Two key Army units moved towards Delhi: Indian Express

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by mikhail, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikhail

mikhail Senior Member Senior Member

Planned coup? Two key Army units moved towards Delhi without notifying the government on January 17, 2012.

The January night Raisina Hill was spooked: Two key Army units moved towards Delhi without notifying Govt - Indian Express

KS likes this.
  3. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

This is a hit job on the army chief

4. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

I have seen the army movements all over the south. I mean I was on a big tour by road just recently and I saw movements of artillery and tanks. The Army is practicing its mobilization really hard it seems.

Politicians should stay out of this and also the fear of a coup. The same army will save them if the Chini start their march.

bengalraider and Anshu Attri like this.
  5. plugwater

plugwater Elite Member Elite Member

How Army chief alone can stage a coup without the support of Airforce and Navy chiefs!! IMO its not possible to stage a successful coup in India.

ALBY likes this.
  6. Tronic

Tronic Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

BS!

Just the dirty, sleazy ass politicians with their paid media, purposely trying to bring disrepute to the army as an institution, after all the dirty corrupt games these politicians have been playing!

I'm disgusted by this news and the audacity of these sleazy two faced politicians and their monkeys in the media to try and plant such conspiracy theories against one of the last remaining prestigious and reputable institutions in this country.

7. lemontree

lemontree Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

This is stupid. There is one whole infantry brigade in Delhi itself.
    If the army wanted to play mischief, then this formation would have been used, and they would not move any other units.

8. Adux

Adux Senior Member Senior Member

Question is what has changed, The Indian Express so far has been supportive of the Chief. So now they have changed sides, moved to the abomination of News Media and Congress's frothing mouth piece , India Today. Sad, We have the Hindu and ToI left.

9. pankaj nema

pankaj nema Senior Member Senior Member

If there is so much distrust of the Indian Army then the political class must simply disband it

But dont level such false and baseless allegations

Dont humiliate the Indian army

10. Tronic

Tronic Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

It is merely being done to put doubts in the minds of Indians against the army. Nothing more. It's an old game politicians play.

11. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Dude..Navy will sail up the Yamuna and come or what ?..:D

In any nation, if the Army thinks its time for a coup, then its a coup until and unless loyalist units of the Army itself oppose it.

Did not put any doubts in my mind...curiously , I felt a positive vibe going about me when I read it.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
    plugwater likes this.
  12. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Two points here:
    • Do coups happen all over the world? Yes. So why this blind belief that the army, or part of it, cannot plot a coup? The army people are humans recruited from amongst us, the very Indians, who also produce corrupt leaders and officials. Is there no dishonesty in the security forces? Ketchup colonel anyone? Please, those from the Army, do not take this personally, because I am not accusing you; take it personally when I accuse you.
    • Why should the citizens not have the right to bear arms? Let us all have this right. Will people start shooting each other? Sure, they perhaps will. However, those that want to break the law, will anyway get weapons if they want to have them. If at least 50% of each of the families had at least one semi-automatic weapon and a box of 50 bullets at home, no country, whether PRC or Pakistan will dare enter this land, and even the army will think twice before participating in a coup.

13. KS

What is IA's Brigade 111 counterpart ?

14. lemontree

This is a doubt many Indians may welcome, seeing the state the political class has got the country into.

15. lemontree

None, the army will never take over the country, unless things become rather desperate and the civilian administration goes kaput.

Rahul M and sayareakd like this.
  16. KS

There is a third point :

What if the ruling party had really taken the country to the dogs and starts being a pawn of foreign nation and some nationalist, patriotic general decides to do a coup , keeping the interests of the country ?

I'm not particularly saying about India..but this is also a possible situation

Secondly I dont understand how civvies bearing arms will deter coups ? We have a nice fat example in Pakistan itself. They are probably only of the most gun addicted populace in the world..yet coups happen as regularly as daily morning shit there.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  17. KS

No no..I meant what is the infantry division (number) that is stationed in the capital ?

18. lemontree

I cannot give you that on an open forum.
    The div HQ is in Merrut, but a brigade of the div is in Delhi, with 3 infantry battalions stationed in the contonment.

19. pmaitra

This is w.r.t. the question what will civilians do?

You probably don't know, but there are stories, unsupported claims if you will, that keep circulating how civilians took on the army for days, yes, the army, not the police, state rifles or CRPF. Such stories can never be verified because they hurt the morale of the nations security forces and also exposes human rights abuses.

Could you explain why the US hasn't gone Pakistan way? I have a few answers, but then, sometimes I too search for answers.

20. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

This is perhaps the most probable reason behind all this propaganda, our democracy has not failed yet, i don't believe IA will do anything like that.

21. pmaitra

Wait, I don't quite get the connection between the army and democracy. The army doesn't vote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.