay, an adviser to King Mohammed VI of Morocco.

Arab leadership bid
Azoulay, a former French culture minister, narrowly beat Qatar's Hamad bin Abdulaziz al-Kawari in the final 30-28 vote after she won a runoff with a third finalist from Egypt earlier on Friday.

The outcome was a blow for Arab states that have long wanted to lead the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.

UNESCO has had European, Asian, African and American chiefs, but never one from an Arab country.

In brief remarks after she won the election, Azoulay said the response to UNESCO's problems should be to reform the agency, not to walk away from it.

"In this moment of crisis, I believe we must invest in UNESCO more than ever, look to support and reinforce it, and to reform it. And not leave it," she said.

The Qatari government extended congratulations to France on Azoulay winning the post.

The foreign ministry in Doha said in a statement that al-Kuwari ran the electoral process with honour and integrity, while it praised the electoral process for its fairness and transparency.

Reaction to the vote in Qatari media was less favourable.

READ MORE: US and Israel withdraw from UNESCO

Arrayah newspaper blamed the loss of al-Kuwari on a lobby by Qatar's detractors; "their main goal and success was to prevent the winning of the Qatari candidate at all costs".

"The siege countries (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt) mobilised their efforts in open and scandalous conspiracies against the candidate of Qatar, in a precedent not known to the Arab homeland in such a gross and ugly form," Arrayah added.

Azoulay started the week with much less support than al-Kawari but built up backing as other candidates dropped out. She went on to win a runoff with a third finalist, Moushira Khattab of Egypt.

Egypt's foreign ministry has demanded an inquiry into alleged "violations" during the voting.

Source: Al Jazeera and news agencies

http://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2017/10/audrey-azoulay-wins-vote-unesco-chief-171014070743142.html

Last edited:

Rahul Prakash

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I do want the law of the strongest as I know that India will be among the top 10 or maybe even top 5.

The UN is bad for India anyways.its not the UN that protected it during war it was India itself.its not un that protects it from terrorism,India is alone fighting that and always will be alone.so I don't care if the officials of the UN got rabies and die a horrible death.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
it is a fact that the UN is as much as an abject failure like its predecessor the League of nations
of which the Indian Empire was a founding member of

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Just curious: why is collapse of in important for India's "right full place"??

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

If these powers are able to exercise influence outside of UN, they will eventually and UN's power ( if any ) will decrease naturally.
It's not that collapse of UN will strengthen India but other way around; strengthening of India will weaken UN if UN doesn't change accordingly.
Right now India can (on an overall basis) more or less stand up to France and Russia and useless kuntry ( aka the UK)
Much work needs to be done to reach china and even more for US of yay...

Global Defence

Articles