US: 200 Muslim workers Fired after dispute over Islamic prayers

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
US: 200 Muslim workers Fired after dispute over Islamic prayers

FORT MORGAN, Colo. --
Nearly 200 Muslim workers have been fired from a Cargill meatpacking plant in Colorado, for walking out after a dispute over prayer breaks.

Praying five times a day is a must for many Muslims.But Tony Aden says missing even one of those prayers over a break time dispute caused him and many others to walk away from their jobs.

"It don't matter if I don't have a job, my religion is more important," Aden told CBS News.

Cargill spokesperson Michael Martin says prayer is allowed. But he says a misunderstanding of company policy came on December 18th, when 11 workers asked for a break to pray at the same time.

"Coming from that specific work area would have disrupted the workflow so the supervisor told the employees that they could go pray, but they would have to go in smaller numbers than 11," Martin told CBS News. "It would have to be three at a time."

The following Monday, nearly 200 employees from the Muslim community didn't show up to work for three consecutive days. The company fired them all.

"There are times when accommodation is not possible," Martin said. "But in an overwhelming majority of instances, we do everything we can to ensure sure that we do accommodate employees."

Jaylani Hussein represents 150 workers who are now without a job.

"Now we are getting supervisors who are telling our clients to go home if they wanted to pray," Hussein said. "If they are denied their basic rights to practice their faith reasonably at their employment, they seem to be losing one of the basic fundamental rights."

Cargill is now hiring to fill the shoes of those who walked out.Areas have been set up at Cargill since 2009 to accommodate anyone who requested time to pray.

The Council on American Islamic Relations is currently working reach an agreement with Cargill so that those fired workers can return.
=======================================================================================

"If they are denied their basic rights to practice their faith reasonably at their employment, they seem to be losing one of the basic fundamental rights."
At 1% they want basic "fundamental" rights and when they reach 5% they would start asking SHARIA as as a basic "fundamental" right as well. That's the story around the world and confirms what is said by Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat.

God is never happy who do not concentrate on their duties for which they are sent to Earth.

@Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @Bornubus @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @gpawar @hit&run @Indx TechStyle @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao @Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @Peter @pmaitra @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sorcerer @Simple_Guy @Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @thethinker @VIP @Vishwarupa @VIP @Varahamihira @roma @Mad Indian 2

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
hehehe ... no azam khan no awaisi no sala intolerance ka chakker. and look in malda.. bc tamasha bana rahe hai

The Analyst

It shouldn't be that hard you can pray on your break or your launch you don't need to be that strict I'm Muslim and I pray when I have time.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
The world is getting interesting day by day.

Looks like good old days are coming back.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Capitalism don't care Bedouin religious rituals, it needs money,it needs profit.This is US not 3rd world country.

Why do you think,Hindus are so successful professionaly Abroad ?

I_PLAY_BAD

From what I see, many of my Muslims colleagues do not pray five times a day when in office. They don't even follow that strictly during Ramadan, only fasting. On the other hand many of my Muslim colleagues go for five times prayer every working day. From these two points, it is all about belief and not that if Muslims do not follow their customs very strictly Allah would punish them.

When you are working for another person we first need to be sincere and productive for the money which we get. Is there a higher spiritualism or rationalism than that ?

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Nice. Let us invent a religion which asks us to stay home and sleep for 5 days a week. Then lets see what they have to say about the following.

"If they are denied their basic rights to practice their faith reasonably at their employment, they seem to be losing one of the basic fundamental rights."

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Honestly US knows how to handle Muslims, better than India. They have learnt their weakpoints.

cannonfodder

Country flag
Now situation is returned normal according to them after Malda riots atleast in India.
Happily they can read news and go about their lives as "radical" Hindus are silent now.:playball:

Any actors protesting over this "intolerance"?
Unlike India, there is real RW here. Also being pre-dominantly christian society, it will not put its guard down easily against Islamist and it better remains this way.

Honestly US knows how to handle Muslims, better than India. They have learnt their weakpoints.

Alien

Any actors protesting over this "intolerance"?
Intolerance brigade is specific to India. They are least bothered about global intolerance issues.

Those bollywood khan b@st@rds, writers, sickulars and their likes won't come out to protest now!

Kshatriya87

Country flag
How did they handle them? Did you read what happened to that kid who brought a bomb which was not a bomb in school? They showered him with fame.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Intolerance brigade is specific to India. They are least bothered about global intolerance issues.

Those bollywood khan b@st@rds, writers, sickulars and their likes won't come out to protest now!
Not even specific to India. Only specific to muslims as victims. No one else. Look at Malda. Do you see anyone crying intolerance?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles