UNHRC resolution on SL: Why India should finally stand up

KS

Bye bye DFI
If the Tamils living in SL are India's subjects it proves that Tamils have no historical base in SL. Hence all the Eelam is Tamils historical homeland theories go down the drain.
Our people meaning Tamils. I was referring to 'our' from an ethnic pov of a Tamil and not as an Indian.

The Tamils are as native to Lanka as the Sinhalese.

KS

Bye bye DFI
@KS, India didn't go the whole hog in SL. That is why we are neither here nor there.
Whose fault is that ?

I want the GoI to come out in the open and say with whom they stand. It needs to be made clear.

Lying to us about doing this, doing that and then again doing nothing in reality does not sit well.

Either GoI should tell us Tamils to STFU and dont take this issue again, that we should not have any concerns about the plight of Tamils in Lanka or it should actively work to bring justice to them. Just clarify the stand.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Whose fault is that ?

I want the GoI to come out in the open and say with whom they stand. It needs to be made clear.

Lying to us about doing this, doing that and then again doing nothing in reality does not sit well.

Either GoI should tell us Tamils to STFU and dont take this issue again, that we should not have any concerns about the plight of Tamils in Lanka or it should actively work to bring justice to them. Just clarify the stand.
India is in no position to do anything now.

Kito

I don't think SL Tamils "came" there. They were always there. Yes Indian Tamils came in over the last 100-150 years.

I visited the areas around Moore street. There were other areas too surrounding that street. That is the hub of industrial items. Don't remember the names of the other big road which had this McDonalds at one end. It has people keepin roofing sheets and one big guy was there who kept tools and everything. Big big place. You don't find such big offices in India for industrial items. It's mostly because of space constraints.
Both Tamil groups came Southern India though first group who we consider Sri Lankan Tamils today have much bending with locals.These two groups have differences, "Indian Tamil" SL citizens mostly skinny and darker skin tone variations than average SL Tamil, sometimes they face difficulties among SL Tamil communities.

SL Moors are good in business activities.

Kito

Our people meaning Tamils. I was referring to 'our' from an ethnic pov of a Tamil and not as an Indian.

The Tamils are as native to Lanka as the Sinhalese.
Tamils isn't native to Sri Lanka.
Sri Lankan native people we called "Hela".

KS

Bye bye DFI
Tamils isn't native to Sri Lanka.
Sri Lankan native people we called "Hela".
Neither are the Sinhalese.

The native people are the Veddhas who are treated as outcasts by the Sinhalese.

Kito

Kito

lol Learn something first then,
Sinhalese are the native people in SL and Sinhala is the native language of Sri Lanka.

Sinhalese means Siv + Hela , Siv means 4, it mentions native four Hela groups.
Of course yes, Veddhas are native too becoz they belong to hela group.

KS

Bye bye DFI
lol Learn something first then,
Sinhalese are the native people in SL and Sinhala is the native language of Sri Lanka.

Sinhalese means Siv + Hela , Siv means 4, it mentions native four hela groups.
Of course yes, Veddhas are native too becoz they belong to hela group.
Looks pretty indigenous to me.

NOT !

Kito

Looks pretty indigenous to me.

NOT !
Are you searching 100% pure race? come on mate, people get mixed each other. I have seen totally opposite genetic mixture chart too.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Are you searching 100% pure race? come mate, people get mixed each other. I have seen totally opposite genetic mixture chart too.
No the point is Sinhalese too came from mainland India. Just because they came before the Tamils does not mean they are native to that land.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
India assisted in killing of SL tamils who is culturally and historically bound to TN tamils , now India expecting SL (buddists) to support them instead of china(buddists) damn. SL played/playing game well , anti-Indian talks is more prevalent among TN tamils now I don't know where its gng to ends.
Tamils are not only the people of Indian origin having problems across the borders.
Indians or people of Indian origin or affiliations exist all along the and every border of India.

There are Sindhies, Punjabies, Kashmiries, Punchies, Balties, Gujjars, Ladahkhies, Tibatans, Khampas, Mompas, Nagas, Mizos, manipuries, Tripuries, Bengalies, Gorkhalies and Tamils, Punjabies who inhibit on both sides of the borders.

Where all will India intervene ?

Kito

No the point is Sinhalese too came from mainland India. Just because they came before the Tamils does not mean they are native to that land.
oh yeah, I have heard every people originated from Africa. so nothing to worry about that much!

HeinzGud

Country flag

Veddas are the offshoot of the indigenous "Hela" people and so does Sinhalese. How ever the early Tamils who lived in the island was absorbed into Sinhala society and there is no trace about them in anywhere. However the Tamils who inhabits North and East are arrived more recently (no more than 500-600 years ago).

HeinzGud

Country flag
I read that those Veddas are of Australoid origin??
Yes indeed Veddas had the Australoid origin. But today you can't see any real Vedda because they were absorbed by Sinhala and Tamil societies. I believe the last true Vedda generation ended around 1940s. It was recorded in the books of Dr. R.L Spittle who was a great admirer of Veddas.

Neuro

Tihar Jail
Banned
Funny thing is even tamils in that forum don't know we are natives to SL. According to history the chola king conquered Kalinga(mordern day Orissa/WB ) country and married Kalinga princess to avoid problems in TN ,he made her to settle in SL. Later he given part of his kindom(SL) to her.Technically singalese are half tamil and half bengali even linguistics studies proving that bengali and singalam are close to each other.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles