U.S. May Allow India to Join JSF Effort

chex3009

Country flag
Don't you guys think, that for joining the JSF program, India would need to invest a huge sum in the program, and wouldn't it kill our AMCA totally?

For the sake of getting top-notch technology in the form of F-35, we would be left high and dry in our quest for developing such techs on our own.

Might be the case where at some point of a time, Indian Navy might require F-35 for IAC-2, i guess but it would be better off buying it off the shelf rather than investing huge sums and then getting the same version which we might get the other way too.

gogbot

good stuff , and India should join. It does not obligate to buy anything but gives access to purchasing such deals , perhaps future iterations too. there is no downside to this...I think some talk existed around F 35 aircraft for the navy in the past?
Nha We have FGFA , NGFA and AURA.

IAF does not have need to import.

It might be useful for IN , as carrier aircraft.
But Beyond that we have no reason to go in and buy a new Aircraft.

I mean think about it this.
By 2020 we would have the FGFA , and most of the world will be moving to 5th gen as a standard.
Presumably from 2020 to 2030 we won't have any 6th gen aircraft.

For an entire decade IAF will not have to Import any Fighter aircraft , because it already what it needs,
5th gen and good 4.5 gen.

Why get the F-35 ?

JayATL

So hypothetically if Pakistan is offered this aircraft , since India was given 1st choice and it rejects it-- you guys would have no issues?

you know since all 5th generation purchases seems to be ' putting all your eggs' in the Russian made aircraft ( and their stellar record) basket".

NATO seems to be picking up F-35 and as that project gets closer they (the US) will resolve any hiccups. so you won't have a choice of other 5G aircraft's for a very long time. Unless of course you aware of any of other leaders in the industry ( EU) that have their own 5G aircraft plans in motion?

tell me what is the contingency plan if the Russian made 5th gen is not up to par in further trails? what if it turns out to be a MIG 35 amongst all its competitors in its class?

Side note: plz correct me if I am wrong , did India not a few years back request this in some informal fashion and at that time the US did not give the green signal? and was it an unofficial but yet hope to have F35 for the navy? or was either of them internet chatter.. ( i honestly don't know)

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

So hypothetically if Pakistan is offered this aircraft , since India was given 1st choice and it rejects it-- you guys would have no issues?

you know since all 5th generation purchases seems to be ' putting all your eggs' in the Russian made aircraft ( and their stellar record) basket".

NATO seems to be picking up F-35 and as that project gets closer they (the US) will resolve any hiccups. so you won't have a choice of other 5G aircraft's for a very long time. Unless of course you aware of any of other leaders in the industry ( EU) that have their own 5G aircraft plans in motion?
Even Hypothetically America wont give it to Pakistan knowing that chinese will copy from it .

badguy2000

Respected Member
JSF is a exact example of white elephants...it will be the least costperformance bird ever seen....if Indians were to join it....that would be best news to Pakistanions.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

JSF is a exact example of white elephants....if Indians were to join it....that would be best news to Pakistanions.
I will not even dare to ask your IQ level. Its obvious that everyone knows it. Just one question by the way .
do you have any term similar to white dragon for your J20 ?

JayATL

Even Hypothetically America wont give it to Pakistan knowing that chinese will copy from it .
you mean like they continue to send them F16's which is far better than any current 4th generation Chinese aircraft?

SHASH2K2

you mean like they continue to send them F16's which is far better than any current 4th generation Chinese aircraft?
Just to let you know that they provided pakistan with Block 52 now when they had block 60 ready and already exported to other countries. You may presume a lot of things but when it comes to access to critical technology even closest of her allies get downgraded or scaled down version. Despite being major Partner of JSF program even UK donot have access to most of critical technologies. Whatever Pakistan will get will always be much less capable of what USA will have. Maybe Pakistan will get F35 after 15 years when USA will have no one else to sell them and they already have advanced and improved version of F35 .

JayATL

The block 52 is far better than any Chinese 4th gen aircraft. btw- is the F 18 offered to us not the latest ( again I ask because I honestly don't know the nuances in there)?

badguy2000

Respected Member
why offtopic to J20? all China-made are crappy copyrats...don't worry about it at all.

but the problem is that F35 will be as expensive as F22 at least but by far less capable than F22.

SHASH2K2

The block 52 is far better than any Chinese 4th gen aircraft. btw- is the F 18 offered to us not the latest ( again I ask because I honestly don't know the nuances in there)?
F18 offered to us will definitely not what USA armed forces will get but if you compare it with export to other countries they will be much more better and potent . Even F16 offered to us is much better than Block 52 .

JayATL

why offtopic to J20? all China-made are crappy copyrats...don't worry about it at all.

but the problem is that F35 will be as expensive as F22 at least but by far less capable than F22.
sorry guy , its not off topic , the fact is the F16 given to Pakistan is better than any Chinese 4th gen aircraft. J 20 is a 5th gen right? and how do you know what the problem is - we have not yet had a solid look at the terms on F 35. and we have no clue how the J 20 or PAK- FA's would finally benchmark . and history tells us that you can't touch American air superiority.

It also a kind petty cheer leading by the Chinese . This is what makes me go hmm.. you have on one side , decades of air superiority and industry and on the other side you have the first 5th gen aircraft from china , and suddenly you are ready to call it a level playing ground. you have no clue what J 20 will look finally to benchmark it against a F 35.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
sorry guy , its not off topic , the fact is the F16 is better than any Chinese 4th gen aircraft. J 20 is a 5th gen right? and how do you know what the problem is - we have not yet had a solid look at the terms on F 35. and we have no clue how the J 20 or PAK- FA's would finally n benchmark .
ok.ok, Yankees are invicible....F16 is invicible.....

Obvously, Yankees can upgrade F16 block 52 with the advanced tech of F22/F35.

But God forbid Chinese's upgrading J10 and JF17 with advanced tech of J20...

JayATL

F18 offered to us will definitely not what USA armed forces will get but if you compare it with export to other countries they will be much more better and potent . Even F16 offered to us is much better than Block 52 .
whats the difference besides payload ...? curious.

JayATL

ok.ok, Yankees are invicible....F16 is invicible.....

Obvously, Yankees can upgrade F16 block 52 with the advanced tech of F22/F35.

But God forbid Chinese's upgrading J10 and JF17 with advanced tech of J20...
Yes- the US have a track record proven to be superior for decades:) . you have no clue what the final engine will look like for the J20 and if it will be successful. Bragging about J 20 is like having your first unmanned flight in space and then calling yourself as NASA's equivalent. besides when will you upgrade ( not to say why bother) , 15 years for now? don't you have to have a proven and rolled J 20 to start work on retro fitting its tech to J 10/ 17?

Last edited:

p2prada

When the US itself is finding it difficult to fund one stealth program after stopping the first one why would we be crazy enough to get into 3 stealth programs at once. FGFA commitment is already done. Then we have our own home grown AMCA program under ADA. If we get into F-35 then who would be partnering with the Americans in this one. We have only 2 capable Aeronautics R&D institutions and both are quite busy.

Unless they plan on sacrificing AMCA for F-35 which would be a completely stupid move to do.

A Naval requirement is a possibility but I don't think they would be overly interested if Naval PAKFA becomes available. Also I would say the Navy would be more interested in procurement than in development if it comes to F-35.

Sorry US. You should have come 3 years ago, perhaps with the F-22 carrot instead. Oh! And better forget CISMOA as quickly as you forgot we are non-NPT signatories before signing the Nuclear deal. Cheers.

Better let them know we are a tough crowd to please before they even try taking us for granted.

SHASH2K2

whats the difference besides payload ...? curious.
check this link . http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/the-uaes-f-16-block-60-desert-falcon-fleet-04538/

there is a significance improvement is electronics and avionics and in modern warfare . They are most critical. Also we will have much more advanced weapons available compared to block 52 that Pakistan has. But IMHO discussing F16 here is irrelevent in this thread .Their AESA is generation ahead of others and currently they are into 3rd generation while others are into first .

JayATL

how do you know they are too busy to join in this venture? gut feeling..? who is taking you for granted? do they have their hands in your balls? ... what kind of opaque manhood statement is that? LOL. this is a business venture not a kids playground :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles