UPA's record better than NDA's: Sonia Gandhi

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by SHASH2K2, Dec 20, 2010.

1. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

NEW DELHI: Asserting that Congress will take corruption head on, Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday hailed as inspiring Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's assurance that he will take forward her five-point action plan to battle the menace.

"We will take corruption head on and demonstrate it through our actions and not through words alone. I had made specific suggestions in this regard (in the speech on Sunday) and the Prime Minister, in his inspiring address on Monday morning, assured us that he will take them forward," she said in her remarks winding up the two-day Congress plenary here.

Gandhi said it was the duty of Congress workers to counter all the accusations levelled by the opposition, particularly the BJP, calling them as "blatantly baseless and completely unfounded".

"It is absolutely essential that we confront our political opponents aggressively," she said, adding that the Congress-led UPA government has accomplished a "great deal" in the last six and a half years and "we have every reason to be proud of our record".

"This is a record that stands out distinctively when compared to what the NDA did during its time. Nothing can detract from our solid accomplishments. It is our duty to propagate them among the people", the Congress president said in the presence of the Prime Minister.

She asked the party activists to launch nationwide 'Jan Jagran Abhiyan' to "expose the BJP for its double-speak on the issue of corruption. There should be at least one public meeting in every assembly constituency".

Observing that several central flagship programmes had been co-opted by non-Congress governments ruling in different states under different names, Gandhi said these state governments were "taking credit from our programmes", which had been promised in "our manifesto".

Directing party workers to expose this, she asked PCC chiefs to appoint monitoring committees to get systematic feedback on their implementation and submit assessment report every quarter to the AICC.

Read more: UPA's record better than NDA's: Sonia Gandhi - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-Gandhi/articleshow/7133760.cms#ixzz18ecuU1Lt

3. Oracle

Oracle New Member

UPA's record better than NDA's: Sonia Gandhi
    **** measuring contest is not entirely a tool of the Pakistanis and Chinese. We do it too. That too on National Television and in front of a billion plus people. What a breed of politicians we have? Shame on us!

4. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

right ma'am, with a record 1.75 crore being siphoned off, congress certainly has a better record!

5. bhogta

bhogta Regular Member

I am very sad, when i see this government people open there mouth.

6. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

Antonia Maino has a point, she and her anti-national allies have atleast swindled 300000 Crores in open in last 1 yr (deals which have gone unnoticed are not known and her swiss bank accounts status is still not known) which is any day better than NDA....Inflation, unemployment, price-rise, farmer's suicide, corruption, hunger, open loot, Spread of maoism/leftist war mongering due to Congress alliance in Bengal, Islamic Terror openly being welcomed and praised by Digvijay and not so intelligent Raul Vinci et all are not to be considered by the Lobbyist media and Corrupt Congressi boot-licking "yes madams", Yeah Right Empress....not even people of Bihar believes you, have some shame. Can't be sure about South of India, however, this time around North will kick your lower back with pleasure !!

P.S: That would be the day when we get our money back from Swiss Bank Accounts, Cayman Islands and Hong Kong etc, and punish these looting Dynasties and their Lobbyist and Sycophants!!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  7. Indianrabbit

Indianrabbit Regular Member

I agree with her, NDA could not even think of the kind of corruption levels that these guys have surpassed already. Keep it up Sonia madam, I admire your boldness, even after doing all sins possible you have the courage to say this, nice.

8. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Asserting that Congress will take corruption head on, Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Monday hailed as inspiring Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s assurance that he will take forward her five-point action plan to battle the menace. "We will take corruption head on and demonstrate it through our actions and not through words alone. I had made specific suggestions in this regard (in the speech yesterday) and the Prime Minister, in his inspiring address this morning, assured us that he will take them forward,” she said in her remarks winding up the two-day Congress Plenary here.

Gandhi said it was the duty of Congress workers to counter all the accusations levelled by the opposition, particularly the BJP, calling them as "blatantly baseless and completely unfounded".

"It is absolutely essential that we confront our political opponents aggressively," she said, adding that the Congress-led UPA government has accomplished a "great deal" in the last six and a half years and "we have every reason to be proud of our record".

"This is a record that stands out distinctively when compared to what the NDA did during its time. Nothing can detract from our solid accomplishments. It is our duty to propagate them among the people", the Congress President said in the presence of the Prime Minister.

She asked the party activists to launch nationwide ‘Jan Jagran Abhiyan’ to "expose the BJP for its double-speak on the issue of corruption. There should be at least one public meeting in every assembly constituency".

Observing that several central flagship programmes had been co-opted by non-Congress governments ruling in different states under different names, Gandhi said these state governments were "taking credit from our programmes", which had been promised in "our manifesto".

Directing party workers to expose this, she asked PCC chiefs to appoint monitoring committees to get systematic feedback on their implementation and submit assessment report every quarter to the AICC.

9. Vyom

Vyom Seeker Elite Member

Um...can we have our money back now?

10. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

WHAT money ? There is no corruption in UPA government. Its all dirty politics to implicate UPS leaders.

11. Vyom

Vyom Seeker Elite Member

Well, that is an eye opener. But we will see if and when the NDA comes to power. :)

12. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

There will be corruption for sure but I am sure there will not be any 2G scam worth 40 Billion dollars.

13. Oracle

Oracle New Member

For me who's more concerned about the tax I pay, and the tax amount that corrupt politicians gulp, I hate both the Congress and the BJP. Sab BC ek thali ke chatte batte hain. We need Army Rule for at least 10 years.

14. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

gloves are off for a simple reason because bjp which was down and out all this time has made a resurgent come back. has anyone noticed there is not a single mention of left which had also cornered the upa in the parliament? reasons are simple to sight, left is quite literally on its way out and then there is mamta who is as unpredictable as one can get so no bashing the left.

the guns are up against the bjp because:

no matter what the congress tries, they are not able to do a thing about bjp in gujarat, on the contrary bjp comes trumps each time.
    they have endlessly tried getting the karnataka government knocked off but remain unsuccessful, they have tried it back doors through the jd-s and officially through the governor but all the times unsuccessful
    bihar
    completely cornered by the opposition in the parliament, an opposition led by the bjp where bjp quite literally took away the credit on exposing corruption being done by the upa and in all this from the looks of it the bjp seems to be making a resurgent come back

congress is on the back foot and is trying to make it self felt, but to what extent and to what effect, well lets wait and watch!

15. Vyom

Vyom Seeker Elite Member

For now, we have to choose the lesser of the two evils. But soon, some congregation of honest gentlemen (I am counting myself :p) will have to rise and fight the system from within, lest we wish a proper future for this nation.

16. Oracle

Oracle New Member

/\/\/\ I will pray for you. The place I'm from, I don't even have the right to contest elections, even though I'm a minority. India Shining!!!

17. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

How enlightening! Perhaps that Italian ******* can now tell us her Swiss bank account number as well as her accomplices so that we can have our $ 3 trillion national income back? Bloody mongrel and her brood.

18. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

Hmmm. Lets see. UPA has no astrolger, as Sharad Pawar said: How can I say when sugar prices will fall? Am I an astrologer? Only UPA boasts of such ministers. Then BJP has no answer to A. Raja, who filched how many crores he filched, only he or God or Maino know.

Then we know how glorius defeats UPA, read Maino, have had in Gujarat, Karnataka, UP, Bihar, MP etc. BJP was reduced 4 in Lok Sabha, but bounced back. In Bihar Maino has been reduced to 4, with no signs of bouncing back.

19. Vyom

Vyom Seeker Elite Member

That is not good, how is that?

20. Tomcat

Tomcat Regular Member

THE CONGRESS shall fall as the nanda dynasty fell by it greed madam sonia is just disallutioned

21. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

Hahaha. That's as laughable a statement as "North Korea is better than South Korea" coming from the north.