UK allows undercover police to have sex with suspects

Folk hero

LONDON: British undercover police officers can start sexual relationships with suspected criminals if it means they are more plausible , a minister said on Wednesday. Home office minister Nick Herbert said that under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 officers were permitted to have sex as part of their job.

There had been confusion about whether undercover police were allowed to go that far following the collapse of a case against environmental activists in Nottinghamshire. It emerged that the group was infiltrated by an officer called Mark Kennedy, who had been in sexual relationships with two women in the campaign, The Telegraph reported. Kennedy spent seven years posing as long-haired dropout climber Mark 'Flash' Stone to infiltrate activists and admitted having sex with women during the operation.

Speaking in a debate in Westminster Hall, Herbert said it was important police were allowed to have sex with activists because otherwise it could be used as a way of outing potential undercover officers.

"But this would depend on the circumstances of each individual case and consideration should always be given to seeking legal advice."

UK allows undercover police to have sex with suspects - The Times of India

Male cops would say yes! yes! yes!:laugh:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
All is fair in love and war.

Not having sex could also get one arrested for impeding a police officer in discharging of her or his duties! ;)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
How will the policy affect presenting evidence in court?

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
WoW that's a good excuse for Police they get laid and say i suspect her motives :p

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Speaking in a debate in Westminster Hall, Herbert said it was important police were allowed to have sex with activists because otherwise it could be used as a way of outing potential undercover officers.
Any advantage in that regard must be negated by public health consequences. How much more absurd can the idea be?

How many times does it happen that an activist will say to an undercover agent, "F**k me or I'll know you're a cop"?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In western countries casual sex is no big deal as it is out here.

It is merely a stress buster.

The Police work has a lot of stress.

Business with Pleasure.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It really isn't that weird when all they are really doing is having sex with someone they met while on the job. I do that all the time.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
It really isn't that weird when all they are really doing is having sex with someone they met while on the job. I do that all the time.
I know :troll:

Anyway, it is not some thing which can be forced. The law is now that they can have consensual sex without any backlash.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles