Twin militant attacks in J&K, six armymen, 4 cops among 12 killed

pkroyal

RIP the brave hearts ! of Samba & Kathua.

Stop this damn debate & lets get some action.

Train at least 30 convicts on death row in India as " Swarg ke Sainik" (SKS) and let them loose inside Paki territory for an attack in Karachi.

If they survive ,it is God's Hand if not they go to Valhalla (Swarg for slain in battle). Let us name them Bagair desh ka Bhand ( Non State Actor)

pkroyal

We also need to ensure that whenever attacked we conduct operations like professionals.

Too many agencies converging at the point of action is uncalled for??

Cause more casualties than you suffer otherwise the publicity of headcounts plays up.

For this calm & steady does it.

Good to see APC's in action. Retaliate with maximum force avoiding own casualities

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Alright let them talk even If Indians die.

What will they talk about?

What will the PM return with to bring the back the morale higher than before?

He has brought nothing back whenever he talked.

So, what will this incompetent and feeble man do for India, when he has sold our interest every time?

He even showed a weak spine agreeing that India is destabilising Baluchistan at Sharm al Sheik!

What a great nationalist!

Last edited:

DivineHeretic

Country flag
What worries me is that soon the military will be so demoralised that the Govt does not care for it and contemptuously ignore their deaths for their agenda, may then just sit back and let things get worse but ensure that they themselves are fortified.

Then I wonder what Omar Obdullah and his uncle Mustafa Kamal, Salman Khurshed and Mms have to say!
This point of yours has had me worried for quite sometime now, though I conceede my line of thought is perhaps worse than yours.

In 2002 an attack by the LeT/HM/JeM killed killed as many as 30-32 family members of soldiers in J&K. The incident was retaliated at the local level ( with considerable brutality) which calmed the nerves of the Army.

That was then. Now we are seeing the feelings of the army, right from the lower rung to the upper echelon, being swept aside by the Government.

Periodically allowing release of pent up anger is vital to stability in any human, any organisation. Sweeping it aside does not make it go away. And everyone knows what bottled up fury does at the end.

It is impossible that the army will stage a coup or force a change in regime. They are too subservient to the govt and to the constitution to let that happen. Plus they are too far away to make such a move on Delhi anyway.

What may happen, and this is entirely my theory, is the senior commanders, incapable of tolerating any more of Govt. apathy towards the army and her troops, may stage a mass resignation or even refusal to accept direct orders. That could be in the form of Corps commanders resigning en mass in a last ditch attempt to bring public attention to their Point of view. It might be in the form of commanders refusing to pull out of certain orders against political wishes.

It may sound like a lot of fantasy to everyone. But we have already had one refusal from the Army. Back i. The days of emergency, the Army refused the dictat of the all powerful Indira Gandhi and refused to take over law and order roles in the country.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Imagine we are hit and our soldiers, police and civilians killed and we submit ourselves to the those who target us.

We must learn from Brazil where their head of State gave it back to the US for spying and Obama apologised.

If a nation like Brazil can take on the mighty US, must we submissive to such a third rate failed rogue nation as Pakistan?

Have we lost our sense of honour?
Just saw Arnab(TimesNow) telling the same example that Obama had a 20 min chat with Brazil not to cancel her visit in almost pleading way.

Here India is going ahead with "Taaalks" and "Dialaaaag".

I have said it before 100 times....... just give "moral support" to Baluchistan and twist and break another arm of Pakis after Bangladesh.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Why blame hijda MMS, when the country is run by the corrupt con-gress elite and an illiterate italian bar gal elected by the shameless people of this nation!

mikhail

Country flag
guys at last some good news coming from J&K.apparently the I.A. has surrounded a group of 30 tangos near the LoC and have managed to butcher at least 12 of those bast@rds!this is a completely different operation and it was started on 24th of this month...
J&K: Army foils infiltration bid, kills 12 terrorists in Kupwara
Srinagar: A major infiltration bid was foiled by Army and 10-12 terrorists were killed in the Kashmir Valley on Thursday, said General Officer Commanding 15 Corps Lieutenant General Gurmeet Singh. The Lt General said the troops at the Line of Control in the Keran sector of Kupwara district of north Kashmir spotted a group of 30 heavily armed terrorists trying to cross over to India from Pakistan and challenged them which was followed by a fierce gunbattle. "Heavy fire fighting is currently going on. Our forward troops have reported seeing 10 to 12 dead bodies of the terrorists," said Lt General Gurmeet Singh.

"Heavy fire fighting is currently going on. Our forward troops have reported seeing 10 to 12 dead bodies of the terrorists," Army said.
"The situation is under our control at the point of conflict. We had specific intelligence inputs. The infiltrators tried to evade thermal sensors by camouflaging themselves by using grass and bushes but the troops detected them and foiled the bid," he added. The group was cordoned off troops almost 200 to 300 metres from the LoC fencing on the Indian side and a gunbattle ensued.
J&K: Army foils infiltration bid, kills 12 terrorists in Kupwara
that's how we should deal with these bas#erds.great job done by the Jawans of the Rashtriya Rifles!

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
^^^^^^Has the GOI shown dead bodies of the terrorists? have they been identified as paki trained terrorists? or this is a secular face saving cover-up game played by GOI and its lapdogs in the army after daring terrorist attack!

This con-gress has made a joke out of armed forces for its nefarious secular objectives!

If this shyt goes on country is doomed by secular people!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Use the bhramos and set the target as ISI headquarters.

We need another war with the pakis, we must get the afghans on it aswell so they can grab chunks of western border while we dispose of pakis on the eastern one.

Simple_Guy

The 3 Pakistani terrorists sent to hell in Samba​

More photos in DAILY EXCELSIOR

all three fidayeen were heavily equipped with assault rifles, grenades and UBGL launchers, which they used at Hiranagar police station and Mehsar Army camp. While they had free access in Hiranagar police station, they found it very difficult to gain entry in the Army camp but ultimately managed it by lobbying series of grenades and resorting to firing.

There was no word from the BSF on infiltration of the militants but sources said they appeared to have entered into this side from the IB near Hariya Chak, where they made their first appearance.

The dirty sports shoes of slain militants also pointed out that they were part of fresh infiltration group.

The local people in Hiranagar were of the view that the police authorities should constitute more Village Defence Committees (VDCs) especially along the border areas.
The Dogra people of this area are well represented in army. Samba district has one of the highest numbers in the army. So it will be easy to make VDC out of the trained retired soldiers.

pkroyal

Sad, we live in a nation that does not have a national memorial since independence for the martyred soldier in the national capital.
Any other country the PM or any dignitary visits, he is made to place a wreath at the grave of the unknown soldier.
For the politician with little exposure beyond his grubby nose, nation building,morale of the army, troops welfare are alien concepts.
what they have, are criminal cases of rape, murder & loot.
Yet some of our seniors seem to be fawning over them for posts & plum appointments after retirement.
Beware ! select your friends &people you associate with care, lest you be labelled a toady of an oaf.

ladder

Country flag
BSF scans for point of entry

The BSF has launched an operation to identify the stretch from where the attackers could possibly have sneaked into India, a senior officer said.

A 50-km stretch from Kathua to the river Bansarkar has been identified for a BSF audit to be continued on Friday. On Thursday, a BSF search found "no evidence" to support intelligence agencies' claims of infiltration.

"We intensively patrolled the area but so far have not found any evidence that could lead us to believe the terrorists infiltrated from this area. To completely rule out any such possibility, we will carry out an operation again on Friday," said a senior BSF officer. An officer said there are four nullahs on this stretch and these are well lit from both sides. "We have handheld thermal imagers as well as night vision cameras. We are examining the footage," said the officer.

The officer said there had been several infiltration attempts earlier but security has been tightened since a BSF DIG was killed in a blast in the Samba sector in 2009. "After that incident a series of steps were taken to strengthen border security on the entire Jammu sector. There have been no successful infiltration attempts but this time we are told the terrorists managed to sneak in from this stretch; it is a cause for concern," said the officer.

Another officer said, "Some stretches are relatively not well lit. All aspects will be looked into."
BSF scans for point of entry - Indian Express

mikhail

Country flag
^^^^^^Has the GOI shown dead bodies of the terrorists? have they been identified as paki trained terrorists? or this is a secular face saving cover-up game played by GOI and its lapdogs in the army after daring terrorist attack!

This con-gress has made a joke out of armed forces for its nefarious secular objectives!

If this shyt goes on country is doomed by secular people!
Sir,this operation was going on from 24th september onwards and it's a totally different operation.i know that the majority of the members in this Forum are angry after watching the weak response from the GoI but sir lemme assure you one thing that the Indian Army is the only thing that has kept this nation in one piece for the last 6 decades.so when they are announcing the death of these tangos,we shouldn't start doubting their integrity!these are the same men who has given so much sacrifices for our country and that Kashmir remains a part of India is only due to their untiring and selfless sacrifices!so i for one will never ever doubt about the integrity of the Indian Army under any circumstance and i sincerely hope that you should also do the same and have some faith on our brave officers and jawans....

ladder

Country flag
'I tried to slow them, even trip my auto'

Roshan Lal, 37, was preparing to go to Dayalachak and fetch fresh vegetables for his shop at Haria Chak when the three terrorists in Army uniform suddenly emerged out of the forests.
Holding him at gunpoint, the bearded men asked him in Urdu to take them to Kathua town. Roshan bluffed them, saying Kathua was nearly 40 km to the east and it would take ages to reach there in an auto.

"They then asked me to take them to the national highway, where they would board some other vehicle," Roshan tells The Indian Express at Government Medical College Hospital, Jammu, where he is being treated for bullet and splinter injuries.

When they did reach Chadwal, however, the terrorists did not step out. "They asked me to take them to any big army or paramilitary camp," Roshan says.

"I tried my best to bring them to the notice of police or paramilitary personnel, but there was no one in the early morning," he adds. "I drove slow on the highway. I even thought of overturning my vehicle. I then drove toward Hiranagar hoping to take them towards the international border. When we reached a CRPF camp, they suddenly slapped me for taking them in the wrong direction and asked me to take them back towards the highway."

On the return leg, the three saw some people including cops outside Hiranagar police station and told him to stop. As they got off, Roshan Lal too jumped out. The terrorists opened fire and threw a grenade at him. He stretched out on the ground and got away with bullet wounds and splinter injuries in a leg and an arm.

The terrorists went to the police station where cops were beginning their day, bathing, brushing their teeth, performing yoga or ironing their clothes.

"I was in my room on the first floor when I heard gunshots," says ASI Gangu Ram of Billawar. "Instead of coming down to the ground floor, I went up on the second floor to find out where the firing was taking place. One of the terrorists saw me and opened fire. As I fell, he thought I was dead and went towards rooms on the second floor,'' he added.

On the second floor, terrorists knocked on the door of a room where constable Ratan Lal and another policemen were getting ready for the day. As they did not answer the knocks, the terrorists shot through the door and the cops jumped out of a window, fracturing their legs. The terrorists fired through the window, injuring Roshan Lal and killing his companion.

There were over two dozen policemen inside the police station; four were killed besides the owner of a shop. The policemen were still recollecting themselves when the terrorists left the police station in a truck, which the police had seized. They killed the helper of the truck too.

They made the truck driver take them to Samba. They got down on the highway and proceeded towards the Army camp. The driver eventually returned to Hiranagar. At the Army camp near Samba, the terrorists killed or fatally wounded an officer and three jawans before all three were killed by around 6 pm.
Jammu terror attacks: ‘I tried to slow them, even trip my auto’ - Indian Express

mahesh

Country flag
can't the bloody terrorist be caught alive ?

or may be that will be a head ache for the government and forces to bring them in front of justice and wait for long standing judgment. wasting the time for securing "rotten rats".

but we could have got the intel, still those b@st@rds are trained to misguide use, So better be dead............... But i would prefer tortured killing.

Vishwarupa

Country flag
RIP to our brave solders who lost their lives serving our country very sad state of affairs.

My reading of the situation is that this fiyadeen attack is well planned & executed by Khangress(ISI) with support from US Intelligence.

Khangrees was under fire from all section of media, opposition parties & public for diluting Liability law with US. Khangress wanted the whole nation to divert their attention on other issues so that they can silently concentrate of passing the civil nuclear deal with US.

Now if you see the whole nation is discussing, debating & questioning about gandu MMS meeting nawas sheriff in US & latest attack by pakis. I fell the US & Khangrees have achieved what they wanted ie they have diverted the whole nation to discuss about Pakistan. NO ONE IS ASKING ANYTHING ABOUT LIABILITY LAW.

I congratulate MrS sonia G for diverting our attention & silently selling our country to US. Guys if you all remember Sonia had been to US for medical check-up early this month & I am sure she would have discussed Nuclear liability law with US during her visit.

It doesn't matter for cong(ISI) if few our solders are die but what matters to them is the money from US & power. Shame on you Khangress( ISI) for playing such dirty games with Indians & selling our country.

If you all notice there are lots of things which has come up off late like VK Singh, Ordinance protecting convicted lawmakers, BCCI banning Lalit modi( which is not of strategic importance to India). I feel liability law with US is more important than discussing lalit modi.

Anyways khangress is achieving what it wants.

Blood+

Country flag
Would like to ask one thing to the informed persons here.
If we are to believe the NDTV,the militants first killed the sentry at the gate of army camp and entered through the gate and not jumping above the fence.Seems like there was only a lone sentry at the gate totaly exposed without any defensive constructions!!
My question is why is that so??Is it that our soldiers' lives come that cheap??!!I mean how difficult is it to construct a couple of medium sized reinforced concrete pillboxes and guard towers with some NSVs and Mag 58 emplacements at the gates and reguler intervals of the perimeter fencing??These are quite common in all over the world,then why don't we do that??

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Would like to ask one thing to the informed persons here.
If we are to believe the NDTV,the militants first killed the sentry at the gate of army camp and entered through the gate and not jumping above the fence.Seems like there was only a lone sentry at the gate totaly exposed without any defensive constructions!!
My question is why is that so??Is it that our soldiers' lives come that cheap??!!I mean how difficult is it to construct a couple of medium sized reinforced concrete pillboxes and guard towers with some NSVs and Mag 58 emplacements at the gates and reguler intervals of the perimeter fencing??These are quite common in all over the world,then why don't we do that??
The terrorist were wearing army fatigues.

So, when anyone uniform arrives at the Gate, the sentry checks his Identity Card.

Now, in that process the sentry can be killed if the one is a terrorist in Army fatigue.

Even one of the QRT was killed.

Actually, you can't keep the whole unit out as mere 'guards' with towers etc.

They have to do administrative duties, do training and so on, including have chaps relieving the sentries posted after their duties.

Therefore, it is not that easy as one would like to believe to make an unit a fortress.

Where one could tie up is that when the Hiranagar PS was attacked, there should have been a State wide alarm communicated to all concerned.

Now, such a thing obviously did not exist.

If that had been done all security outfits would have been geared up to ensure no untoward terrorist incidents occured.

Further, in terrorist prone areas, there should be regular helicopter surveillance and even QRTs which are helicopter borne.

That would be a better proposition than buying fancy aircraft and helicopters for the otherwise clueless and moribund Ministers and others or even BMVs and other fancy cars for these chaps!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles