UK ends 'no-contact' policy with Narendra Modi

panduranghari

I am glad that Narandra Modi did not apologise for anything. What are apologies anyway? Meaningless in reality. Muslims and congress supporters wont vote for him anyway.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
There's no dharmic or adharmic here. Atleast not for the UK policy makers.
They're just being realist. Everyone salutes the Rising Sun ;)
By the way, I hear the meaning of UK might change by 2014.

arkem8

Country flag
^^ That's a very anti-dharmic thing to do. No ?
Flawed Logic, non-secular folks are adharmic to begin with no??......Atleast from the high moral standards of self proclaimed liberals.

And yeah! like an apology was going to change anything.....Modi is not upper caste, upper class, english speaking or leftist, he was going to be dammed from the very beginning by the keepers of the Indian concience;)

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
There's no dharmic or adharmic here. Atleast not for the UK policy makers.
They're just being realist. Everyone salutes the Rising Sun ;)
By the way, I hear the meaning of UK might change by 2014.
Pandu is a proud Hindutvadi and Pandu, believes Modi did the the right thing by not apologizing. Hindutva is based on dharma.

However, what Pandu says makes sense to some when it comes to statecraft but is it dharmic ?

panduranghari

Singh you know very well where you stand. So why do you not go your way. I shall go mine. No need for any hard feelings.

Again- muslims and congress supporters wont vote for Modi. Why put up a face for vote bank politics.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Singh you know very well where you stand. So why do you not go your way. I shall go mine. No need for any hard feelings.
You have me figured out better than myself.

I don't have a rigid stand on most topics, my posts bear testament to that. I would like to believe I am a contrarian.

I have no hard feelings, I have gotten immune to abuses.(as compared to when we started out)

Again- muslims and congress supporters wont vote for Modi. Why put up a face for vote bank politics.
My question is simple, Modi's refusal apologize is dharmic or not ?

What he is doing is smart politics, though.
Modi has done tremendous developmental work, and if he stands in elections, he'll win votes across the spectrum. Many muslims are of the opinion that if Modi they'll be better off too. A fact counter-intuitive to non-muslims, both Modi detractors and supporters.

devgupt

Country flag
Sir, if Modi apologizes, he will lose his hard core votes.And that's why he won't.

panduranghari

My question is simple, Modi's refusal apologize is dharmic or not ?

What he is doing is smart politics, though.
Modi has done tremendous developmental work, and if he stands in elections, he'll win votes across the spectrum. Many muslims are of the opinion that if Modi they'll be better off too. A fact counter-intuitive to non-muslims, both Modi detractors and supporters.
One sage once was performing tapas having taken such a vow when a king hunting a wild animal crossed that spot where the sage was seated. Beyond that place, the king had no clue where the animal had gone, so he asked the sage who had wide open eyes if he had seen him and which direction he had gone. The sage, who had taken the vow to speak the truth told him, "That which speaks did not see, that which saw cannot speak" - meaning, "the eyes which can only see cannot speak, the mouth which can only speak cannot see". The king did not understand what the sage said and asked him again and again and to this the sage replied the same. Finally the king decided that the sage did not see the animal and left the place. The sage had effectively saved the animal while speaking truth all the time.

Sometimes saving others might need lies be told and in this case, the lie might be the truth.

You have me figured out better than myself.

I don't have a rigid stand on most topics, my posts bear testament to that. I would like to believe I am a contrarian.

I have no hard feelings, I have gotten immune to abuses.(as compared to when we started out)
Yeah whatever. You do not deserve any further replies. On ignore henceforth.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
One sage once was performing tapas having taken such a vow when a king hunting a wild animal crossed that spot where the sage was seated. Beyond that place, the king had no clue where the animal had gone, so he asked the sage who had wide open eyes if he had seen him and which direction he had gone. The sage, who had taken the vow to speak the truth told him, "That which speaks did not see, that which saw cannot speak" - meaning, "the eyes which can only see cannot speak, the mouth which can only speak cannot see". The king did not understand what the sage said and asked him again and again and to this the sage replied the same. Finally the king decided that the sage did not see the animal and left the place. The sage had effectively saved the animal while speaking truth all the time.

Sometimes saving others might need lies be told and in this case, the lie might be the truth.
What a BS analogy !

Yeah whatever. You do not deserve any further replies. On ignore henceforth.
What a comeback after that BS analogy :lol: No wonder you will chose to ignore. BTW I am an admin, and you can't put me on ignore.

PS: Please follow the rules, friendly reminder.

Last edited:

indian_sukhoi

Elections are nearing up and congress is no where looking being survive this time.

England has to start making good relations with the new govt, For the sake of both of them.

parijataka

Country flag
One fact that many choose to ignore is that Congress Party functionaries were part of the mobs that went on a rampage after the train burning at Godhra. Even among those who took part in Godhra some were corporators belonging to Congress Party. This is one reason why Congress Party's efforts to paint Gujaratis and Narendra Modi as `communal` and Sonia Gandhi's `maut ka saudagar` speech did not go down well in 2007 (complicit media such as NDTV and CNN-IBN also played a part in `campaigning` for Congress Party in 2007 I'd say) . Gujarat has had more frequent and bloodier communal riots before 2002, all under Congress Party, in fact 2002 onwards there has been no communal riot in Gujarat. In Gujarat riots, major portion of the dead were Muslims, however some Hindus also died in police firing to quell the mobs. Whereas the 1984 riots were 100% Sikhs killed by Congress party goons led by Congress leaders, identified by eye witnesses and are now senior leaders of the party and even one Cabinet Minister. Gujarat, esp Ahmedabad, has a long history of communal riots and 2002-2012 is the only decade of peace!

Narendra Modi is an elected leader in a democracy and must play Chanakya niti - i.e. sama, dama, danda, bheda. I will say he has done well and made Gujarat the top state in India. Gujaratis will be fools if they dont elect this man back with a good majority to give a chance to Congress again, which I am sure they will. Congress rule currently OTOH in the states where it is in power does not inspire confidence.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
One fact that many choose to ignore is that Congress Party functionaries were part of the mobs that went on a rampage after the train burning at Godhra. Even among those who took part in Godhra some were corporators belonging to Congress Party. This is one reason why Congress Party's efforts to paint Gujaratis and Narendra Modi as `communal` and Sonia Gandhi's `maut ka saudagar` speech did not go down well in 2007 (complicit media such as NDTV and CNN-IBN also played a part in `campaigning` for Congress Party in 2007 I'd say) . Gujarat has had more frequent and bloodier communal riots before 2002, all under Congress Party, in fact 2002 onwards there has been no communal riot in Gujarat. In Gujarat riots, major portion of the dead were Muslims, however some Hindus also died in police firing to quell the mobs.

Narendra Modi is an elected leader in a democracy and must play Chanakya niti - i.e. sama, dama, danda, bheda. I will say he has done well and made Gujarat the top state in India. Gujaratis will be fools if they dont elect this man back with a good majority to give a chance to Congress again, which I am sure they will. Congress rule currently OTOH in the states where it is in power does not inspire confidence.
I have also mentioned, that many muslims believe if Modi comes to power, they will be safer.

Whereas the 1984 riots were 100% Sikhs killed by Congress party goons led by Congress leaders, identified by eye witnesses and are now senior leaders of the party and even one Cabinet Minister. Gujarat, esp Ahmedabad, has a long history of communal riots and 2002-2012 is the only decade of peace!
Not true. In Sikh riots, many non-Congress party workers were also involved.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Sir, if Modi apologizes, he will lose his hard core votes.And that's why he won't.
"¨"¨"©What ?? Why ?? And how can you say Gujjus are hardcore hindutvavadi ??

parijataka

Country flag
I have also mentioned, that many muslims believe if Modi comes to power, they will be safer.

Not true. In Sikh riots, many non-Congress party workers were also involved.
Ok, but Media is ignoring Congress misdeeds.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
"¨"¨"©And why so ??
Modi may very well be blemish free in this whole episode, but ultimate accountability and responsibility does lie with him. Shouldn't he apologize for that ?

Politically by not apologizing he has done a very smart thing but is it compatible with dharma ?

And another question if statecraft is different from dharma, then why this whole charade that people (like offstumped) have pioneered that everything should be based on dharma ?

===

Ok, but Media is ignoring Congress misdeeds.
More than media, its the people who are asleep. Look at the rape and plunder of the nation under UPA !

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles