UFO mystery in Kolkata air

Pintu

I am hereby posting excerpts of the seating in the House of Commons in 1953 :

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/commons/1953/may/04/comet-airliner-loss
COMET AIRLINER (LOSS)

HC Deb 04 May 1953 vol 515 cc31-2 31
§ Mr. Langford-Holt (by Private Notice) asked the Minister of Civil Aviation whether he will make a statement on the loss of the Comet aircraft flying between Calcutta and New Delhi.
§ The Minister of Civil Aviation (Mr. Alan Lennox-Boyd) As the House will know, a Comet airliner of British Overseas Airways Corporation crashed on Saturday afternoon shortly after taking off from Calcutta. All on board—37 passengers and six crew—lost their lives. 32 This is the first British Overseas Airways Corporation accident involving loss of life to passengers since July, 1948.
The aircraft was on a scheduled flight from Singapore to London. According to information so far received, it was flying at well below 10,000 ft. when the accident occurred. An Inspector of Accidents from my Ministry left early yesterday morning and another has left today. Representatives of De Havillands have also gone to India and officers from the Corporation's staff in Calcutta are on the scene. British Overseas Airways Corporation's Comet services on all routes are continuing to operate.
I express the deep sympathy of Her Majesty's Government—and I am sure of the whole House—to the relatives and friends of those who have lost their lives in this disaster.
§ Mr. Langford-Holt While associating myself—and I am sure the whole House —with that expression of sympathy, may I ask my right hon. Friend if he can say whether it is intended to hold an inquiry? If it is so intended, would he please impress on those holding the inquiry the desirability of haste in this matter, as delay would only be a disservice to the country, the manufacturers and the public in general?
§ Mr. Lennox-Boyd I am sure that that will be clearly borne in mind. Responsibility for investigating this accident, rests, of course, in the first place with India as the State of occurrence.
§ Mr. Beswick While associating myself with the Minister's expression of sympathy, may I ask him what information he has about weather conditions at the time?
§ Mr. Lennox-Boyd All I know at the moment is that the weather was bad, with heavy turbulence, thunder and dust storms. I would rather not be drawn into more detail in advance of the inquiry.

One of the image of the Commet Aircraft :

Comet_1.jpg

Image : Wikipedia

Regards

Pintu

However Wiki puts the all bolt on speculations:

The next fatal accident involving passengers was on 2 May 1953, when a BOAC Comet 1 (G-ALYV) crashed in a severe tropical storm six minutes after taking off from Calcutta/Dum Dum (now Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport), India,[55] killing all 43 on board. The crash was attributed to structural failure of the airframe with witnesses observing the wingless Comet on fire plunging into the Indian Ocean. [56]
[edit] India Court of Inquiry

A court of inquiry was convened by the Central Government of India to examine the cause of the accident.[N 17] The conclusions of the inquiry focused on the extreme negative G forces encountered in the thundersquall. A large proportion of the aircraft was recovered and reassembled at Farnborough.[56] The break-up was found to have began with a left hand elevator spar failure in the stabiliser. The immediate focus was on the severe turbulence encountered that induced down-loading, which subsequently precipitated the loss of the wings. Examination of the cockpit controls led to a belief that the pilot may have inadvertently overstressed the aircraft when pulling out of a steep dive by over-manipulation of the fully powered flight controls.[57][N 18]
Recommendations from the court revolved around the enforcement of stricter "rough air" speed limits. The tragedy led to two significant developments: all Comets were equipped with "weather radar" and the introduction of "Q feel", a system that ensured that control column forces (invariably called "stick forces") would be proportional to control loads. The artificial feel was the first of its kind to be introduced in any aircraft.[56] The Comet 1 and 1A had been criticised for a lack of "feel" in their controls,[58] although test pilot John Cunningham contended, "it flew extremely smoothly and responded to the controls in the best way de Havilland aircraft usually did".[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Comet#cite_ref-72

What I have seen in a Bengali magazine that pilot reported unusual activities of what he described 'Flying objects like balls of fire' besides the aircraft. That can be recoded in black box I presume, but again generates speculation of UFO activities, or I have a question is there any scientific reason behind 'the fireballs' ?

Regards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Comet#cite_note-Faith-26

Menhit

Here begins a conspiracy theory: Yada yada hi dharmashya glanir bhavati bharata, abhi utthanam adharmashya tadaatmanam srijamyaham lol

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles