UNHRC resolution on SL: Why India should finally stand up

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Our opposition is weak, they don't have unity inside their party and no sign of win in recent years. My area is ruled by opposition party for decades but it also changed in this year, ruling President's party UPFA won it.

I really doubt that. Sure, Chinese have major share so we have to respect that but our people are there too. I haven't seen anyone worrying too much about Chinese but what I saw recent years all the prices of lands around those projects gone high, people get new opportunities and facilities. Chinese work 2-3 years and then they go. after completing those projects example new airport, Hambantota port, expressways and everything bring opportunities to our citizens. So why we should worry for the disadvantage in the first few years? ;)
You know why China boomed and their people prospered? They built infrastructure and all heir people got involved. Similarly in India we build infra and local people get jobs and local suppliers get business. Infrastructure building is a continuous process.

The ones I met were all industrial and construction goods people.i sell construction fasteners. When I went there, Harley any quantity of requirement came out for me. When there is so much infrastructure build up, there has to be huge requirement for construction fasteners. I asked them and hey said the Chinese get everything right down to screwdrivers they use.

Infrastructure expense is supposed to add to the GDP. What benefit SL got?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Chinese come and go - these are golden words here.

But Indians - or of a specific group - will change your demography if they stay as witnessed.
Indians population wherever they go assimilate with the locals and are respected.

parijataka

Country flag
Chinese come and go - these are golden words here.

But Indians - or of a specific group - will change your demography if they stay as witnessed.
Hmm...Chinese migrated to SE Asian countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, etc in large numbers and Han Chinese have been settled in Tibet to outnumber the Tibetans by Chinese govt itself.

Kito

You know why China boomed and their people prospered? They built infrastructure and all heir people got involved. Similarly in India we build infra and local people get jobs and local suppliers get business. Infrastructure building is a continuous process.

The ones I met were all industrial and construction goods people.i sell construction fasteners. When I went there, Harley any quantity of requirement came out for me. When there is so much infrastructure build up, there has to be huge requirement for construction fasteners. I asked them and hey said the Chinese get everything right down to screwdrivers they use.

What made you think that Sri Lanka does not involve in their own road development projects? We have RDA for that and various other companies.

haha so Chinese have secured and have managed perfectly. I don't see any difference between buying from you (India) and buying from them (China). There isn't a downfall in our construction industry. Demand for construction industry is higher year by year coz our economy has started to get shape.

I don't understand why you worry about China too much, China is just one country who involved in some projects in here but not all projects given to China.

Novice

My point exactly . Not only they go with all their gears, they bring in their labor as well in the name of skill. Not one local has ever benefited from Chinese projects except for end product you paid for. This is not doing you any good. In a long run you end up being even bigger looser like what Pakistan is going to be. Indian Ministry of Defence is now adding an offset policy to all major deals. We learnt and evolved over time. Don't just keep throwing your money in the name of project cost and infrastructure development. It's your hard earned money so you should also be buying a loaf for you, end of the day. Now how you infer from these views and how rational is solely your choice.

Neuro

Tihar Jail
Banned
India assisted in killing of SL tamils who is culturally and historically bound to TN tamils , now India expecting SL (buddists) to support them instead of china(buddists) damn. SL played/playing game well , anti-Indian talks is more prevalent among TN tamils now I don't know where its gng to ends.

Kito

India assisted in killing of SL tamils who is culturally and historically bound to TN tamils , now India expecting SL (buddists) to support them instead of china(buddists) damn. SL played/playing game well , anti-Indian talks is more prevalent among TN tamils now I don't know where its gng to ends.
Sorry to say........A racist, 100% sure you're from a southern state of India. Spreading venom to SL Tamils and also spoiling the India - Sri Lanka relationship.
Oh man, put off your race away a bit. If TN Tamils go against India, Sri Lanka will be the first country who support India to destroy all TN terrorist groups. XD

HeinzGud

Country flag
yep, I know.
but India is decades behind China, it is funny some people compare India vs China thing. Actual competition is happening between US vs China.
HeinzGud, look at India's poverty and other social matters, reservations and untouchables etc. Their status is worst in the region, I recently watched a documentary about India which produced by British, really felt sad about situation in India.
But there is more good than bad to learn from India. But I do not mean therefore we should take India instead China but I believe India can offer us more opportunities than China, though right now China is our only hope and I believe our politicians could handle China safely and strategically.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I detest that. The lives of tens of thousands of our people being cannonfodder and some lies made to pacify us. Such lies only make people loose faith in the country and the Govt.
If the Tamils living in SL are India's subjects it proves that Tamils have no historical base in SL. Hence all the Eelam is Tamils historical homeland theories go down the drain.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I recently watched a documentary about India which produced by British, really felt sad about situation in India.
Hope it isn't the only British documentary you watched ;)

HeinzGud

Country flag
http://www.firstpost.com/world/rajapaksa-rules-out-greater-political-autonomy-for-lankan-tamils-613167.html

13th Amendment was a major promise to India and now Rajapakse is going back on it.
The issue of the 13th amendment has to be discussed thoroughly between our two nations. Because the 13th amendment has brought trouble than good from it's inception. Therefore we should move on to something we both nations could accept honorably.

That is why all the major commercial contracts, everything is going to china,
You should understand that SL first turned to India for major contracts like H'tota harbour and airport but India has turned them down. Only then has SL turned to China for assistance. So I think this blabbering should stop for good.

Indian automobiles are being made commercially unviable my upping the sales tax,
It's not only to Indian auto mobiles but to all the models from every nation. SL car market is really f**ked up.... (believe me our own Micro, also pricing their models according to the pricing of other products)

a somewhat pro-India judge is being unceremoniously sacked thus erasing the difference between executive and judiciary.
She wasn't pro India but pro federal. There is no room in SL for federalism.

I just want my country men/GoI to see the real picture and stop acting like headless chickens.
Come to SL and see the real picture unless commenting with biased picture in your mind.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I seriously doubt that the current president will go. He might amend the constitution or even suspend it at some point. He knows once out of power, he will be open to investigation that will find him guilty of human rights violation.
Yeah good point though Sinhalese citizen will not turn Mahinda Rajapaksa down in a election unless he screw things bad in internal politics. How ever MR is no fool not to fall to such low level.

Neuro

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sorry to say........A racist, 100% sure you're from a southern state of India. Spreading venom to SL Tamils and also spoiling the India - Sri Lanka relationship.
Oh man, put off your race away a bit. If TN Tamils go against India, Sri Lanka will be the first country who support India to destroy all TN terrorist groups. XD
I am from TN ,don't speak like stupid without knowing anything. SL killed tamils in their country and committed HR violations its not a racism? but supporting SL tamils stance is racism? cut your crap.

:taunt: SL struggled more than 20yrs to defeat LTTE tat with 7-8 countries help ,you gng to support India? We know how you supported Pakistan during Indo-Pak war. Have you know total population of TN and SL(excluding SL tamils and moors)? if we were separate country SL won't exist by this time. We will take revenge for sure.................

Novice

Both Buddhism and Tamil Hindus find their roots in India. Please observe restraint. Buddhists are no less brothers to us than Tamils. Calm down everyone.

Sangham Sharnam Gachami

:namaste:

HeinzGud

Country flag
Both Buddhism and Tamil Hindus find their roots in India. Please observe restraint. Buddhists are no less brothers to us than Tamils. Calm down everyone.

Sangham Sharnam Gachami

:namaste:
Tamils and Sinhalese are inseparable and the history is the sole witness to all this. It was those European goons who spread racism among us and made us kill each other.

no smoking

Country flag
What made you think that Sri Lanka does not involve in their own road development projects? We have RDA for that and various other companies.

haha so Chinese have secured and have managed perfectly. I don't see any difference between buying from you (India) and buying from them (China). There isn't a downfall in our construction industry. Demand for construction industry is higher year by year coz our economy has started to get shape.

I don't understand why you worry about China too much, China is just one country who involved in some projects in here but not all projects given to China.
One thing I learned from our indian friends in the forum is: they always think they can speak on behalf of others in other's domestic affairs.
They generally explained to me how Chinese think about what happend in China.

Kito

I am from TN ,don't speak like stupid without knowing anything. SL killed tamils in their country and committed HR violations its not a racism? but supporting SL tamils stance is racism? cut your crap.

:taunt: SL struggled more than 20yrs to defeat LTTE tat with 7-8 countries help ,you gng to support India? We know how you supported Pakistan during Indo-Pak war. Have you know total population of TN and SL(excluding SL tamils and moors)? if we were separate country SL won't exist by this time. We will take revenge for sure.................
Nothing to fear about population of TN, we really don't care those ones, They only have BIG mouths.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
During my visit to SL, all the traders I met there in Colombo were Tamils!! But they were no what you call SL Tamils. They were all ethnic Indian Tamils with roots in India and having relatives in India even today! These guys are doing fantastic business in their own right. Some were real big bulls in their field! They were doing business without fear and they are prosperous. I didn't see them crib about anything when I did talk of the political situation. All of them had Sinhalas working for them. All in harmony. There are many Bohris too out there in SL. With roots in India obviously. They speak Sinhala and Tamil.

SL is a perfect example of why not to run a terror campaign agsinst the state to meet political goals. It's a lesson for many across the globe including many sections in India. If the LTTE had not come around, I am sure the Lankan Tamils may have got a better deal for themselves through political dialog. Now they have got nothing. LTTE is gone and for supporting the LTTE, the SL will get nothing from the state. Victors are not obliged to. However they can be magnanimous. SL should start a political process to reconcile all past misunderstanding and misgivings for a peaceful coexistence and future in their country.

Kito

During my visit to SL, all the traders I met there in Colombo were Tamils!! But they were no what you call SL Tamils. They were all ethnic Indian Tamils with roots in India and having relatives in India even today! These guys are doing fantastic business in their own right. Some were real big bulls in their field! They were doing business without fear and they are prosperous. I didn't see them crib about anything when I did talk of the political situation. All of them had Sinhalas working for them. All in harmony. There are many Bohris too out there in SL. With roots in India obviously. They speak Sinhala and Tamil.

SL is a perfect example of why not to run a terror campaign agsinst the state to meet political goals. It's a lesson for many across the globe including many sections in India. If the LTTE had not come around, I am sure the Lankan Tamils may have got a better deal for themselves through political dialog. Now they have got nothing. LTTE is gone and for supporting the LTTE, the SL will get nothing from the state. Victors are not obliged to. However they can be magnanimous. SL should start a political process to reconcile all past misunderstanding and misgivings for a peaceful coexistence and future in their country.
This is what most of TN tamils do not know. Population is around 5% in the Northern province but Tamils live around the country than that so why they need special powers based on their ethnic? This is what we dislike, allowing special rights to small group in a country based on religion or ethnic isn't the peace.

A little adding to above your post,
Officially we have 2 Tamil groups, first group/Tamils who come here before the British era we consider them officially as "Sri Lankan Tamils". Second TN Tamil group who brought here by British in their period consider as officially "Indian Tamils".

Sri Lankan population 20.2 Million

Sinhalese - 75%
Sri Lankan Tamils - 11%
Sri Lankan Moors - 9%
Indian Tamils - 4%
Others - 1% (Malay, SL Chinese etc)

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
This is what most of TN tamils do not know. Population is around 5% in the Northern province but Tamils live around the country than that so why they need special powers based on their ethnic? This is what we dislike, allowing special rights to small group in a country based on religion or ethnic isn't the peace.

A little adding to above your post,
Officially we have 2 Tamil groups, first group/Tamils who come here before the British era we consider them officially as "Sri Lankan Tamils". Second TN Tamil group who brought here by British in their period consider as officially "Indian Tamils".

Sri Lankan population 20.2 Million

Sinhalese - 75%
Sri Lankan Tamils - 11%
Sri Lankan Moors - 9%
Indian Tamils - 4%
Others - 1% (Malay, SL Chinese etc)
I don't think SL Tamils "came" there. They were always there. Yes Indian Tamils came in over the last 100-150 years.

I visited the areas around Moore street. There were other areas too surrounding that street. That is the hub of industrial items. Don't remember the names of the other big road which had this McDonalds at one end. It has people keepin roofing sheets and one big guy was there who kept tools and everything. Big big place. You don't find such big offices in India for industrial items. It's mostly because of space constraints.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles