UAE issues 'stapled visa' to PoK residents including its PM

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by KS, May 5, 2011.

1. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

UAE issues 'stapled visa' to PoK residents including its PM

Not confirmed - but great news if true :india:

3. RPK

RPK Indyakudimahan Senior Member

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/uae-issues-stapled-visa-to--residents-including-its-pm/786333/

The United Arab Emirates has begun issuing "stapled visas" to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir residents, including its "Prime Minister" Sardar Attique Ahmed, a media report said today.

The practice of issuing "stapled visas" is new and previously visas were stamped as usual on the passports, the Pakistan Observer newspaper reported today.

PoK "Prime Minister" Sardar Attique Ahmed Khan, who holds a Pakistani diplomatic passport, was issued a stapled visit visa by the UAE Embassy in Islamabad on Tuesday, the report said.

China had sparked a diplomatic row with India last year by issuing stapled visas to residents of Jammu and Kashmir.

4. Dark_Prince

Dark_Prince Regular Member

LOL Double Whammy for failed state delusional begara@@ pakistanis :D

5. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

It must have hurt them really bad as it came from their best friend and biggest alms provider.

6. ganesh177

ganesh177 Regular Member

lol thats awesome news

7. Oracle

Oracle New Member

From funding waahabism in Pakistan to issuing stapled visas to POK residents. What are they upto? We are not US to grant them a NATO shield, nor are we Europe to give them Typhoons. So why?

8. A.V.

A.V. New Member

well i dont want to rejoice all this points to a fact that the world community si trying to make the kashmir a big international issue which its not , come on everybody knows pakistan is in no love for its kashmir people they want the territory to secure its water supply same as india wants it for strategic dept , love of people is not yet shown because clearly for 60 years none have done enough to get the people out of misery there.

POK stapled visas means stapled visas for JK too thats not something to rejoice but be concerned

9. smartindian

smartindian Regular Member

/\/\ uae is largest trading partner of india , against only few country we have trade surplus

10. A.V.

A.V. New Member

well i dont want to rejoice all this points to a fact that the world community si trying to make the kashmir a big international issue which its not , come on everybody knows pakistan is in no love for its kashmir people they want the territory to secure its water supply same as india wants it for strategic dept , love of people is not yet shown because clearly for 60 years none have done enough to get the people out of misery there.

POK stapled visas means stapled visas for JK too thats not something to rejoice but be concerned

11. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

"International" means "US", and I believe USA is up to something, may be arm-twisting Pakistan.

12. A.V.

A.V. New Member

its high time that all realize the US whats good for the US and its citizens and not for anybody else , every other country has to do it for themselves on their own and we dont wnat US to interfere in indias internal matter , like internal security in maoism , kashmir is indias issue and problem , we are not pakistan to resign our soverignity

as i said stapled visas for POK means same for jk citizens who should be given visas same as other indians its not good news

13. Tolaha

Tolaha Senior Member Senior Member

Quite an interesting news this!

I really doubt that UAE would do the same to the residents of J&K. In these times of tensions in the middle east, it doesnt pay to keep a powerful neighbour unhappy!

14. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

I highly suspect that, let us not believe that India and Pakistan will be treated alike by the international community. If any country dares doing so there will be consequences(not necessarily of military nature). POK is a disputed territory, because its under illegal occupation of Pakistan and claimed by India. Jammu and Kashmir is not disputed, its a state of India, in fact those other areas under Pakistan's occupation legally belong to the state.

I think USA's plan is to use Kashmir issue to it's advantage and make the rebellious ally called Pakistan comply to it's wishes.

15. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Its an internal problem of India and atmost a bilateral problem and this does not make the Kashmir issue a international issue. If at all in all the OIC meetings you could find only 'denouncements' for India and no body speaks about the Pakistani occupied Kashmir which is always conviniently forgotten.

But now we have a Muslim Arab country explicity identifying that POK is also disputed - the first of its kind in the Muslim world, perhaps after iraq.

Would they dare to do it ? I very much doubt and if India can act so vociferously against such an action by none other than China and make them come down trust me we would not keep quiet if UAE tries to act over-smart and the beauty is UAE knows its limits. India is not Pakistan for everyone to make a mockery of :lol:

16. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

Shouldn't this be in the International affairs section?

17. JAISWAL

JAISWAL Senior Member Senior Member

this is a great news
    where are those ummah and what not brother-hood preachers who cry for every tom-****-herry's comment against India.
    Where are those arab league members who resides in south asia and think of them selves as arabs.
    I realy pity those

18. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

Has UAE taken any new stand on this matter (Kashmir issue)?
    What is the reason behind changing to stapled visas suddenly?
    I see a change but don't see a clear opinion/message underneath. What are they trying to say?

Regards,
    Virendra

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  19. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

It will become sort of legal as a defacto.

Maybe we will staple visas for Tibet and Xinjaing?

Not because they are not a part of China, but they being autonomous region and so quasi independent.

Likewise for POK and FATA and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

It will be so confusing that we will all in the world wonder which part is disputed/ autonomous and which is not. :)

20. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

Sir I so very much want that it happens, but our Govt. doesn't have the balls for it :(

Regards,
    Virendra

21. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Why not simply issue stapled VISAs to everybody from Pakistan? That would mean we do not quite acknowledge the very existence of Pakistan as a whole. Its sovereignty is already in question.

Last edited: May 6, 2011