United States backtracks on order of Javelin missile sale to India

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
We need to give the yanks a base at India gate so that they can "sell" us some javelins.

Thats what the bootlickers would do :tsk:

noob101

We need to give the yanks a base at India gate so that they can "sell" us some javelins.

Thats what the bootlickers would do :tsk:
What is Unkil going to do with a base in India? it already has diego garcia

Folk hero

This should be a good lesson to people who think united states is some kind of a friend to India.

US is a habitual backstabber we really don't need their missiles, We can go to other vendors like Russia Israel France ect ect.

If really we want a missile like Javelin use some dirty tactics like, Industrial espionage, Bribery, Treats or kidnap some scientist.

Country flag
This should be a good lesson to people who think united states is some kind of a friend to India.

US is a habitual backstabber we really don't need their missiles, We can go to other vendors like Russia Israel France ect ect.

If really we want a missile like Javelin use some dirty tactics like, Industrial espionage, Bribery, Treats or kidnap some scientist.
Why is Indian Govt so stupid to never learn and repeat the same mistakes over again?
I am sure US will be getting more orders and big ones in the future too.

noob101

I still dont understand how cutting the order from 40000-60000 to 20000-30000 is going to change the balance.... some seem people are saying that Javlin is necessary for cold start, if so wont 20000 be enough......
Although what about the nag, When the hell is DRDO going to come out with the man portable version?

Country flag
I still dont understand how cutting the order from 40000-60000 to 20000-30000 is going to change the balance.... some seem people are saying that Javlin is necessary for cold start, if so wont 20000 be enough......
Although what about the nag, When the hell is DRDO going to come out with the man portable version?
NAG is a top attack missile it is seeks the most vulnerable part of the tank,when Javelin
does not. DRDO is also suppose to come out with HELINA a helicopter fired version.

noob101

Really, kidnap some scientist.... lol, what are you smoking?

Folk hero

Really, kidnap some scientist.... lol, what are you smoking?
What! What do you mean, We want their missile but they don't want to sell what should we do beg like pakis.

I don't smoke.

SPIEZ

Country flag
NAG is a top attack missile it is seeks the most vulnerable part of the tank,when Javelin
does not. DRDO is also suppose to come out with HELINA a helicopter fired version.
Nope. Javelin has both top attack and normal attack mode. I presume Nag also has both, the weight of Nag is a liability.

Country flag
Nope. Javelin has both top attack and normal attack mode. I presume Nag also has both, the weight of Nag is a liability.
look at the range difference between two and you will see the advantage NAG has.

SPIEZ

Country flag
look at the range difference between two and you will see the advantage NAG has.
Nag is a 43kg missile with a range of 4km max, while Javelin is a 11 kg missile with a range of 2km.
Anywaqys when we can use a cluster bomb to neutralise a squadron why bother with such low end weapons ?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
If you trust others they are only going to screw us, i had chat with nag developer, he said we can make man portable nag but IA never issued anu.gsqr for the same, without it we cant make missile.

Country flag
Nag is a 43kg missile with a range of 4km max, while Javelin is a 11 kg missile with a range of 2km.
Anywaqys when we can use a cluster bomb to neutralise a squadron why bother with such low end weapons ?
You are not always going to have air cover ready to drop cluster bombs.
RPG's and ATGM's are always there.

SPIEZ

Country flag
If you trust others they are only going to screw us, i had chat with nag developer, he said we can make man portable nag but IA never issued anu.gsqr for the same, without it we cant make missile.
Army always seems to ditch products that come out DRDO.
AFAIK, we were producing the Milan missiles in India, why can't we come up with a replacement for the same ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles