'Udta Punjab' controversy

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ashdoc, Jun 8, 2016.

1. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

Not to be pedantic, but Rajasthan and Gujarat are the other states bordering Pakistan..

Punjab is being targeted for many reasons, including the Khalistan angle..

2. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

language and ethnicity too
    as Pak is Punjabi nation mostly so easy access and camouflage
    No one would come to know if a Mullah dresses a sikh and serves in gurudwara.

3. mayfair

Language and ethnicity are not very big issues with Rajasthan or Gujarat borders either. For instance, Gujarati, Kutchi and Sindhi are spoken across Gujarat and Sindh, especially in the border districts. Likewise, nomadic tribes and locals on both sides of Sindh/South Pakjab-Rajasthan border share language and cultural affinities. So no one can tell if a Napaki ISI agent is dressed as a turban-wearing Rajasthani Natt.

Punjab gets the attention, but Rajasthan and Gujarat are no less vulnerable and a lot of drugs and weapons smuggling happens in these areas as Sarfarosh and Refugee highlighted.

4. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

I saw more junkies and crooked youth in Delhi last month than I could ever see in Punjab.

The bullshit about Punjab and defaming us had gone too far by many vested interests. Ironically the Congi-Kejri Eco system and Khalistani eco system was well in sync to do this propaganda. Now they all have gone into hiding.

Give me two News portals and I can do it to any state, all I have to propagate certain 'safe' to say realities that Oh! Drugs are high in use and politicians in power are corrupt.

I don't think even the Punjabi poster have an eye to detail and observation because drugs, opium, bhukki, Doddey and poly-substance abuse has been always prevalent in Punjab. When growing up especially visiting villages the walls used to be full with advertisement and pamphlets asking people to quit "Nasha".

In my very own class from 3rd semester onwards half of the boys were ingesting tablets, Opium and Bhooky on visiting card dose.

With growing population this problem swell in exact numbers. Access to good money as Punjab has more income per head compare to other states the 'Shonk' recreation with substances changed and variety of drugs got into the main stream replacing crude 'Nasha". Few saw this market to then make money.

Now Congi's are in power how many leaders of AD and BJP they have caught. APP is primary ooposition party what they have done so far other than shoot and scoot like their psycopath leader Kejriwal?

Isn't this the storey of every state ? Flow of money decides the sophistication of this 'Nasha"

Please stop all this bullshit, preaching, eduction, moralities and what not. It is so mundane that it make not fucking sense to people who actually deal with it.

Neither this kind of debate has worked before nor it will work again because this is not science but simplistic verbosity. Those who fall to such recreation have many reasons from genetics to Family and social factors where moralities play very little role but gets more credit as people who remain unaffected tries to earn points on it.

Many nations have handled this problem by going into two sides of the extremes where the abrasions are either used to kill the user and the supplier or there are no abrasions at all. India and many modern societies who are more or less moderately abrasive work it out quite well. All three models work with few have got better results.

5. Project Dharma

Project Dharma दुष्ट आत्मा Senior Member

Paaji, gaye woh din high per capita income waale.

Now Punjab is mediocre, right in the middle. :sad:

aditya10r, Screambowl and AnantS like this.
  6. AnantS

AnantS Senior Member Senior Member

Well how dense is the border area populated for rest of the two states. I doubt it is as densely populated as Punjab(as compared to border villages/town of other two states)?

abingdonboy likes this.
  7. mayfair

It is probably less densely populated, but also far more porous. Punjab border is double fenced. Large parts of Rann of Kutch remain unfenced. Plus, there are creeks that allow easy ingress.

8. Screambowl

But those regions are very lightly populated that too along the border because it's cholistan( thar) that side and Thar on this side. There is no market in those regions. They just act as bypass.
    Where as in Punjab, Lahore is just 1 hr away by road from Ambarsar. Same goes for other areas.
    You start from Lahore, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Ambala, Chandigarh, Delhi.

But Hariyana acts as buffer, and cases of such addiction in Hariyana is low but due to urbanisation in Gurgaon, this might increase. As more money flows in.

Similarly in Manipur and Arunachal, the tribes have a tradition of using cannabis but that's something else. More importantly.. These states work s bypasses/routes connecting central to east asia.

aditya10r, Project Dharma and mayfair like this.
  9. mayfair

^^ I agree. The situation is in many ways quite different from Punjab and in many ways it's quite similar.

On one side, there's little population, on the other side, these borders are also less policed, so there is a lot of cross-border movement and contacts between people across the border.

Screambowl likes this.
  10. AnantS

AnantS Senior Member Senior Member

People's farms exist on other side of fence in Punjab and Jammu. So they are lot closer than you think to Paki Land. Pakis all have to do is sling (contraband) stuff across fence at night to deliver small quantities

mayfair and Project Dharma like this.
  11. hit&run

This is real udta Punjab....

Hindus are now being targeted....

Coward revisionists like @Tronic will come after few years to say nothing like that happened that triggered the communal clashes.

12. Screambowl

Punjabis in India need to be made clear very clear specially Sikhs that no matter what no matter what daleel explanation there is, bhinderwala cannot be treated as Guru. Or Sant.
    Even putting a photo of him in Gurudwara is a big time Sin.

aditya10r and abingdonboy like this.
  13. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Senior Member Senior Member

Any background/history info about Hindu Sangharsh Sena?

14. hit&run

I am not sure if hanging a picture has any illiegality.

I am least bothered about such things. It is their outlook if they see hanging Bhindarnwaley's picture make their religion any better or not.

I am very strong proponent of freedom of Practising of one's religion. Being analogous at one stage if they diverge to their own path and practise for all the good reasons, we are no one to say anything wrong or try appropriate anything when they strongly oppose it.

Academically there can be a good debate in favour of Hinduism if one starts correlating I mean in theory, but practically it is most counter productive for Hindus to fit in their sphere in order to make them realise the semblance.

It is good to be different and then learn mutual respect and coexist.

If I have to make a subterranean remark just to subdue average Hindu's anxiety then we must be proud that the inception is based on Dharma and it is the mother of many 'Panth" and many more will come out of it to add value and diversity. Those who would try to De-hyphenate themselves should happily be bid adieued.

'Hass Ke Saajan Chodiyea, Fer Milan Ke Aas'.

Project Dharma and AnantS like this.
  15. hit&run

Why ? Will that make us comfortable with the murder ?

indiatester likes this.
  16. Screambowl

What does Bhinderwala have to do with the religion? He was Indira's stooge who went absconding after killing Hindus in a bus just because he was dumped by Indira during ticket distribution.

A political leader cum murderer becomes a sant and his picture finds a place near respected Gurus, who preached the message of Ek Onkar is highly disgraceful in my view. The fools have forgotten Guru Nanak but remembers 84 and Bhinderwala.

17. hit&run

I think you are out of depth on many accounts.

I don't believe in outside intervention. The reform must come from within, it is their prerogative to decide whom they will cherish as 'Sant' or not.

Since early 20th century the reformist movements Sikhs lead were going in one direction to de-hypenate Sikhism from Hinduism. After independence this de-hypenation got momentum as on Today's date 1951 Punjabi suba came into inception and gave this movement a political cloak. Then 1984 perfected it to an uncompromising Ideology.

There is a thread running (I never participated) with an effort 'not to' let this de-hypenation happen with many historic references given. On social media many good facts are now available that can easily challenge the revisionists. But born in Punjab and lived there for 27 years I never saw that connect nor my Sikh friends ever talked about; which people superfluously talk on social media.

We do love each other as friends live in harmony and there is great respect in social context but there is never a religious oneness which social media Hindus subscribe to.

The de-hypenation is complete and it must be normalised.

The revisionists are the core of the Sikh religious enterprise (Not talking about Sikhism). Any intervention will be handled brutally unleashing such a propaganda that you and me will be looking for a cover.

Two months ago on Spice radio New Zealand a speech addressing a gathering was aired. The speaker, a renowned Sikh revisionist was gleefully addressing 'in-agreement' crowd that Independence movement against Britishers was Sikh religious movement not nationalist and he correlated it to Jihadism of Islam. He was quite apologetic about what Muslims did to Sikhs in 17th centuries but compared Pakistani sponsored terrorism against India as a religious war which Khalistanis should be doing as well.

I thought he will end it on these Ideological rants but he then compared Kasab with Baba Gurdit Singh Komagata Maru. I straight away shut my Radio. If few old members can recall a quiz we played on Shout Box 3-4 years ago at the eve of Independence day which I won as no one knew about this great Son of India.

It made me burn through my eyes that now this freedom fighter is turned into some religious fanatic and his sacrifice is made comparable to Hanging of Kasab.

Making It short I just want to tell you that these people are now mainstream of Sikh thought process and are being heard and seen more than Patriotic Indian Sikhs with more attention.

Any intervention that you are asking will be a blunder of uninformed. Keeping it below the threshold that was previously crossed is their responsibility. No one from outside should try to become 'Mama Ji' here.

18. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

+1
    Confirmation Bias

Screambowl and Project Dharma like this.
  19. hit&run

LOL,

Can I request someone to help us clearing digressions and issuing certificates ?

@Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Kunal Biswas

The post quoted by above poster itself is a confirmation bias because poster has corroborated heresy as proof to accuse someone.

20. hit&run

Please read De-hyphenation as Hypenation. Just realised mistake while driving. Lol...