Two jawans killed as army tank sinks in pond

Someoneforyou

Two jawans killed as army tank sinks in pond
India - 4 June 2011

AHMEDNAGAR (Maharashtra): Two jawans of Mechanised Infantry Regimental Centre (MIRC) were killed when an army tank sank in an artificial pond here, a senior police official said today.

The jawans were undergoing training yesterday when suddenly the tank sank in the pond along with them, leading to their death, senior police officer S B Shaikh said.

The deceased were identified as Bhupinder Singh (24) and V P Naidu (26), he added.

Source: The Times of India

link: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-06-04/india/29620204_1_jawans-pond-tank

mayfair

RIP young jawaans. How the heck did this happen?

ganesh177

Country flag
If the tank was artificial why were the jawans not being saved ?

pmaitra

If the tank was artificial why were the jawans not being saved ?
The tank wasn't artificial, the pond was.

Or did you mean a water-tank by tank?

Well, let's say, a battle tank sank in a water tank.

In any case, I believe there were some technical snags and the crew got trapped or the hatches could not be opened on time. Usually there are people around to rescue. God knows what exactly happened.

RIP to the crew.

sandeepdg

RIP to the crew men !!. How the hell did this happen anyway, I would like to know more about this.

ganesh177

Country flag
The tank wasn't artificial, the pond was.

Or did you mean a water-tank by tank?

Well, let's say, a battle tank sank in a water tank.

In any case, I believe there were some technical snags and the crew got trapped or the hatches could not be opened on time. Usually there are people around to rescue. God knows what exactly happened.

RIP to the crew.
Sorry for typo, i mean pond* was artifiicial.

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
Two army jawans were killed on the spot and another injured when a military tank overturned at the MIRC military training centre in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra, police said today.

Three military jawans were driving the military tank when it overturned yesterday.

Bhupendra Singh (24) and V P Naidu (26) were trapped under the tank and killed, police sources said. The injured jawan was admitted to the Military Hospital.

The incident is being investigated, police added.

Two army jawans killed in accident in Ahmednagar | NetIndian | India News | Latest News from India | Breaking News from India | Latest Headlines

RIP

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles