Twin explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkrn

Overwhelming majority? And yes, I can fault him for drawing that sort of inference, since it in no way shows that Pakistanis are all terrorists. Think of it this way, if there are 1 million Pakis living abroad, and 1000 of them are terrorists out of a total worldwide total of 2000 terrorists, it still means only 1/1000 Pakistanis are terrorists. Punishing the other 999/1000 just to prove a point is racist and unfair.
the question is ,is it worth to keep 999 good muslims for 1 terrorist?

your view is appreciated

Tianshan

No doubt about that. Nobody else has used that kind of terror tool so extensively in recent times. So it is natural that the suspicion turns to some of the known suspects like Al Qaida and Taliban and its known supporters like Yemenis, Pakistanis.
Whatever we think about it, there will definitely be investigation of that angle and no point if some whine about being branded with terrorism after choosing to sleep with terrorists -- whatever their justifications.
when i heard it was multiple co-ordinated blast in public area then my mind went immediately to islamic terrorism.

so that is most likely. though it could be a copy-cat since this method seems effective in a bad way.

do any other type of terrorist use this method, in recent years?

Last edited:

drkrn

This has to Arapes not Bakis as people think.

The biggest enemy of Al-Qaeda is USA.

Pakis and ISI can do such Terror Attacks on US soil but will not do it.

Only last week was the aid increased 40%, why would ISI put the axe on its feet?
isi might not do it,but AL-queda sympathizers might help those people

tramp

when i heard it was multiple co-ordinated blast in public area then my mind went immediately to islamic terrorism.

so that is most likely. though it could be a copy-cat since this method seems effective in a bad way.

Islamists are the ones using this method of creating terror and multiple bombs too. But I heard some analysts suggesting the lack of sophistication in the devices may discount direct Al Qaeda type organisation involvement. Moreover, a place like Boston being chosen. not New York, Washington or Los Angeles gives strength to domestic angle... perhaps inspired by some kind of extremist ideology.

pmaitra

Yes, Multiple Train Bombings in Mumbai in 2006. Multiple blasts in first class carriages on the Western Line, between Churchgate and Borivali, in several commuter rains, all between 5:30 pm and 6 pm, when people are returning home and the trains are jammed and packed with crowds. The objective was to cause maximum number of deaths.

pmaitra

the question is ,is it worth to keep 999 good muslims for 1 terrorist?

your view is appreciated
Yes, remember majority of Muslims are not terrorists, but simply want to lead a normal life. However, in case of Pakistan, I have reasons to believe a majority of them are sympathetic to the jihadi cause, and for them, the question after modifying your's is, is it worth keeping 1 good Pakistani for 999 Pakistani terrorist or terrorist sympathizers? My answer is no.

Patriot

Country flag
Good to have an EOD expert on DFI. :rolleyes:
RIP.
Puny or big bomb but it has served it's purpose of attacking the United States of America & creating the terror among the masses. In addition two casualities of the innocent citizens.

I failed to understand for how long US will keep sponsoring terrorism world over along with it's own soil.

One thing is for sure there is high possibility of Paki involvement. Apart from that may be Paki's operatives working in collusion with China & NK in this case to divert US attention.

Moreover US is not in a position to take any strong action against Paki due to it's exit plan from Afganistan & cureent NK issue.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
This reminds me of Norway 2011. Why would an Islamist group target a marathon in Boston? Makes no sense.

I am betting its the work of a domestic radical, like Breivik. But let the authorities investigate further and determine the true perpetrators.

bose

Country flag
RIP for the dead... My prayers for those injured may GOD give them strength to over come the trauma...

We need to hunt down the bastards and give them the worst possible death...

Blackwater

This reminds me of Norway 2011. Why would an Islamist group target a marathon in Boston? Makes no sense.

I am betting its the work of a domestic radical, like Breivik. But let the authorities investigate further and determine the true perpetrators.
can be,let see, what comes in investigation

sorcerer

Country flag
Multiple blasts with less sophistication..
Trade mark method with a cover?

lots of information comin from the news..

tramp

i am well aware of islamic extremism problem in pakistan, but they are not the only ones who have this problem. i think we can all agree on this.
They are not the only one with this problem. But the camps/indoctrination centres in the mountains of Pakistan have become the nerve centre of extremism throughout the world. That is why whenever there is major terror strike and somebody is picked up, some or other link to these centres get uncovered. That is the issue here.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yusuf, at a time at which over a dozen Americans had their limbs cut off by bombs or were killed, how come your first few thoughts immediately go to geopolitics?
Coz Americans are busy trying to find good Taliban and bad Taliban. There cannot be a good terrorist and bad one. The US continuous to shower sponsors of terror with aid and weapons. So yes, it's a wake up call for them in a very unfortunate manner. But that's how terror is. It sees no one in its wake. The US has to fight the WoT in earnest and not be selective as it sees fit.

tramp

Coz Americans are busy trying to find good Taliban and bad Taliban. There cannot be a good terrorist and bad one. The US continuous to shower sponsors of terror with aid and weapons. So yes, it's a wake up call for them in a very unfortunate manner. But that's how terror is. It sees no one in its wake. The US has to fight the WoT in earnest and not be selective as it sees fit.
What if the blasts indeed get linked to an Islamist terrorist trained in an LeT terror camp? That would be a fitting present for their time-serving policies in Pakistan!!

sorcerer

Country flag
What if the blasts indeed get linked to an Islamist terrorist trained in an LeT terror camp? That would be a fitting present for their time-serving policies in Pakistan!!
Absolutely right.
I agree with Yusuf on this. we have been telling the Americans the same thing., But they have their version of Good , bad and the Ugly terrorists.
Its hard to say who is right.But so far it seems like India is right on these issues.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Any links to ancient land of pakistan established so far ????
if not, iam sure it will be soon
if any links to pak found out,it will be end of story of pak as republic
Overwhelming majority? And yes, I can fault him for drawing that sort of inference, since it in no way shows that Pakistanis are all terrorists. Think of it this way, if there are 1 million Pakis living abroad, and 1000 of them are terrorists out of a total worldwide total of 2000 terrorists, it still means only 1/1000 Pakistanis are terrorists. Punishing the other 999/1000 just to prove a point is racist and unfair.
Just shut up.
Oye Chinese... you can threaten or even kill your Chinese like that but this is not a Chinese forum and neither we are Chinese so shut up and go back to CCP land where they roll over tanks for talking truth.

It's absolutely ok to guess where the terrorists might be linked to since almost all are linked back to Motherland of Islamic Terrorism's aka Pakistan.

First Successful Attack on US soil since 9/11.
May Obama Double Aid-s to Islamic Republic of Pakistan including a Squadron of F-35.
Pakis are US "ally" so expect Pakis to be rewarded well as usual.These terrorism activities is a response to it's global policies of spreading chaos,unrest and bloodshed.

btw as I said US would not "attack" Pak unless it suffers a massive attack on US mainland ie something like a nuke attack or 9/11 type .

what proof you want. newyork bomber ahmed shezad was paki,
london 7/7 bombers were of pak origin and went to training to pak.
david headly who confess involvment in 26/11 mumbai incident is half paki and links to ISI.
if these and more proof are not enough than its ur mental problem.
No proof needed to give it to idiots like him.He knows it and intentionally supporting and protecting Pakis on the level of trolling.

don't know about pakistan, but i think co-ordinated blast in public area is hallmark of islamic extremists in recent times.
i am well aware of islamic extremism problem in pakistan, but they are not the only ones who have this problem. i think we can all agree on this.
And Islamic extremists live in Republic of Antarctica? Are you scared to link the terrorists to its country of origin or it's banned by CCP since Pak is the "friend" of China? :lol:

Even you are affected by Paki terrorists in Xianjing so its amazing how Chinese are so annoyed even if Pakis are linked to any terrorist attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles