UN rights panel passes resolution against Islamophobia

Discussion in 'International Politics' started by ajtr, Mar 28, 2010.

1. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

Oct 2, 2009
    UN rights panel passes resolution against Islamophobia

3. Calanen

Calanen Regular Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Yeah Islam knows all about 'freedom of religion'. Try 'freely' practising your religion in Saudi Arabia.

The move towards all of this 'defamation of religion' and 'Islamophobia' legislation is to prevent all scrutiny and criticism of Islam, so that Islam can silence its Western critics by turning their own system against them.
  4. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Mar 24, 2009
    Your view of islam is restricted to what the extremists do. Too sad, you need to wake up from your ignorance.
    Solid Beast likes this.
  5. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

Apr 1, 2009
    I tend to agree with you. The UN would look more credible if it passes a similar resolution against the Govt of self declared Islamic countries which practise bigotry by providing no rights to followers of other religions. Otherwise, this seems like ploy employed to suppress any scrutiny.
  6. mehwish92

mehwish92 Founding Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Agree with Yusuf. Most Muslims are peace-loving human beings. We should have full rights to our religion, as should you.

On the other hand, I agree with Johnee as well.
  7. Solid Beast

Solid Beast New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Regimes who are using Islam as justification to carry out games of state for personal gain should not be criticized on the basis of theology and insensitive generalizations which amount to something akin to anti-semitism...they should be criticized on specific points, their actions and not religious beliefs that are somehow correlated with everything they do. If Saudi Arabia beheads people for proselytizing other faiths then that comes under a human rights issue which is also very much so covered under Islamic law which they are not following.

PS - The Taliban and various extremist groups around the world heavy with Muslims in their ranks who have spoiled the taste in all our mouths are completely antithetical to what Islam is really about. Also a few barbarians of the past who slew others for fun should not be looked at as examples of Islam either. Just need to look at your Muslim colleague at work, or the multitude of Muslims here to get a good grasp of our faith. I am just about as athiest as they come but even I recognize the positives of the religion I was raised up with, and I can also clearly see how Islam is being misused as a vehicle for cheap personal gain (noteworthy example : IRoP)

What this UN resolution protects people from is the abrasive and bigoted treatment Muslims have been receiving from bumpkins and hicks in America in their workplace and society, or the fascists in Europe who outlaw Turbans and Hijaabs or the building of houses of worship simply because they dislike a segment of their population.

Is this concept too hard to grasp? Maybe for a bunch of hicks in Mississippi, the same who murdered Sikhs because they looked like Muslims after 9/11, or the ones who think anyone of darker skin complexion is a "rag head", would you want your boss to say this to you? Or patrons to your business? Let's all think clearly for a second, Islam is not the enemy of India nor Indians, nor is Islam an enemy to civilization. Just read some history, all religions are great works of art and their core message should be enshrined and protected from the same people who were trodding on our backs in the subcontinent and pillaging our treasures not too long ago.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010