UPA wins FDI vote

Iamanidiot

FDI in retail is one hell of a farce.We do not have proper roads,electricity or storage facilities @nrj The desk baniya is a smart chap he is seeing to it that International MNCs will become bakra

Last edited by a moderator:

Iamanidiot

@blank_quest what is the local marwari/baniya/agarwal/oswal Saab thinking of this move?Any idea?.

blank_quest

Country flag
@blank_quest - I read that to open one cold storage facility one needs 27 permits and 2 more to transport farm produce across states. Is that right ?
Exactly I don't remember the number of permits.

I had a manager who just kept swinging from one govt dept to another to renew licenses and deposit fees.

Electricity dept was a heck burden. If govt can't provide electricity for 24 hrs (min 12-15 hrs of electricity is consumed every day) what will Cold storage achieve by
wasting money petro-diesel on generator.

Govt is doing very bad job when it comes to infrastructure.. Any industry needs resources and Electricity.

Even retail needs electricity. I just don't know how many times I had to think before closing a running Cold-Storage because govt. babus were all pathetic. Give them sops and sweets every time, They are pathetic load of shits. Even for closing the storage I had to take NOC from Fire/Environment/Electricity/ etc etc. :(

blank_quest

Country flag
@blank_quest what is the local marwari/baniya/agarwal/oswal Saab thinking of this move?Any idea?.
They will demand for price hike for maintaining profits across the board or demand resource cost to be reduced to be in the competition. They will do it in a much organized way. I think govt is looking for GDP and not for "equity". India has yet no well defined entry/clearance/exist policy.It will fuel more of inflation if repo rate is not brought down further.That is what I think so. lots of fuzz and confusion for now :confused:

Iamanidiot

A hypermart closed in my city because of electricity shortage.Unless we develop our power sector and transportation sector in particular.FDI in retail will not click

Iamanidiot

Another aspect you cannot build mega marts in India due to high real estate costs.Ditto with tier-2 metros.This bill is something of a bail out for desi corporates I think

blank_quest

Country flag
Another aspect you cannot build mega marts in India due to high real estate costs.Ditto with tier-2 metros.This bill is something of a bail out for desi corporates I think
If India had the infra capacity I would have never personally disliked FDI in retail. Govt is unable to provide basic needs like infra for Indian Players. Actually its "unfair play" as there is no "level-playing" field for competition b/w Aam Aadmi viz-a-viz Foreign Companies. MNC have capital resource to overcome the "infra-crunch" that aadm admi lacks.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
If India had the infra capacity I would have never personally disliked FDI in retail. Govt is unable to provide basic needs like infra for Indian Players. Actually its "unfair play" as there is no "level-playing" field for competition b/w Aam Aadmi viz-a-viz Foreign Companies. MNC have capital resource to overcome the "infra-crunch" that aadm admi lacks.
But how are MNCs going to overcome the infra crunch? I think Indian infrastructure will screw everyone equally with malice towards one and all :lol:

blank_quest

Country flag
Can MNCs overcome electricity and roads?
They don't have "monetary/resource-crunch" and "infra-crunch" both at the same time like aam aadmi. MNC can offset their "infra-crunch" with "monetary/resource capacity".That is not the case with aam-admi. This is why aam admi looks at govt to provide Infra-benefits to offset its "monetary crunch".

parijataka

Country flag
Govt saying MNCs will build infrastructure like cold storage seems to be red herring. With RTE they passed the burden of educating poor kids to privates schools, not thinking of getting govt schools to perform. Similarly here they seem to be trying to pass buck to private players, foreign ones at that.

blank_quest

Country flag
@Bangalorean Its the very same reason why I don't expect very great response to the FDI. But Who-so-ever will come in India through FDI will have bulky balance-sheets and apt financial assets to reap the benefits in long run. Just read what has Monsanto done in cotton-seed industry in India.

Iamanidiot

The question is who is going to provide electricity to the cold storage?.Gujarat is the only state where FDI may succeed.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
FDI in retail is one hell of a farce.We do not have proper roads,electricity or storage facilities @nrj The desk baniya is a smart chap he is seeing to it that International MNCs will become bakra
You do not have proper infrastructure because of land acquisition policy in dumps. Moreover you do not have required investment in those sectors. Required figure I must quote is excessive of 600+ billion USDs & increasing. Bring that investment and you will have infra. Any guess where it is going to come from? Answer is foreign investors. Govt cant spend or borrow that level of money, at least in this environment. Good luck raising it from public.

If Retail FDI is supposed to fail or beaten down by desi baniyas then we will wake up to that day. But we got to open economy & unleash competition in market. That is called liberalisation and there is no going back. That baniya you are talking about is maybe smart but sure is shytless scared of competition and thereby being questioned on value delivered to consumers.

Sent via Tapatalk from a galaxy far far away

SPIEZ

Country flag
Gujarat and Punjab.

It will be a major success in metro's like Delhi, Mumbai and Banglore

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
This FDI thing will surely eat up the profit of the Middle Men (only in Metros and other big and relevant cities). I dont see any change for those poor farmers, but there's hope that things might improve for them.

But i have seen (like 3-4 years ago) opening up of like 4-5 super markets (sort off) of different brands (More, Reliance Fresh and others) and now there's only Reliance Fresh operating and others have packed their bag and long gone :taunt:

SPIEZ

Country flag
I don't think FDI will be really effective.

The middle men need to go out and FAST.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles