U.S. Aides Believe China Examined Stealth Copter

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
U.S. Aides Believe China Examined Stealth Copter

WASHINGTON — In the days after the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, Pakistan's intelligence service probably allowed Chinese military engineers to examine the wreckage of a stealth American helicopter that crashed during the operation, according to American officials and others familiar with the classified intelligence assessments.

Such cooperation with China would be provocative, providing further evidence of the depths of Pakistan's anger over the Bin Laden raid, which was carried out without Pakistan's approval. The operation, conducted in early May, also set off an escalating tit-for-tat scuffle between American and Pakistani spies.

American spy agencies have concluded that it is likely that Chinese engineers — at the invitation of Pakistani intelligence operatives — took detailed photographs of the severed tail of the Black Hawk helicopter equipped with classified technology designed to elude radar, the officials said. The members of the Navy Seals team who conducted the raid had tried to destroy the helicopter after it crashed at Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, but the tail section of the aircraft remained largely intact.

American officials cautioned that they did not yet have definitive proof that the Chinese were allowed to visit to Abbottabad. They said that Pakistani officials had denied that they showed the advanced helicopter technology to other foreign governments. One military official said Sunday that Pakistani officials had been directly confronted about the American intelligence... [more on this website]:-
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/world/asia/15copter.html?_r=1

JayATL

Unfathomable that a country can be so naive and self destructive . It's one thing to be mad at the US over aid and drones ( which is sanctioned by Pakistan officially I may add), and another to continue to take aid and work so hard at screwing up the relationship- as to purposefully sabotage the realtionship...

I just don't know what pakistan is thinking here...

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Unfathomable that a country can be so naive and self destructive . It's one thing to be mad at the US over aid and drones ( which is sanctioned by Pakistan officially I may add), and another to continue to take aid and work so hard at screwing up the relationship- as to purposefully sabotage the realtionship...

I just don't know what pakistan is thinking here...
There are many pakistans within pakistan.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
If the Americans fully conclude it so openly or behind closed doors, this will be a serious matter. Nobody wants their technology to fall in the laps of a competitor. Americans anyways are the least amused type, over such possibilities.
Even if I imagine that it is a pressure tactic from US; regardless of that brick by brick the US Pakistan relations are going hollow. Past few months were nothing but a whole series of blows.

Regards,
Virendra

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles