UN Vote on alleged war crimes by Sri Lankan Army and LTTE

UN vote on alleged war crimes by Sri Lankan Army and LTTE: What should India do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KS

Bye bye DFI
your understanding terrorists is shallow.
No..you understanding of us, a group of 70 million people, is shallow and shameful at the same time. Atleast try to correct that now.

so lankans fill Indian tamil fishermen and they are bastard scum but if LTTE does same thing they are saints ? talk about being blind
There have been no reports in the last 10 years that LTTE killed any of our fishermen...but last week there was news of 2 of our fishermen being killed and their trawler being damaged by the Lankan mercenaries.

And for the "n+1" th time this is not about Tigers..the anger in TN is about the tens of thousands of defenseless Tamils who were massacred by the Lankan Army in the name of fighting Tigers and the Indian govt being an accessory to that worst form of genocide.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Anyway I still think TN and SL can work out these things more easily if TN is more rational on this issue... however it was the Karthic who claimed Sinhalese are having Tamil genes... there fore these brothers of two nationalities could work it out without the assistance of the US/EU pact......

HeinzGud

Country flag
And for the "n+1" th time this is not about Tigers..the anger in TN is about the tens of thousands of defenseless Tamils who were massacred by the Lankan Army in the name of fighting Tigers and the Indian govt being an accessory to that worst form of genocide.
No sources still and I saw pink pony fly over the palk straight yesterday! (it was so pretty to watch BTW!)

KS

Bye bye DFI
Poor bugger.......... you don't have any sources.......... shame on you man!....
Have some shame and quit wallowing in denial.

I highly doubt that first part cuz SL Tamil won't have the necessary resources for such a measure. And the second option was also highly dangerous cuz it makes a conflict with India but Tamil could have made it clear if they had broke away from SL.... and then the third option remains... which would have been chosen as the proper cause of action......

However if Eelam would have given India might had a bigger headache of protecting her southern flank by US and EU agents' activities!

Nice try shit stirrer...

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
No..you understanding of us, a group of 70 million people, is shallow and shameful at the same time. Atleast try to correct that now.

There have been no reports in the last 10 years that LTTE killed any of our fishermen...but last week there was news of 2 of our fishermen being killed and their trawler being damaged by the Lankan mercenaries.

And for the "n+1" the time this is not about Tigers..the anger in TN is about the tens of thousands of defenseless Tamils who were massacred by the Lankan Army in the name of fighting Tigers.
ltte killed a dozen Indian fishermen in 2007

google is your friend.

dont be blind

Galaxy

Country flag
Exactly....My question too and the question of millions of others.

Frankly...the Indian part has been for how many years..? 64 ? The Tamil part has been there for 2000+ years. So other state people saying that we should not think about them is ridiculous.
Mate. I really don't know what to reply. I have many Tamil friends and i know how Tamils feels for SL Tamil.

IMO, What happened was wrong. Both Government (GoI and SL did mistakes long back). Now, It's irreversible.

Tamil sentiments + national interest both should be taken care. Very limited option today in difficult age of geo-politics. There should be some flexibility for the sake of National interest.

And as i said, SL should be part of India by any way.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Anyway I still think TN and SL can work out these things more easily if TN is more rational on this issue... however it was the Karthic who claimed Sinhalese are having Tamil genes... there fore these brothers of two nationalities could work it out without the assistance of the US/EU pact......
Rational in the sense..turning a blind eye to the atrocities committed by your power drunk soldiers on the hapless and defenseless Tamil civilians..?

How about you Sinhalese be rational and prosecute the war criminals, give provincial autonomy to the Tamils and stop the Sinhalization of the Tamil areas ?

KS

Bye bye DFI
ltte killed a dozen Indian fishermen in 2007

google is your friend.

dont be blind
For the "n+2" the time this is not about Tigers..the anger in TN is about the tens of thousands of defenseless Tamils who were massacred by the Lankan Army in the name of fighting Tigers....*facepalm*

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Letter sent to MMS couple of days ago by Subramanian Swamy

I urge the Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh not to agree to the draft proposed by the United States in the United Nations Human Rights Commission regarding alleged human rights excess during the anti-terrorist operations against the LTTE in 2009.

This Resolution although appears to be a tepid attempt to embarrass the Sri Lankan Government, but is severely lacking in any constructive positive content.

The Resolution is furthermore one-sided because there is no reference to the horrendous human rights violations including murder and rape carried out by the LTTE terrorists against the innocent Sinhala and Tamil population of Sri Lanka.

Although the LTTE has been defeated, nevertheless the American Government has permitted a demented person to set up on US soil an émigré illegal government of Eelam, who had the audacity to tell Indians that we cannot "hold Eelam Tamil hostage to the Rajiv Gandhi assassination". This is a great insult to the national sentiment of Indian patriots. Neither DMK nor ADMK have condemned this offensive statement.

I urge therefore the Government of India to move a substitute Resolution seeking concrete steps for devolution of power for the Tamil majority areas within a united Sri Lanka and to urge the Sri Lankan President Mr. Rajapakshe to complete the process of devolution by the end of this year. This decentralization of power was a commitment made by the Sri Lankan Government earlier to India during the conduct of the anti-terrorists operations in 2008-09.

I also urge the Prime Minister as a measure of creating Indo-Sri Lanka goodwill to decorate the President of Sri Lanka Mr. Rajapakse with Bharat Ratna award for his successful destruction of the LTTE infrastructure in Sri Lanka thereby enhancing India's national security.

HeinzGud

Country flag
How about you Sinhalese be rational and prosecute the war criminals, give provincial autonomy to the Tamils and stop the Sinhalization of the Tamil areas ?
apart from prosecution.............. others you have mentioned is already given....

for provincial autonomy Tamils in SL have the Provincial councils
and for the Sinhalization they have their thesawalamei law......... if you don't know this particular law pls Google it!

Galaxy

Country flag
I oppose this tooth and nail. I don't see any reason why SL and India should be one ?
Well, If SL would be part of India. Then any possibility of threat/proxy will end from Southern part. IOR would be fortress.

And I believe in concept of Expansionism. Indeed, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldive, POK/Aksai Chin should also be part of India provided that if we can.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Letter sent to MMS couple of days ago by Subramanian Swamy
Tell me more about Mr. Swami pls! Is he a recognized politician?

Does he has a reasonable vote base..?

how's he doing in southern politics?

KS

Bye bye DFI
apart from prosecution.............. others you have mentioned is already given....

for provincial autonomy Tamils in SL have the Provincial councils
and for the Sinhalization they have their thesawalamei law......... if you don't know this particular law pls Google it!

"Apart from prosecution"..says it all..Why any plans to give awards to those who killed above 50 civilans..?

And the two timer Rajapaksa has aready denied that he ever committed himself to the 13th Amendment..

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article2848385.ece

HeinzGud

Country flag
LankaWeb – Scrap the Thesawalamei Law that is Discriminative, Racist and Outdated

Thesawalamai Law Prevents Sinhalese from Acquiring Land in the North

The north has turned into a mono ethnic Tamil only enclave today. Running away from this fact is not going to help in reconciliation. In fact this is the first problem that must be rectified for reconciliation. The law of pre-emption contained in Thesawalamai Law prevents Sinhalese and Muslims from acquiring land in the north.

Since Thesawalamai applies to the inhabitants from Jaffna and since all Sinhala and Muslim inhabitants from Jaffna have been untraceably wiped out by the Vadukodai resolution and subsequently by the LTTE, the foolish claim that any Sinhalese or Muslim can buy land in Jaffna does not hold water. As long as the Thesawalamai law is there, Sinhalese or Muslims will never be able to integrate into the Tamil only mono ethnic Jaffna peninsular because of the simple fact that there are no Sinhalese or Muslim "inhabitants of Jaffna". Those who argue otherwise are cruel like the proverbial fox which offered a drink of soup to a crane on a flat plate!

In other words Tamil-only Thesawalamai law discriminates Sinhalese, Muslims and Tamils other than Jaffna Tamils even in Colombo. Thesawalamai law which is a personal law applies to a Jaffna inhabitant living in Colombo. This tragicomedy must be stopped by scrapping the Thesawalamai law.

Thesawalamai Mentality is the Root Cause of War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles