Urdu Media gave a tiny converge to sindhudesh activists

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Sindhudesh supporters should work together with the Baluchis, the Shia people of the Northern Areas as well as those elements from the Taliban who want to create Pakhtunkhwa.

I'm not sure about an independent Sindhudesh though. Throughout history, Sindh has always been part of the Indian civilization and culture-in fact it has been the area where the Indus valley civilization began. Sindh should actually be a part of India-the Baluchis on the other hand have a more rightful claim to be independent, since they were rarely part of Indian kingdoms-they were largely ruled by Persian monarchs.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Sindhudesh supporters should work together with the Baluchis, the Shia people of the Northern Areas as well as those elements from the Taliban who want to create Pakhtunkhwa.

I'm not sure about an independent Sindhudesh though. Throughout history, Sindh has always been part of the Indian civilization and culture-in fact it has been the area where the Indus valley civilization began. Sindh should actually be a part of India-the Baluchis on the other hand have a more rightful claim to be independent, since they were rarely part of Indian kingdoms-they were largely ruled by Persian monarchs.
I think comments such as yours will only alienate and infuriate the Sindhi nationalists. Can't you just let them be?

Let them have their struggle and all the best to them. If they succeed, it is their choice whether they want to be totally independent, part of India, or independent along with treaties with India. They will make that choice. Let us not speak for them.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador

Paki Punjab has always been part of Indian civilization as well. But I wouldn't want anything to do with Paki Punjab.

Let Sindh become an independent, pro-India republic. Hopefully, we can do a better job managing relations with them than we did with Bangladesh.

In addition to the Sindhi nationalists we should support all secular nationalist movements in Pakistan. These people have ideologies compatible with India's. We should steer clear of fundamentalist Islamists like the Taliban, even if they are currently opposed to the Pakistani state. We should learn from the example of the West and their Pakistani stooges who supported these Islamists in Afghanistan on the basis of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Those same "friends" are now biting them in the ass.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I think comments such as yours will only alienate and infuriate the Sindhi nationalists. Can't you just let them be?

Let them have their struggle and all the best to them. If they succeed, it is their choice whether they want to be totally independent, part of India, or independent along with treaties with India. They will make that choice. Let us not speak for them.
I don't think the plans or outcomes of the struggle of Sindhi nationalists depend on whether they get my support or not in DFI. :lol:

What I said though is a historical fact, just like Nepal, Sindh is part of the Indian civilization.

Paki Punjab has always been part of Indian civilization as well. But I wouldn't want anything to do with Paki Punjab.

Let Sindh become an independent, pro-India republic. Hopefully, we can do a better job managing relations with them than we did with Bangladesh.

In addition to the Sindhi nationalists we should support all secular nationalist movements in Pakistan. These people have ideologies compatible with India's. We should steer clear of fundamentalist Islamists like the Taliban, even if they are currently opposed to the Pakistani state. We should learn from the example of the West and their Pakistani stooges who supported these Islamists in Afghanistan on the basis of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Those same "friends" are now biting them in the ass.
Pakjab is a different case, Pakjab is Pakistan more or less.

None of the freedom movements in ----stan are secular, and even if they appear so now, after they get independence, they will show their true colours, just like Bombladesh.

It is best to integrate some of these states into the Indian Union, while keeping some others as a buffer between us and the barbarian hordes.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I don't think the plans or outcomes of the struggle of Sindhi nationalists depend on whether they get my support or not in DFI. :lol:

What I said though is a historical fact, just like Nepal, Sindh is part of the Indian civilization.
Yes, good that you realize how inconsequential you are. You cannot influence the outcome in any way, true. But you can certainly alienate the Sindhis on DFI. Which there is no need to.

If you fear that the populace is not going to be truly secular, like the BDiots whom you so rightly pointed out, that should be an argument against unification with India, no?

In any case, let them decide what they want. Most probably they will choose to be independent, with mutually beneficial trade treaties with India.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Yes, good that you realize how inconsequential you are. You cannot influence the outcome in any way, true. But you can certainly alienate the Sindhis on DFI. Which there is no need to.

If you fear that the populace is not going to be truly secular, like the BDiots whom you so rightly pointed out, that should be an argument against unification with India, no?

In any case, let them decide what they want. Most probably they will choose to be independent, with mutually beneficial trade treaties with India.
Alienate the Sindhis on DFI? WTF are you smoking? :crazy:

Every single argument or discussion on this forum alienates someone or the other. If your policy were to be applied, no one would disagree on anything and there would be no discussions.

If Bombladesh was a part of India today, it could have been easily controlled and managed just like the NE. As long as nobody gave them a separate status a la Article 370, the might of the Indian state would have crushed any uprisings and/or terrorism and secular, progressive education would do the rest. Instead, we have an unstable, unpredictable neighbour who is a source of millions of refugees and terrorists.

It is always better to absorb unstable mini-states within a greater stable, rising power. That's Statecraft 101 for you.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Every single argument or discussion on this forum alienates someone or the other. If your policy were to be applied, no one would disagree on anything and there would be no discussions.

If Bombladesh was a part of India today, it could have been easily controlled and managed just like the NE. As long as nobody gave them a separate status a la Article 370, the might of the Indian state would have crushed any uprisings and/or terrorism and secular, progressive education would do the rest. Instead, we have an unstable, unpredictable neighbour who is a source of millions of refugees and terrorists.

It is always better to absorb unstable mini-states within a greater stable, rising power. That's Statecraft 101 for you.
Bullshit. All we would have achieved with Bombladesh in India, is massive riots, constant friction and tension, and never a possibility of progress - they would have dragged the whole nation down.

For the same reason, I am seriously irked with people who advocate "Akhand Bharat". On DFI, we have some members who have advocated "Akhand Bharat" in the past. Partition was the best thing to have happened to this country. I only wish it had been less violent. "Crush any uprising", "statecraft 101" - my arse. Couldn't de-radizalize the population in tiny Kashmir valley even after so many years, and dreams of "de-radicalizing" massive countries like Bangladesh. :bs:

jamesvaikom

@Bangalorean
I agree with all your arguments in this thread. We have only few Sindhis on DFI. But I am sure they are capable of influencing many people in Sind. There is huge difference between Bangladesh and Sind. The only asset of Bangladesh is man power which we have in excess. But Sind and Baluch have huge natural resources which we are facing shortage. Trade with them will benefit both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned

THis is generally true. However, with regards to Bombladesh, this argument doesn't make sense because Bombladesh has a huge muslim population in an extremely tiny space. Merging Bombladesh with India would have essentially created a situation where a 150 million fanatic bombladeshis would migrate to different parts of the country resulting in massive ethnic conflicts and religious riots. And what would we gain in return? A flood prone tiny area which is essentially good for nothing. Too much ethnic AND religious diversity can break the nation unless you had a Soviet style authoritarian leader who can essentially destroy peripheral/unwanted cultures.

Sindhifreedomfighter

Most of the time in history Sindh has remained an independent country. Sindh was an independent country at 1843 when the British occupied it. Sindh was an independent country when Bin Qasim attacked it in 712 A.D. A separate and giant Sindhu Kingdom had been mentioned several times in Mahabharata. Sindh remained independent alternately when India was under ghanavi, ghauri and moghul reign.

dhananjay1

Sindh can't be free till the power of Punjabi army is intact and there is no force in Sindh that can take on the army at the moment. Also there would be problems with Mojahirs and Pashtuns in Karachi, they are not likely to support an independent Sindh.

Sindhifreedomfighter

Sindh can't be free till the power of Punjabi army is intact and there is no force in Sindh that can take on the army at the moment. Also there would be problems with Mojahirs and Pashtuns in Karachi, they are not likely to support an independent Sindh.
I agree with you. Though the conditions are not conducive for Sindhudesh at the moment. But it has to happen. Pakistan is born to disintegrate. Sindhudesh will be made. Sindhudesh is truth Pakistan is a lie. The lie can not last longer.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Sindhifreedomfighter One biggest issue with your movement, your capital and the richest city in Pakistan is not in Sindhi hands. Without being able to control Karachi, you can never hope to get any of your demands met.

And besides Karachi, the second largest city of Sindh, Hyderabad is also not in Sindhi control

Further, Sindh's leaders are usually Wadheras and Pirs who have massive population support and wealth.

So your first goal would be to assert your self in local elections in the cities, second try to take down Wadheras and Pirs.

Sindhifreedomfighter

@Sindhifreedomfighter One biggest issue with your movement, your capital and the richest city in Pakistan is not in Sindhi hands. Without being able to control Karachi, you can never hope to get any of your demands met.

And besides Karachi, the second largest city of Sindh, Hyderabad is also not in Sindhi control

Further, Sindh's leaders are usually Wadheras and Pirs who have massive population support and wealth.

So your first goal would be to assert your self in local elections in the cities, second try to take down Wadheras and Pirs.
@Singh
Dear, nowadays, karachi is in no one's hand. Though MQM has strong position. Demographically, your Indian gifts (immigrants from India) sent to Sindh make up majority in Karachi and Sindhis rank second in population in karachi.
Hyderabad is stronghold of sindhi nationalists being headquarters of many sindhi nationalist organizations.
As far as, all the feudals and sardars(local lords) support the pro federation parties. The problem here is that vote is costed on tribal, ethnic and caste basis that is why these feudals win. secondly, they harass people to vote for them. whereas all the nationalist parties are headed and run by middle class people. The major separatist parties do not contest elections rather boycott it that is why you don't see them in assemblies. Otherwise, nationalists and separatists have a considerable public support.
Though the movement is not strong enough but it is gaining momentum gradually. It is a process which takes time. India got independence after around 200 yrs of british occupation but Pakistan is still 66 yrs old and it will end soon.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles