TV Debate between Afghans and Pakistanis - Sarhad ke us paar

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Re: TV Debate between Afghans and Pakistanis - Sarhad je us paar

Afghans can't slap forked tongue Pakistanis better then this.

The first guy told them in simple words that they know your double standards.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Re: TV Debate between Afghans and Pakistanis - Sarhad je us paar

Afghans can't slap forked tongue Pakistanis better then this.

The first guy told them in simple words that they know your double standards.
The first guy is Amerullah Saleh, ex-intelligence chief of Afghanistan. He knew Pakistani double play from the beginning. He is very articulate and clear about what should Afghanistan be.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Amrullah Saleh is a great man, a true patriot.

I see him back in a top job in the next government. Hanif Atmar may even become president if he nominates himself.
Mate you need to get more Afghans to this forum. We need to share our thoughts as we are going to enter an absolutely crucial phase in or lives.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
By the way, Amerullah Saleh is a protege of Ahmed Shah Massoud and was active in Northern Alliance. He is taken seriously in the western circles as well. He is sure has a good future in Afghan national security set-up but we need to see how every thing will pan-out.

In that video, he clearly exposes pakistani double game.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I have seen many interviews and speeches by Amrullah Saleh. He is a very charismatic speaker and hence has the potential of becoming a great Afghan leader. In addition, he worked under Ahmed Shah Masood, and has modern and progressive views. He wants to develop Afghanistan and I believe he's capable enough of doing it, but I'm not sure how much support he has domestically, and especially if the Americans would like to see him as a future Afghan leader.

The Pakis can't stand him, and Musharraf personally called him something like arrogant and despicable.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
A graet find and some lucid talk from Afghan side

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The Pakistan Army and the ISI are continuing to support militant groups like the Haqqani network that are fighting the NATO-ISAF forces by providing safe haven to them. This is so even as the Pakistan Army itself faces well coordinated attacks by Pakistani Taliban like the TTP and the TNSM from across the border. The continuing stand-off in US-Pakistan relations has led to hardened attitudes on both sides, with the United States continuing with its strategy of trans-border drone strikes to eliminate the al Qaeda leadership and Pakistan refusing to launch operations against the TTP in North Waziristan.

Pakistan still seeks 'strategic depth' in Afghanistan and would prefer to have a pliable regime in Kabul when the NATO-ISAF mission ends in 2014. Pakistan does not support the Afghan reconciliation process – unless it is conducted on Pakistan's terms – since a successful outcome will reduce Pakistan's role in conflict resolution. Pakistan has failed to appreciate that continuing insurgency in Afghanistan, especially close to its border, will fuel instability in its own northwest and further destabilise a volatile part of the country when its economy is in ruins and the political situation is spiralling out of control. Pakistan seeks to limit India's influence in Afghanistan and opposes the induction of Indian troops as well as in-situ training. However, the recent improvement in relations with India may lead to Pakistan being willing to discuss the role that India might play in future in contributing to Afghanistan's socio-economic development

Peace and Stability in Afghanistan: The Role of Neighbours | Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Sharhad Ke Us Par :

Pakistan
Iran
Russia
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Uzbekistan
China

and

India

datguy79

Mate you need to get more Afghans to this forum. We need to share our thoughts as we are going to enter an absolutely crucial phase in or lives.
I am sure they will turn up. I was myself a lurker for a long time :)

I have seen many interviews and speeches by Amrullah Saleh. He is a very charismatic speaker and hence has the potential of becoming a great Afghan leader. In addition, he worked under Ahmed Shah Masood, and has modern and progressive views. He wants to develop Afghanistan and I believe he's capable enough of doing it, but I'm not sure how much support he has domestically, and especially if the Americans would like to see him as a future Afghan leader.

The Pakis can't stand him, and Musharraf personally called him something like arrogant and despicable.
I believe this is what you are referring to?
Osama bin Laden death: Afghanistan 'had Abbottabad lead four years ago' | World news | guardian.co.uk

Saleh has said he is not interested in the presidency for now, and sadly I don't think the country is ready for a non-Pashtun president, so it makes Atmar the more likely candidate given that he is Pashtun and already has his own political party set up. However, I think the guy with the real shot is Atta Muhammad Nur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Tolaha

^^Anyone who worked with Ahmed Shah Massoud would do as Afghan leader! :) BTW your link says that Atta Muhammad Nur is an ethnic Tajik. Don't you see any chances of Abdullah Abdullah trying his luck for the second time?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I am sure they will turn up. I was myself a lurker for a long time :)

I believe this is what you are referring to?
Osama bin Laden death: Afghanistan 'had Abbottabad lead four years ago' | World news | guardian.co.uk

Saleh has said he is not interested in the presidency for now, and sadly I don't think the country is ready for a non-Pashtun president, so it makes Atmar the more likely candidate given that he is Pashtun and already has his own political party set up. However, I think the guy with the real shot is Atta Muhammad Nur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Where is Abdullah Abdullah?

Splurgenxs

Country flag
Pakistan breaks all barriers of indecency when dealing with AFG. just looking at the Pakistani panel/people and its posture.

Really these little Paki turds got some nerve. Biggest buffoons on the planet and they talk like there the shit.

Afg needs to get up (and it will) and make Pakistan grovel in the shit its in.

datguy79

^^Anyone who worked with Ahmed Shah Massoud would do as Afghan leader! :) BTW your link says that Atta Muhammad Nur is an ethnic Tajik. Don't you see any chances of Abdullah Abdullah trying his luck for the second time?
The consensus within the opposition is that there needs to be one single unified candidate in order to avoid splitting the vote. So far Nur appears to be that guy. He is like our Narendra Modi, in a sense. He already has administrative experience and has done a lot for Balkh province including education, afghanistan's only railway, factories, real estate, etc. In short, he has the track record. I will talk about Abdullah down the page.

Where is Abdullah Abdullah?
In the 2009 elections, Abdullah was thoroughly outmaneuvered by Karzai, though Karzai did cheat and stuff the ballot box.

In Afghan elections, Tajiks and Pashtuns tend to vote along ethnic lines, thus none can win an election outright. Thus, they have to get the vote of the Hazara and Uzbeks, who tend to vote for whomever makes them the tallest promises. Karzai capitalized on this quickly and thus he won all but the most Tajik-heavy provinces. The only reason the vote went to a second round was because people in the Pashtun areas didn't vote in high enough numbers due to insecurity (though this was supplanted by karzai cronies stuffing the ballot box.) Karzai is doing the same this time around by making the vote in March, which would prevent people in the north, where there will still be snow in some areas, from voting in big numbers:mad:

But Abdullah really looked weak to everyone when he refused to run in the run-off. handing the election over to Karzai. Nowadays he is mostly a spokesman and senior strategist for the opposition, a role which i think suits him best.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles