UN slams Sri Lanka for deporting Pakistani asylum seekers

Banda

Lets take this from scratch.... these people who came seeking asylum from pakiland were christians (from what the article says), there were 68 or so of them, these were people who were persecuted in pakiland.... can not SL accommodate 68 people?

I am itching to give you an answer on the tamil question, but i'll leave that for a later post.
Any one can ask a question but decision will be taken by SLn government.

SL has been giving refuge for 1000+ pakistani christians. It was only a recent few SL sent back for the main reason SL cannot let such a trend to continue.

The people living in those areas do not like sudden influx of foreigners. And it creates problem.

Ok give an answer when your itching is cured.

Banda

Give me the option that you are aware of which one should write for a person who claims genetic studies by scholars of repute as holum!If that is not illiteracy, then illiteracy takes a whole new meaning.
what genetic studies did you mention and where did i reject them?
May be you are having hallaucinations. I cant help that.

Is it like youre proving SLn buddhists are racists because christians in SL are objecting to pakistani christian refugees. You have a childish mentality while living in an old man's body.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If these Pakistan asylum seekers are a problem to SL. then iSL should be very firm with Pakistan and put their (SL) money where their mouth instead of taking the easy way out.

When East Pak refugees swarmed India in 1971, Pakistan was warned and Indira Gandhi toured the world to inform all of India's difficulties.

It is all so easy to deport. Spineless to see reality.

But then Sri Lanka seems to have no heart excepting keeping their country Buddhist all the way!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
what genetic studies did you mention and where did i reject them?
May be you are having hallaucinations. I cant help that.

Is it like youre proving SLn buddhists are racists because christians in SL are objecting to pakistani christian refugees. You have a childish mentality while living in an old man's body.
I agree that the English language is a stranger in SL.

Therefore you seem to have not understood the genetic excerpt I appended.

Agreed that you all are lazy, but check the thread on which you answered on the genetic excerpt and you will see the rays of dawn emerging out of your darkness.

I am surprised that you are also Blind.

Last edited:

Banda

I agree that the English language is a stranger in SL.

Therefore you seem to have not understood the genetic excerpt I appended.

I am surprised that you are also Blind.
Following is what you pasted!

Genetic studies on the Sinhalese is part of population genetics investigating the origins of the Sinhalese populations today.

Studies looking at the origin of the Sinhalese have been contradictory. Older studies suggest a predominantly Tamil origin followed by a significant Bengali contribution with no North Western Indian contribution. While modern studies point towards a predominantly Bengali contribution and a minor Tamil and North Western Indian contribution

Sources
Kirk, R. L. (1976). "The legend of Prince Vijaya — a study of Sinhalese origins". American Journal of Physical Anthropology 45: 91. doi:10.1002/ajpa.1330450112.
Papiha SS, Mastana SS, Purandare CA, Jayasekara R, Chakraborty R (October 1996). "Population genetic study of three VNTR loci (D2S44, D7S22, and D12S11) in five ethnically defined populations of the Indian subcontinent". Human Biology 68 (5): 819–35. PMID 8908803

This is what you pasted as 'science'. If you even bothered to read what you pasted it mentions how your paragraph contradicts with each other as it is admitted in the post. The post itself says infor is contradictory. What do you hope to convince others with this?
And even if it has any meaning how do genetic studies of Sinhalese has any relevance to arguments here? Do you think someone else's work (that too contradictory) would help you to put up an argument?
Next time read what you write (actually copy paste) otherwise it will make a sorry joke out of you.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Another quick one: diagrammatically.

Sure would be helpful since English is now an obscure language in SL,

Diagrams are OK for even those who have no access to language.

Here goes:

The migration routes of the ancestors of the Sinhalese and other ethnic groups into Sri Lanka.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Following is what you pasted!

Genetic studies on the Sinhalese is part of population genetics investigating the origins of the Sinhalese populations today.

Studies looking at the origin of the Sinhalese have been contradictory. Older studies suggest a predominantly Tamil origin followed by a significant Bengali contribution with no North Western Indian contribution. While modern studies point towards a predominantly Bengali contribution and a minor Tamil and North Western Indian contribution

Sources
Kirk, R. L. (1976). "The legend of Prince Vijaya — a study of Sinhalese origins". American Journal of Physical Anthropology 45: 91. doi:10.1002/ajpa.1330450112.
Papiha SS, Mastana SS, Purandare CA, Jayasekara R, Chakraborty R (October 1996). "Population genetic study of three VNTR loci (D2S44, D7S22, and D12S11) in five ethnically defined populations of the Indian subcontinent". Human Biology 68 (5): 819–35. PMID 8908803

This is what you pasted as 'science'. If you even bothered to read what you pasted it mentions how your paragraph contradicts with each other as it is admitted in the post. The post itself says infor is contradictory. What do you hope to convince others with this?
And even if it has any meaning how do genetic studies of Sinhalese has any relevance to arguments here? Do you think someone else's work (that too contradictory) would help you to put up an argument?
Next time read what you write (actually copy paste) otherwise it will make a sorry joke out of you.

Studies looking at the origin of the Sinhalese have been contradictory. Older studies suggest a predominantly Tamil origin followed by a significant Bengali contribution with no North Western Indian contribution.

While modern studies point towards a predominantly Bengali contribution and a minor Tamil and North Western Indian contribution

Read my good man!

Actually, you are the DFI Jester!

actually, you are a functional illiterate.

Last edited:

Banda

If these Pakistan asylum seekers are a problem to SL. then iSL should be very firm with Pakistan and put their (SL) money where their mouth instead of taking the easy way out.

When East Pak refugees swarmed India in 1971, Pakistan was warned and Indira Gandhi toured the world to inform all of India's difficulties.

It is all so easy to deport. Spineless to see reality.

But then Sri Lanka seems to have no heart excepting keeping their country Buddhist all the way!
Sl is not buddhist SL has a large non buddhist population. Some sinhalese are christian. Religion is not a main identity in SL except with few hardliners. Even in conflict religion plays a no role. It is the ethnicity that is important to pp. I can understand your inability to understand that given india is a country that gives too much on religious identity.

Banda

Studies looking at the origin of the Sinhalese have been contradictory. Older studies suggest a predominantly Tamil origin followed by a significant Bengali contribution with no North Western Indian contribution.

While modern studies point towards a predominantly Bengali contribution and a minor Tamil and North Western Indian contribution[/SIZE]

Read my good man!

Actually, you are the DFI Jester!
yeah read it again old man, that is what we call a contradicting...as the post itself says..............and still how does this help you in any argument?

:)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
yeah read it again old man, that is what we call a contradicting...as the post itself says..............and still how does this help you in any argument?

:)
You call me old while your literate mind is prehistoric. It is better to be old and youthful in mind than being a washed out case with brain cell dead in the twenties.

You grasp of the English language is pathetic where you cannot distinguish the difference of Older studies with modern studies.

Which is valid contemporaneously? Old or modern, dumb man?

Is today, the island that you inhabit, Sri Lanka or Ceylon or Lanka?

I am sure, given your logic it would be Lanka burnt by Hanunan's tail, right?

Contradiction is not what YOU Sri Lankans are saying.

It is scholars beyond the illiteracy of Sri Lanka.

They, having delved further, are now of the opinion that modern studies point towards apredominantly Bengali contribution and a minor Tamil and North Western Indian contribution.

But then the English language is not near bred to you, but Singalese or whatever your language is called, which is hardly world class or academically renowned.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sl is not buddhist SL has a large non buddhist population. Some sinhalese are christian. Religion is not a main identity in SL except with few hardliners. Even in conflict religion plays a no role. It is the ethnicity that is important to pp. I can understand your inability to understand that given india is a country that gives too much on religious identity.
Sl is Buddhist since Buddhist and the monks call the tune.

If you wish to delude and be blind, so be it.

Buddhist religion and parochialism is paramount.

Was SWRD Bandaranaikye a Buddhist?

He was a Christian.

He had to convert to be the Boss of Sri Lanka!

So. don't purvey falsehood as truth.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Solomon West Ridgeway Dias Bandaranaike was born in Colombo, Ceylon, to an elite Sinhalese Anglican Christian family and was the son of the powerful Sir Solomon Dias Bandaranike the Maha Mudaliyar (the chief native interpreter and advisor to the Governor) of Horagolla Walauwa in Atthanagalla, during British colonial rule, who named his son after West Ridgeway, the Governor of Ceylon at the time and was his god father. In later life he converted to Buddhism in order to join politics.

@Banda

Tell you falsehoods elsewhere.

We are not as functionally illiterate as you.

Banda bande ban ja!

PS In India you don't have to change your religion to be the President, PM, Chief Justice, Defence Forces Chiefs or whatever. You just have to be an Indian and that is all!

Got that. Charlie?

Last edited by a moderator:

HeinzGud

Country flag
Thats coming from a guy whose signature is this "ONE WORLD! ONE LOVE! ONE COMMUNITY!"
Yes. What is wrong with my signature. I have no hatred towards Tamils. I just merely pointing out the fallacy of Tamilnadu politics.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Banda bande ban ja!

PS In India you don't have to change your religion to be the President, PM, Chief Justice, Defence Forces Chiefs or whatever. You just have to be an Indian and that is all!

Got that. Charlie?
In Sri Lanka also no one needs to convert to Buddhism to become President, PM, Chief Justice, Defence Forces Chiefs or whatever. You have no clue whatsoever on the subject.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In Sri Lanka also no one needs to convert to Buddhism to become President, PM, Chief Justice, Defence Forces Chiefs or whatever. You have no clue whatsoever on the subject.
Fine.

Then Bandarnaikye was an idiot? Is that is what you want to say?

Can anyone forsake his religion for the fun of it?

Who are you fooling?

Do tell us when you are changing your religion for just that lark of it!

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
Fine.

Then Bandarnaikye was an idiot? Is that is what you want to say?

Can anyone forsake his religion for the fun of it?

Who are you fooling?
Bandaranayake converted on his own accord. No one forced him to convert. I do not think that you will have any problem if Bandaranayake converted to some other religion. Besides before becoming Catholics his family was Buddhists. So what the fuss.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Bandaranayake converted on his own accord. No one forced him to convert. I do not think that you will have any problem if Bandaranayake converted to some other religion. Besides before becoming Catholics his family was Buddhists. So what the fuss.
Oh sure.

He converted because Christianity was hokum, right?

Most Muslims in Pakistan are of Hindu origin. So, there should be no fuss to become Hindus, right?

HeinzGud

Country flag
Oh sure.

He converted because Christianity was hokum, right?

Most Muslims in Pakistan are of Hindu origin. So, there should be no fuss to become Hindus, right?
I do not know it is hokum or not. But Banda converted on his own accord.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Racist scum.
Racist.

Barring any other ethnicity from owning land in Jaffna is racism.
Barring building temples in Tamil areas in racism. (Though the temples are intended to be used by Sinhalese living in those areas)
Barring any other ethnicity to live in Tamil areas is racism,

But still you cling on to some petty issues which the Tamils who live in Sinhalese areas do not even care about.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles