UPA losing Industry support? Murthy, Premji, Mukesh attack, Cong hits back

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Galaxy, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

UPA losing IT support? Murthy, Premji attack, Cong hits back

New Delhi : Congress spokesperson, Manish Tiwari reacted strongly against the comment of Wipro chief, Azim Premji on Tuesday,Nov 1. Dismissing Premji's criticism on the UPA government, Tiwari claimed that there was no truth in Premji's statement.

Accusing Premji's comment of lacking concrete base, Tiwari chided that Premji should have mentioned specific area of his concern. The Congress spokesperson was fumed as the Wipro chief has been quoted as saying, "I think the biggest concerns are governance issues..."

Mentioning about the latest scams, irregularities in the government, Premji also said, "complete absence of decision-making among leaders in Government."

Citing the criticism from the chief of the third largest software company in India, Tiwari claimed, "There is absolutely no absence of decision making in the government. Government has been taking decision in national interest whether it is in international arena or it is domestic affairs, whether it concern the economic policy of the country or it concern social program."

Here it can be recalled that the UPA government and the Congress also faced stern criticism from another eminent face in the Indian IT industries - former Infosys chief, Narayana Murthy.

Azim Premji | Narayana Murthy | Criticise | UPA Government | Congress | Manish Tiwari | Indian IT Companies

3. Galaxy

Mukesh Ambani slams government on slow decision making

Mukesh Ambani slams government on slow decision making

New Delhi, Nov 13: Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani on Sunday (today) said that government should take their decision quickly and both the central and state governments need to align and move faster.

"We need to bring 21st century governance. Just because we live in a democracy doesn't mean we should feel paralyzed, we need some common minimum programme to give people what they need. There is a speed mismatch between government and private sector to achieve goals. Indian government needs to work at a faster pace," said Mr Ambani.

Mr Ambani was a part of the panel interacting with global leaders in the plenary session at the India Economic Summit in Mumbai. Mr Ambani's comments add to the increasing perception that indecisiveness on the government's part is hurting India's economic growth.

However, Maharashtra's Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, who was among the panelists, said, "The big challenge for the political system in India is managing the diversity. Quick decisions leave people behind and that is a challenge."

Eralier, Ajim Premji, chief of the third largest software company in India had said that "complete absence of decision-making among leaders in Government."

Infosys founder Narayana Murthy earlier stating about his disappointment with the ruling government had also claimed, "I personally feel that a coalition led by the somebody extraordinary like Mrs Sonia Gandhi and someone like Dr Manmohan Singh and Mr Pranab Mukherjee, who is a fantastic minister...they could have done a much better job in dealing with the demands of the civil society."

Reliance Industries | Mukesh Ambani | Government | Congress | Central Government | State Government | Prithviraj Chavan

4. SpArK

SpArK SORCERER Senior Member

Its more than enough..waiting for the elections to come fast.

5. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Now even industrialists are after these fake losers called UPA. :lol:

Oh boi.... Madam G has had it in 2014. :p

Anything that happens bad to this useless CONgress, gives me a good night's sleep.

Galaxy likes this.
  6. Galaxy

Corruption @ All time High.
    Inflation @ All time High.
    Cowardness @ All time high.

Total failure, Nothing major happened in last 8 years .

I never waited for election so desperately. I really feel frustrated with this sick UPA Government. This time, BJP+ should win and I hope none other than Modi becomes P.M. I will surely support with all my capability. :thumb:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  7. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

As long as these companies do not lobby the government to devalue the Indian Rupee so that their prices remain competitive worldwide, I am with them.

I totally second these words of wisdom:

8. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

I am sure by now congress bureau of investigation would have started to dig graves of those businessmen. Dossier diplomacy would begin very soon.

9. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

Let us see how fast and types of changes UPA will make to meet the demands of restless industrial leaders. If they sit on A$$es and do not deliver result. In a way the business community has joined the Anna Hazare movement to streamline the decision making process by BABUJIs. I hope they keep the pressure and bring about real lasting changes that will help India to gain the lost ground in the manufacturing sector.

10. Vyom

Vyom Seeker Elite Member

Even with all the reasons the UPA has given the voters to kick them out, the NDA would still find it extremely difficult to come to power, and if they do, some "secular" parties will have to adjust their settings to be a part of the not so secular NDA. Because the BJP has almost no presence in AP, TN and Kerela and in UP too they can only contend for the third position. Not to mention north-eastern states as well.

11. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

Though one might feel the pinch of these slow reforms, but we should also come to a consensus the reforms should come slowly and gradually. It should include a larger section of the masses at every step. We should also understand that if we need to sustain our growth for the next three decades the reforms should come slowly and one at a time. A lot of money being pumped into our economy will lead to further inflationary pressure, that the sam aadmi cannot bear. Yes we will see a lot more people driving Mercedes and BMW's but the common man on the street is still going to be poor. Lets get a larger section of the country to be able to compete with each other and than start the reforms again.

We do not need to haste into reforms. We do not need it that badly. Pakistan if much more liberalised than India, but no one wants to go there. They will come to India. If they cannot enter now, they are not gonna go away. They will be waiting patiently for their turn.

12. SPIEZ

SPIEZ Senior Member Senior Member

I would like to ask mr.Manish Tiwari what decision, apart from the decision of making RG the next PM, did the UPA take so far ?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a report card for our Parliament.