Two sisters shot dead by militants in Sopore

Iamanidiot

@pmaitra,

If Soporis and other pro-Geelani folks turn against Militancy, Geelani and his ISI paymasters will lose whatever control they have over the whole Kashmir issue.

Another point, Ikhwanis were largely disbanded and today imho are merely informants and not combatants.
there are tweets stating that the two girls were assumed to be informers and hence shot

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
there are tweets stating that the two girls were assumed to be informers and hence shot
Yes but who shot them ? The terrorists but Mr. Geelani is calling for shutdown against India. See the logic.

Iamanidiot

Yes but who shot them ? The terrorists but Mr. Geelani is calling for shutdown against India. See the logic.
Sir even more simple why does GoI want to tolerate Geelani?I don't understand that

pmaitra

^^ If Pakistan could wipe out Nawab Akbar Bugti (from whom I have much respect), I wonder if GoI can do the same with Gilani. I am pretty sure GoI knows something that we do not. How difficult is to destroy his health while he is hospitalised so that his journey to his grave becomes faster? This can be done clinically, and not many would suspect. He is not particularly at the pink of his health. Not much room to accuse GoI here.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Sir even more simple why does GoI want to tolerate Geelani?I don't understand that
In the words of Late K Subrahmanyam
....people in this country are not interested in national security. They are interested in the politics of national security....
^^ If Pakistan could wipe out Nawab Akbar Bugti (from whom I have much respect), I wonder if GoI can do the same with Gilani. I am pretty sure GoI knows something that we do not. How difficult is to destroy his health while he is hospitalised so that his journey to his grave becomes faster? This can be done clinically, and not many would suspect. He is not particularly at the pink of his health. Not much room to accuse GoI here.
http://news.rediff.com/special/2010...who-saved-separatist-leader-geelanis-life.htm

ejazr

Ambassador
Just a few days after the killings before "militants" attacked the local Congress chief in Sopore. At this time JuM claimed responsibility ofcourse even though trying to kill someone who does not agree with you should have invited open condemnation.

JuM claims responsibility Militants attack former Congress leader's residence in Sopore
Srinagar, Feb 2: Amid uneasy calm prevailing in Sopore town following the killing of two teenaged sisters by unknown gunmen late Monday evening, militants lobbed grenades at the house of former Pradesh Congress Committee president, Ghulam Rasool Kar and a paramilitary patrol team in north Kashmir's Sopore town on Tuesday morning.Reports said a grenade was hurled towards the house of Kar at 10 AM, which exploded mid air without causing any damage. However, some window panes of Kar's house were damaged due to the impact of the blast. Kar was present at his residence along with his family at the time of the blast. Jamiat-ul-Mujahideen militant outfit in a faxed statement to KNS claimed the responsibility of the attack. Spokesman of the outfit, Jameel Ahmad said, "Our Mujahideen carried out the attack on Kar's residence." Another grenade was lobbed at a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) patrol near the main bus stand.However, it missed the intended target and exploded without causing any damage. Militant outfit Al-Bader claimed the responsibility of the attack. "Six cops were injured in the attack," Al-Bader spokesman, Mohammad Qasim, claimed in a faxed statement to KNS. Unidentified gunmen had late Monday night killed two sisters in the Muslim Peer locality of the town. Moments after the grenade attack at his house, Kar while talking to Kashmir News Service said, "Pakistan wants to create disturbance in Kashmir." He alleged that militants were killing innocents in Kashmir. "Even Syed Ali Shah Geelani has no control over the militants."Reports said that security forces this evening intensified search operation in many Sopore localities. The cops also conducted frisking moving vehicles and passengers.

pmaitra

First of all, sorry I could not respond earlier, because I was taken busy and could visit only a few threads.

Secondly, Singh, I must say, after reading that link, I must offer you my sincere and humble respects. It takes a lot of courage to see the other side of the coin which the multitude (including myself) often fail to see.

No, I won't pretend to be a transformed person from now onwards, but will definitely chastise myself for hinting that Gilani be slow poisoned. I think GoI has a moral high ground compared to India's neighbours on this issue. I still believe that he is an enemy of the Indian Union, and for me, preserving this Union is of utmost importance, even if it happens via a few posts, but I will definitely try to inculcate respect for the enemy.

One again, thanks for the link.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
http://news.rediff.com/special/2010...who-saved-separatist-leader-geelanis-life.htm

Stockholm syndrome.

Sopore is Geelani's stronghold. It is the most violent of all places. Those who have operated there are well aware that this so because of Geelani. Sopore was a part of my watch.

Does he not plot and scheme with his lieutenants? Has the good Doctor seen that aspect?

Has Geelani not got blood on his hands?

Of course, the doctor can go to the most volatile places in Srinagar without his security to set up medical camps. No prizes for guessing why. Those areas are controlled by Geelani backed terrorists. Who will dare kill Geelani's doctor, the very doctor who is keeping him alive? And who is benefiting from the medical camps in the terrorist infested area? The terrorists and their sympathisers. So, why kill the Golden Goose?

I am not running down the good doctor who is ofcourse doing service by setting camps and bringing succour. However, the reality is not that straightforward as the good doctor writes.

Even Arundhuti Roy was all praise for the Maoists in her copious article that she wrote. Can anyone deny that the Maoist in their own warped ideology are also not single minded in their belief that their violent ways are for the good of the people? Could not some of the Maoist also be equally spartan and even kind in their personal lives?

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI

Stockholm syndrome.

Sopore is Geelani's stronghold. It is the most violent of all places. Those who have operated there are well aware that this so because of Geelani. Sopore was a part of my watch.

Does he not plot and scheme with his lieutenants? Has the good Doctor seen that aspect?

Has Geelani not got blood on his hands?

Of course, the doctor can go to the most volatile places in Srinagar without his security to set up medical camps. No prizes for guessing why. Those areas are controlled by Geelani backed terrorists. Who will dare kill Geelani's doctor, the very doctor who is keeping him alive? And who is benefiting from the medical camps in the terrorist infested area? The terrorists and their sympathisers. So, why kill the Golden Goose?

I am not running down the good doctor who is ofcourse doing service by setting camps and bringing succour. However, the reality is not that straightforward as the good doctor writes.

Even Arundhuti Roy was all praise for the Maoists in her copious article that she wrote. Can anyone deny that the Maoist in their own warped ideology are also not single minded in their belief that their violent ways are for the good of the people? Could not some of the Maoist also be equally spartan and even kind in their personal lives?
Thanks sir ; You just stole my words.

Geelani may be this, he may be that - but one thing is enough to hate him - He wants Kashmir to secede from India.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
We Killed The Sisters, Say 'LeT' Posters In Sopore

Two days after the Lashkar-e-Toiba denied having killed two sisters in Sopore, posters in the name of the militant outfit appeared in several mosques and on walls across the town, claiming responsibility for the murders.

Alleged Lashkar militants abducted two daughters of a poor labourer from their home in the evening of January 31, and shot them by the road some distance away.

"The girls killed four days ago were killed by the Lashkar-e-Toiba because not only was their behaviour not proper, they were also involved in the heinous crime of being (police) informers," read the posters in Urdu, written on Lashkar letterheads. "The girls didn't behave despite warnings from the Lashkar-e-Toiba time and again".

The posters contain a warning: "...Some conscience-less people have leveled serious allegations against Lashkar... (We) warn them to desist from any anti-movement activity. Otherwise, the Lashkar will be forced to act against them."

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/we-killed-the-sisters-say-let-posters-in-sopore/746659/

pmaitra

Shrinking 'civilian wall' frustrates LeT in Valley

Shrinking 'civilian wall' frustrates LeT in Valley

February 02, 2011; Rediff News

The killing of two Muslim girls at Sopore in Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday at the hands of Lashkar-e-Tayiba militants has shocked the world. The Lashkar, which normally claims that it does not target civilians, has acted in the most barbaric fashion this time.

The biggest support base for the Lashkar in Kashmir is from a section of the people. LeT is well aware that if that local support goes down even a bit for them, their battle in Kashmir is lost.

Sources in the Intelligence Bureau say that the recent killings show that the Lashkar is frustrated. Although investigations of if the girls were police informers are still on, the IB believes that this could be one of the primary reasons for the kill.

The IB says that the Lashkar is bound to get more frustrated in the days to come since there is a gradual change in the mindset of some people in the border areas of the state. The Lashkar enjoyed a great deal of support from these people.

Not only do they support the Lashkar militants with logistics but also provide them with shelter during their operations. This had made it extremely difficult for the security forces to carry out operations against them, since there is always this factor that the Lashkar hides behind civilians during anti-terror operations.

Recent intercepts suggest that the Lashkar would go aggressive on the civilians in the Valley as they find that there is resistance from the people.

The Indian government has been taking the claims by a section of the people very seriously and have realised that the only way to get that part of the population into their fold would be through talks and understanding their problems better. This has frustrated the Lashkar and the Pakistani establishment.

Imran Bilal, a Lashkar operative from Kashmir, said in his interrogation that the outfit thrived most on the sympathy of the local people.

"They provided us with logistics and shelter at all times and that made out battle against the Indian forces easier. Over there we were never viewed as terrorists, but as freedom fighters. Our biggest hideouts were in the houses of the people and it was hard for security forces to track us down," Bilal told his interrogators.

He also went on to say that there is a mindset among some people in Kashmir that the Indian government is not bothered about them in the border areas. This factor is being taken advantage of by the men from across the border and they use the civilians to further their goals.

Intelligence sources say that in the months to come there will be more changes in the mindset of the people and this will only make Pakistani spy agency Inter Services Intelligence and the Lashkar more aggressive.

They will look to target more civilians in order to spread fear amongst them in order to garner more support. The policy will be clear in the months to come: the Lashkar will target the informers of the Indian police and also all those civilians who go against their wishes and subscribe to the view of the Indian government.

Source: http://www.rediff.com/news/report/shrinking-civilian-wall-frustrates-let-in-valley/20110202.htm

Oracle

Sopore girls were friendly with Christian believers, says Kerala evangelist

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: An evangelist working with the Malankara Orthodox Church in Kerala has claimed that the killing of the two girls in Sopore in Kashmir may have had to do with the fact that they were friendly with some Christian believers in the area.

Paul Ciniraj Mohammed, director of the Salem Voice Ministries said he received a call from some contacts who told him about the killings and asked him to pray for them. "There are a couple of families in the area who are Muslim yet believe in the Gospel of Christ. The girls were known to them and were taught reading and writing by these families. I was told that the girls were also given some literature on the Bible for reading but they remained Muslims," explained Mohammed.

The 56-year-old told TOI that he did not know the girls personally. "The last time I went to Kashmir was 20 years ago. The girls would not even have been born then," he said.

Mohammed, who converted from Islam 35 years ago, said his ministry existed only as a prayer bulletin till 2000. "After that I used to send out letters through the internet, but even that has not happened after 2007," the evangelist said adding he was currently under medication for leukemia.

"The girls were from a very poor background. Their father worked in a ration shop and the teenagers were doing embroidery works. That's how they came into contact with some Christian believers who in turn introduced them to some books," said Mohammed.

He denied that there was any significant missionary work in Sopore and added that there were only a handful of Bible followers and even they have chosen to remain discreet out of fear.

Source

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles