US and Indian troops to begin training together for war

Officer of Engineers

Professional
Hehehahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Oh God, did you actually read this? No, I don't mean whether the cabinet minister was a CIA spy or not but that the Soviets actually had a clue what Kissenger was talking about?

And I am sorry but reading the 1971 War, your army accomplished exactly what it set out to accomplished. Unless you can show me warplans that were abandonned half way when you were clearly winning, then I put this to rumour after the fact.

As far as I know, the Indian Army was never deterred nor ordered away from the objectives. Maybe you know better. I certainly don't.

Officer of Engineers

Professional
Sir,
Diego Garcia:mornin:
Hehehehehahahahaha, I rather not go through that headache again. I know the force was airborne but for the life of me, I can't figure out what they want to do.

Actually, do we even know why they were ordered back? I don't.

And I will ask we leave it at that. The good Officer who let us in on that beautiful, wonderful, mindtease don't know anymore and it is impolite to ask for anything more.

icecoolben

Even if i had the plans, i couldn't post it on a forum, could i now? Just let of this conversation.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Hehehehehahahahaha, I rather not go through that headache again. I know the force was airborne but for the life of me, I can't figure out what they want to do.

Actually, do we even know why they were ordered back? I don't.

And I will ask we leave it at that. The good Officer who let us in on that beautiful, wonderful, mindtease don't know anymore and it is impolite to ask for anything more.
Very simple,
Indira Gandhi was a very clever lady, she was bluffing Russians.

Officer of Engineers

Professional
I've spent two years racking my brain over this. If you've got a plausible scenario, I really would like to see it.

p2prada

I doubt we had the logistics, equipment or manpower to launch invasions on both fronts in 1971.

deltacamelately

Professional
India would have taken out islamabad in the 1971 war, but for nixon's affinity for pakistan.
No India wouldn't.
There were no OPOBJs for taking out Islamabad. Of max, there were only US presumptions that the InA's OPOBJs were to destroy the Pakistan military and war making capabilities....but certainly there were no such objectives.

The InA achieved its stated OPOBJ and that was to dismember East Pakistan.

deltacamelately

Professional
if moscow wanted US to be at a nuclear war, they would have let the cuban missile crisis to explode, not back off with some US concessions. India was under the soviet nuclear umbrella, so retaliation would mean USSR VS US. thats something any responsible super power would avoid. So did the soviets.
Icecoolben,

India never was and never will be under anyone's nuclear umbrella other than its own. The Soviet's were our strategic partner but we never actually were under a block. Same goes for the current Indo-US strategic partnership, we will never be under a US block. We are just too similar.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles