Truth about Innocent Hindus being killed in Punjab

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned
Just an aside, both Gill and Ribeiro admit to using Black CATS (forget acronym) essentially, both DGPS admit to sending men on their payroll out to harm lakhs of civilians to make the sikh community turn against itself.

VJKVJF||
---
ਸੰਤ ਜਰਨੈਲ ਸਿੰਘ ਭਿੰਡਰਾਵਾਲਿਆ ਦਾ ਹਿੰਦੂਆ ਦੀ ਕੁੜੀ ਦਾ ਜਾਲਾਲਬਾਦ ਵਿੱਚੋ ਉੱਚ ਜਾਤੀ ਵਾਲਿਆ ਕੋਲੋ ਸ਼ੋਸਣ ਹੋਣ ਤੋ ਬਚਾਉਣਾ, ਗਰੀਬ ਦੀ ਤਾ ਕੋਈ ਅਖਬਾਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਖਬਰ ਨਹੀ ਲਾਉਦਾ ਪਰ ਉੱਚ ਜਾਤੀ ਵਾਲਿਆ ਵੱਲੋ ਸੰਤਾ ਦੇ ਖਿਲਾਫ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ ਪੈਸਾ ਲਾਉਣਾ ਸੁਭਾਵਕ ਸੀ॥ ਹੁਣ ਇਹ ਜੀਭਚੱਟੇ "ਕਾਮਰੇਡ" ਰੌਲਾ ਪਾ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ ਕੇ ਸਿੰਘ ਲੋਕਾ ਦੇ ਘਰ ਪਨਾਹ ਲੈਦੇ ਸਨ ਅਤੇ ਉਹਨਾ ਦੀਆ ਧੀਆ ਦੀਆ ਪੱਤਾ ਰੋਲਦੇ ਸਨ॥ ਹੁਣ ਇਹਨਾ ਭੌਦੂਆ ਨੂੰ ਜੋ ਲਿੱਖਿਆ ਲਿਖਾਇਆ ਮਸਾਲਾ ਜੋ ਮਿੱਲ ਗਿਆ ਉਹ ਪੜ ਕੇ ਕੰਮਜੋਰ ਦਿੱਲ ਵਾਲੇ ਅਪਣੇ ਦਿੱਲ ਵਿੱਚ 28 ਸਾਲਾ ਤੋ ਅਪਣੇ ਮੰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਜਹਿਰ ਪਾਲਦੇ ਰਹੇ ਪਰ ਸੱਚਾਈ ਤੋ ਅੱਜ ਵੀ ਅਣਜਾਣ ਹਨ ਸੋ ਇਹਨਾ ਦੀ ਜਹਿਰ ਕੱਟਣ ਲਈ ਇਹ ਟੀਕਾ ਤਿਆਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ ਸਾਇਦ ਅਸਰ ਕਰ ਜਾਵੇ ਵੈਸੇ ਸਾਡੀ ਅਪਣੀ ਪਨੀਰੀ ਨੂੰ ਇਹਨਾ ਦੇ ਘੱਟੀਆ ਪੁਣੇ ਤੋ ਜਾਣੂ ਕਰਵਾਉਣਾ ਵੀ ਕਾਫੀ ਜਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ॥
Tribune newspaper on 11-11-83 printed a report called 'Discovery of Turbans' written by Dr. Lalawati & I.S Iyangar thought to belive in this that the passengers "Hindus" were dragged out of the bus and killed was not work of the real Kharku's but work of the non- kharkus who happens to be dressed like Sikhs and were wearing Turbans. As Darbar Sahib complex was garrisoned along with other Gurudwara's every person going in and out was searched thorougly including ration as it was believed that so called Terrorists were hiding in the Darbar Sahib Complex and they would come out and kill innocent Hindus and go back in hiding. List of 40 Singh's with proper names was sent to center Govt and C.R.P, B.S.F & Punjab police along with few intelligence agencies were on the spot to catch these Singh's but during 18 months of Garrison they failed to arrest or catch EVEN one Singh with so called weapons or Singh's killing any innocent Hindu.
So now the Question is who were killing these innocent Hindus? Comrades being revolutionaries yet the ass lickers of the Govt of India were on the pay roll to provide information of any Singh whom they did not like so for job security they were giving names of innocent Sikh youths who were taken to Police Stations, extorted for money, tortured and eventually killed. State sponsored Terrorism was at it's best and to date properties of these Singh's have been taken over by Police officials and few has been turned into Police Stations or such. If Govt of Punjab and Comrades are so pure human being than why human rights organizations were not allowed in Punjab to tell the world truth? Let's not forget Shahid Jaswant Singh Khalra a human right's activist who exposed 25000 deaths of innocents from the cremation grounds by the Punjab Police just in one district of Punjab. All these boys and their families were extorted for money during repeated arrests, tortured, female members of the family were gang raped, their are living victims who have stated that they were stripped butt naked and were forced to lie down on their father and much more went on and yet these comrades are talking about bringing what revolution with their lies of Kharku's killing innocent Hindus? Jaswant Singh Khalra along with his wife and 3 years old kids was picked up by Punjab Police, tortured and killed his wife and 3 yrs old boy was also cut open and peppers were stuffed in his wounds and eventually boy died. And nobody would want to be repeatedly torture to such extend or humliated so few boys un willingly ran out of their homes and joined the real Kharkus for revenge and gave the hell to the forces of State sponsored terrorism now the deal was handful vs. the whole state funded by A country and they gave the real MATCH for these goons in uniforms.Back to Question how did some of the fake Kharkus that who created them??Sarab Hind Congress i issued a report 'Conspiracy Exposed' and was printed in Indian Express dated September 4, 1984 which stated "Pakistani agents disguised as Sikh were trained in Kasur area of Pakistan by brigadier artillery regiment. These men, in batches of 300 - 400 were given there to four months intensive training. Most of those trained in these camps & training centers were smugglers, proclaimed offenders and criminals...." There were other active centers and they were brought in via Rajisthan border.
S.M. Sathananthan Managing editor Transatlantic India on 15-12-83 wrote under article "Hindu-Sikh Conflict in Punjab, causes and cure" in this he writes 'Sikh leaders claim that the recent killings of innocent Hindus in the bus, near the border were not committed by the Sikhs, appears to be credible and thought provoking' May 1985 Magazine Surya on page 42 writes something like this "Mrs. Gandhi had decided that she was to take on the new role in her life the role of the protector of Hindus.... She had planned that there shall be a conflict between the Hindus & Sikhs, in which the grand strategy was that the Hindus shall be first left unprotected, let them be killed for a while, let them become angry, so angry that they will seek revenge. The Hindus & Sikhs will then go at each other's throat. and then I will tell the Hindus, 'Look I can only protect you."
There were few incidents when real Kharkus countered fake Kharkus to defame them and they were set to fire alive for doing the evils. I think there was one incident that real Kharkus's were hiding close to a village near Batala and nearby house had a wedding and fake Kharkus's 'black cats' landed at the house demanded food and shelter and eventually started to miss-behave with the bride and her brother stepped forward and he was shot down by these agent's of the Punjab Police at the gun shot real Kharkus moved closer and without an en counter the agent's gave up and started to beg at this they were brought out of the village given shower with kerosine and set to fire to set an example that who ever will try to defame them with such evil will meet such an end.
Now such false prapoganda by few agents of fanatic Hindu organizations forced me to write this and few young singh's have requested to pull out such materials for the sake of humanity to educate the world. I think it's not BAD Idea as if these guys can get on the net and pollute with their hate why not we start cleaning up by speaking TRUTH with dated material?
Note: ਸਾਡੇ ਇੱਕ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਵੀਰ ਨੇ ਕਈ ਸਾਲ ਪਹਿਲਾ ਬੱਸ ਵਿੱਚੋ ਕੱਢ ਕੇ ਮਾਰੇ ਗਏ ਅਪਣੇ ਬਾਪ ਬਾਰੇ ਬੜੇ ਕੀਰਨੇ ਪਾਏ ਸਨ ਕੇ ਕਿਵੇ ਉਹ ਅਪਣੀ ਮਾ ਦੇ ਹੰਝੂ ਪੂਜਦਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਕਿਵੇ ਮੁਸਕਲਾ ਨਾਲ ਬੜਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਕੁੱਝ ਦਿਨਾ ਬਾਅਦ ਜਦੋ ਅਸੀ ਗੱਲ ਘੁਮਾ ਕੇ ਪੁੱਛਿਆ ਕੇ ਕਿਹੜੇ ਸੰਨ ਦਾ ਜਨਮ ਹੈ ਤਾ ਝੱਟ ਬੋਲਿਆ ਕੇ ੧੯੮੬ ਦਾ ਤਾ ਇਸ ਨੌਟੰਕੀ ਮਾਸਟਰ ਨੂੰ ਯਾਦ ਕਰਵਾਇਆ ਗਇਆ ਕੇ ਜਿਸ ਬੱਸ ਕਾਂਢ ਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਤੂੰ ਕਰਦਾ ਉਹ ਤਾ ੧੯੮੩ ਵਿੱਚ ਹੋਇਆ ਸੀ॥ ਏਵੇ ਹੀ ਇੱਕ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਬੱਚੇ ਨੇ ੧੯੮੪ ਦੇ ਦੰਗਿਆ ਵਿੱਚ ਸਿੱਖਾ ਦੀ ਦੱਬ ਕੇ ਮੱਦਦ ਕੀਤੀ ਸੀ ਤੇ ਬਾਅਦ ਵਿੱਚ ਪਤਾ ਚੱਲਿਆ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਬੱਚਾ ੮੪ ਵਿੱਚ ਸਿਰਫ ੩ ਸਾਲਾ ਦੇ ਸਨ..... ਇਹ ਝੂਠੇ ਤੇ ਕੂੜ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ਕਰਕੇ ਕਿਵੇ ਇੰਨਸਾਨੀਅਤ ਦੀਆ ਗੱਲਾ ਕਰਨ ਤੁਰ ਪੈਦੇ ਹਨ? ਇਹਨਾ ਜੀਭਚੱਟ ਕਾਮਰੇਡਾ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼ਰਮ ਆਉਣੀ ਚਾਹੀਦੀ ਹੈ ਇਹੋ ਜਿਹੇ ਜਹਿਰ ਉੱਗਲਦਿਆ॥

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned
Re: Truth about Innocent Hindus being killed in Punjab "Such as hindu

Wanted to also add this interview with a former BSF officer:

INTERVIEW WITH ARDAMANJIT SINGH.PART 1 - YouTube

Who reveals for example that the DGP would ask for a quota of militants to be caught, and in return would shield lower level officers from prosecution. (For the murder they're comitting)

parijataka

Country flag

Lot of very bad things happened in Punjab which kids of today are not aware of.

Tronic

@SinghSher1984 this paper is an excellent read on the modus operandi of the intelligence and security forces: Counter-Insurgency in India: Observations from Punjab and Kashmir | Telford | Journal of Conflict Studies

What your first post states, this paper already talks about. The biggest strength of an insurgency is popular support. Indian agencies have countered this by infiltrating militant groups and carrying out actions which alienate these groups from the people, as well as create fractions among the militants themselves. This strategy has been used effectively in both Punjab and Kashmir.

Last edited by a moderator:

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned

I've read the paper, and many others; so you have no problem with this? Stuff like operation shudi karan, woodrose, mass murder, mass rape all in the name of Jai Hind?

As a hindu, or even a person you don't think it'll come back to bite??

Tronic

I've read the paper, and many others; so you have no problem with this? Stuff like operation shudi karan, woodrose, mass murder, mass rape all in the name of Jai Hind?

As a hindu, or even a person you don't think it'll come back to bite??

Obviously there are blowbacks to not resolving political issues, as can already be seen in Punjab with a growing number of alienated youth turning to heroification of the militants. India has many flaws. Secession is not the answer, but neither is the current authoritarian culture/setup sustainable in the long term. (And I'm a Sikh, not Hindu).

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned

Obviously there are blowbacks to not resolving political issues, as can already be seen in Punjab with a growing number of alienated youth turning to heroification of the militants. India has many flaws. Secession is not the answer, but neither is the current authoritarian culture/setup sustainable in the long term. (And I'm a Sikh, not Hindu).
Self-determination is inevitable, but I see you. Stay safe,

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...48036309.22123.100003162729433&type=1&theater

I think with stuff like this, secession is inevitable especially now that we're a minority in Punjab.

edit - For those who don't want to click links,

not only is there a mandir in AMRITSAR that's a copy of Darbar Sahib, there's a memorial of Indira Gandhi or should I say maimuna begun or mrs. feroze khan, plus vaidya and many others going on.

All I have to say, on this anniversay:

Khalistan Zindabad
Bharat Mata Zindabad
India Julum Sarkar Murdabad.

Mods have full discretion to edit this post for safety, and secrecy. I know they 'can' anyway, but respect.

VJKVJF||

edit - I realize in the end, compromise is the best solution but with the people of India the government is corrupt as all know.
There obviously were many Khalistani Terrorists and still are, even the whole this many thousands at some shaheeds funeral may be fake as well, according to Gill's report which I have not verified there were loads of trolleys and trucks to forcefully take people one place to another.

Gill, also claims 20k people died while Khalra who was later tortured and murdered as well as his 3 year old son confirmed 30k+ just in the creation grounds of Tarn Taran which today has 1.4mil so half that before, counting half women etc. likely whole generation was murdered there.

In the end, there are tales of valor from both sides, however the Indian gov. side is the wrong one here:

All I have to say,

There are three award's that are given out for Sikh brave men. Surbir Yodha Award, Baba Banda Singh Bahadar Award and Shri Dashmesh Chakar Award. Bhai Fauja Singh Ji of Akhand Kirtan Jatha received Surbir Yodha award on Vaisakhi of 1978, on 4th June 1984 Sant Bhindranwale, Bhai Amrik Singh, and General Shubeg Singh received Baba Banda Singh Bahadar award, on 31st October 1984 Bhai Beant Singh Ji received Baba Banda Singh Bahadar award and Satwant Singh received Surbir Yodha award. On 8th April 1990 for the first time Bhai Jugraj Singh Ji received Sri Dashmesh Chakar award, which is the highest award given to a Sikh martyr.

Almost one thousand Sikh's and Hindu's surrounded the police station at Sri Hargobindpur to receive Bhai Sahib's dead body. On the day of his cremation it is estimated that almost four lakh (400,000) people were gathered to pay him the last tribute which is again an example of itself in the Sikh history.

On this day the president of Sri Hargobindpur's BJP party Mr. Darshan Lal Chopra said that Jugraj Singh was their shield and protected the Hindu's and today we feel alone after he is gone.

Compare that 'hindu' with shiv sena.

Gone from this forum,

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Lionization of militants is not as prevalent in India as it is abroad.
Unfortunately, till the day to day problems are not sorted, till then expecting a radical change in the setup is a bit too wishful.

Neither, have I seen any concerted efforts by those in power or in opposition in Punjab or elsewhere having the stomach to open this box of skeletons.

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned

Unfortunately, till the day to day problems are not sorted, till then expecting a radical change in the setup is a bit too wishful.

Neither, have I seen any concerted efforts by those in power or in opposition in Punjab or elsewhere having the stomach to open this box of skeletons.
Simply because there is no awareness of who thos emilitants, their pictures not being up in gurudawaras etc. It is normal for sikh youth to walk around listening to Bhindrawale it is a lack of oppurtunity/resource, not of no ankh being awoken.

This is all that needs to be shown for there to be a 20million strong army:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuHnHgC3v2A
The Sarbloh Granth Sahib is essential to understand the concept of the Khalsa Panth. The word 'Khalsa' is Persian in origin meaning: pure, unalloyed, with direct contact and responsibility of the owner. In the Deccan and during the Mughal rule, land or property invested directly for the ruler used to be called 'Khalsa'. It is said that Bhagat Kabir used this word for those who reject meaningless rituals and are attached in true love with their Creator alone (Kaho Kabīr jan bhae Khālse Prem Bhagati jih jānī) . The spiritual and temporal meaning of this word appealed to the Tenth Guru. He has employed it extensively in the Sarbloh Granth Sahib:
'Ātam ras jo jānahī so hai Khālsā dev. Prabh mai mo mai tās mai raṅchak nāhin bhev.'
'Khalsa is the one who experience the bliss of the Super-Soul. There is no difference between God, me (Guru Gobind Singh) and him.'
'Khālsā mero rūp hai khās. Khālse meṅ hau karo niwās'
'The Khalsa is my special form. I reside in the Khalsa'
'Khālsā Akāl Purakh kī Phauj. Pragaṭio Khālsā Paramātam ki mauj.'
'Khalsa is God's own legion. The Khalsa is manifest due to the Supreme-Soul's own wish.'
Please note that in Akali Hazura Singh's exegesis, the Khalsa is the liberated form of Nirankar (Prāpati Niraṅkarī sivrūp mahānaṅ.), not Shiv ji, as some misled Snatan revivalists are trying to claim.
The publication also contains the verses narrating the GurgaddÄ« passing to the Guru Granth Sahib and Guru Khalsa Panth, the importance of VāhigurÅ« mantra, and the Das grāhÄ«-Das tiāgÄ« (Ten virtues to hold – Ten vices to renounce) for the Khalsa, orated by Guru Gobind Singh.

GURU's JOT IS GRANTH, DEH (BODY) IS KHALSA.

Therefore, no more negotiating with terrorists. ;)

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Self-determination is inevitable, but I see you. Stay safe,
On what grounds ? And what for ?

Sikhs would outright reject any secession, even if a choice to this effect would be handed to them by the State. Although, some States should be willingly forced to secede (j/k)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...48036309.22123.100003162729433&type=1&theater

I think with stuff like this, secession is inevitable especially now that we're a minority in Punjab.

edit - For those who don't want to click links,

not only is there a mandir in AMRITSAR that's a copy of Darbar Sahib, there's a memorial of Indira Gandhi or should I say maimuna begun or mrs. feroze khan, plus vaidya and many others going on.

1. It is not a crime to copy Harmandir Sahab, In fact looking at its history it was a response to the Singh Sabha movement, which sought to besides cleansing Sikhism also distinguish it from Hinduism. But then this is not a moot point.

2. If the SGPC can politicise Gurudwaras, why cannot the Hindus ? For eg. Celebrating assassins of Indira Gandhi, and then having memorials for them, celebrating Rajoana etc.

Why can't the body heading Durgiana Temple also do the same ?

There is no concrete evidence that there are memorials, or they are to be built or not. If they are built or to be built then its clearly a tit for tat response to the SGPC's actions.

3. Celebrating genuine "panthic" martyrs is different from celebrating folks because it satisfies your anakh, however, SGPC has clearly muddled this line.

===
All I have to say, on this anniversay:

Khalistan Zindabad
Bharat Mata Zindabad
India Julum Sarkar Murdabad.

Mods have full discretion to edit this post for safety, and secrecy. I know they 'can' anyway, but respect.

VJKVJF||
edit - I realize in the end, compromise is the best solution but with the people of India the government is corrupt as all know.
1. "Khalistan" doesn't make "theological", "economic", "political", "social" or any other "ideological" sense. In fact Sikh theology imho is antithetical to the concept of Khalistan. But then again I digress.

2. I don't know what kind of compromise you want, and what for ?
Khalistan "movement" is dead.
The only issue is of Excesses, Abuses and Violations in the counter-insurgency response of the then Administration.

3. And even for that, very few Sikhs are actually interested in justice, besides the victims and some genuine and vested parties.

4. Now, I am yet to see any concerted efforts from anyone really to address the core issue. Everyone wants to sweep under the rugs.

Today, you have former pro-Khalistani families, being members of Congress, and on top of that defending Tytler. So, yeah.

In fact there are a host of other issues plaguing us because of exactly this reason, from the insurgencies in Kashmir, North East, to Naxal movements, to SL Tamil issue etc.

There obviously were many Khalistani Terrorists and still are, even the whole this many thousands at some shaheeds funeral may be fake as well, according to Gill's report which I have not verified there were loads of trolleys and trucks to forcefully take people one place to another.

Gill, also claims 20k people died while Khalra who was later tortured and murdered as well as his 3 year old son confirmed 30k+ just in the creation grounds of Tarn Taran which today has 1.4mil so half that before, counting half women etc. likely whole generation was murdered there.

In the end, there are tales of valor from both sides, however the Indian gov. side is the wrong one here:
1. Perhaps many more people have died. And with hindsight we know that it could've been handled a lot better, and that Govt bungled up big time.

2. What the Khalistanis were doing, nor what the Police doing something which can be considered Valorous . Valour is not in killing your own people.

3. I think in this case the tale of Valour would be for those involved or backing wrongdoings to admit their wrongdoings, help in getting justice so that all the citizens of the nation espouse belief, faith and cherish the ideals of our nation.

All I have to say,

There are three award's that are given out for Sikh brave men. Surbir Yodha Award, Baba Banda Singh Bahadar Award and Shri Dashmesh Chakar Award. Bhai Fauja Singh Ji of Akhand Kirtan Jatha received Surbir Yodha award on Vaisakhi of 1978, on 4th June 1984 Sant Bhindranwale, Bhai Amrik Singh, and General Shubeg Singh received Baba Banda Singh Bahadar award, on 31st October 1984 Bhai Beant Singh Ji received Baba Banda Singh Bahadar award and Satwant Singh received Surbir Yodha award. On 8th April 1990 for the first time Bhai Jugraj Singh Ji received Sri Dashmesh Chakar award, which is the highest award given to a Sikh martyr.

Almost one thousand Sikh's and Hindu's surrounded the police station at Sri Hargobindpur to receive Bhai Sahib's dead body. On the day of his cremation it is estimated that almost four lakh (400,000) people were gathered to pay him the last tribute which is again an example of itself in the Sikh history.

On this day the president of Sri Hargobindpur's BJP party Mr. Darshan Lal Chopra said that Jugraj Singh was their shield and protected the Hindu's and today we feel alone after he is gone.

Compare that 'hindu' with shiv sena.

Gone from this forum,
1. I don't understand your crypic last few sentences, so I will ignore them.
2. Who instituted these awards and what is the criteria ?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Simply because there is no awareness of who thos emilitants, their pictures not being up in gurudawaras etc. It is normal for sikh youth to walk around listening to Bhindrawale it is a lack of oppurtunity/resource, not of no ankh being awoken.
This is all that needs to be shown for there to be a 20million strong army:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuHnHgC3v2A
I don't understand this point ?

The Sarbloh Granth Sahib is essential to understand the concept of the Khalsa Panth. The word 'Khalsa' is Persian in origin meaning: pure, unalloyed, with direct contact and responsibility of the owner. In the Deccan and during the Mughal rule, land or property invested directly for the ruler used to be called 'Khalsa'. It is said that Bhagat Kabir used this word for those who reject meaningless rituals and are attached in true love with their Creator alone (Kaho Kabīr jan bhae Khālse Prem Bhagati jih jānī) . The spiritual and temporal meaning of this word appealed to the Tenth Guru. He has employed it extensively in the Sarbloh Granth Sahib:
'Ātam ras jo jānahī so hai Khālsā dev. Prabh mai mo mai tās mai raṅchak nāhin bhev.'
'Khalsa is the one who experience the bliss of the Super-Soul. There is no difference between God, me (Guru Gobind Singh) and him.'
'Khālsā mero rūp hai khās. Khālse meṅ hau karo niwās'
'The Khalsa is my special form. I reside in the Khalsa'
'Khālsā Akāl Purakh kī Phauj. Pragaṭio Khālsā Paramātam ki mauj.'
'Khalsa is God's own legion. The Khalsa is manifest due to the Supreme-Soul's own wish.'
Please note that in Akali Hazura Singh's exegesis, the Khalsa is the liberated form of Nirankar (Prāpati Niraṅkarī sivrūp mahānaṅ.), not Shiv ji, as some misled Snatan revivalists are trying to claim.
The publication also contains the verses narrating the GurgaddÄ« passing to the Guru Granth Sahib and Guru Khalsa Panth, the importance of VāhigurÅ« mantra, and the Das grāhÄ«-Das tiāgÄ« (Ten virtues to hold – Ten vices to renounce) for the Khalsa, orated by Guru Gobind Singh.

GURU's JOT IS GRANTH, DEH (BODY) IS KHALSA.

Therefore, no more negotiating with terrorists. ;)
Sarbloh Granth is not exactly followed by a lot of Sikhs, and I am sure most are not even aware of its existence.
Some of the orthodox Sikhs would immediately reject it because of its references to Hindu mythology.
I am guessing you are a Nihang ?

And Khalsa afaik is from Arabic not Persian.

t_co

What are the root causes of discontent (if any) among Sikhs in India?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

What are the root causes of discontent (if any) among Sikhs in India?
Depends on which State you are talking about ?

Although, the number one issue would be what all Indians are facing Corruption. MalGovernance. and slowing Economic Growth.

Tronic

The only difference between India and abroad is that Western countries allow a greater degree of freedom when it comes to free speech and expression, than India. In India, a movie director makes a movie based on the Khalistan insurgency and you have the PM questioning intelligence agencies how the movie was allowed to be made, former DGP Gill calling for the arrest of the director, while state governments tripped over themselves trying to ban the movie. That is the only difference why Sikhs abroad 'seem' to lionize militants more openly than Sikhs in Punjab. The difference is in the allowed degree of freedom in expression.

Yes, because everyone is busy making money and getting rich. Which is not a bad thing, but what is being ignored is that polarization is also happening simultaneously at the side. The interesting thing to watch though is the way RSS is trying so hard to become the central government's lackey in Punjab. Interesting triangle to watch and see how it develops into the future.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

The only difference between India and abroad is that Western countries allow a greater degree of freedom when it comes to free speech and expression, than India. In India, a movie director makes a movie based on the Khalistan insurgency and you have the PM questioning intelligence agencies how the movie was allowed to be made, former DGP Gill calling for the arrest of the director, while state governments tripped over themselves trying to ban the movie. That is the only difference why Sikhs abroad 'seem' to lionize militants more openly than Sikhs in Punjab. The difference is in the allowed degree of freedom in expression.
We are not like Western Countries, our populace is not mature enough. Hell, we have the Sikh bodies up in arms against anything which they think is offensive to the Sikhs. Although, that Movie has been released in Delhi.

And another point, those living in abroad, don't see the full picture, and being divorced from the ground realities of India, they cannot be expected to form a nuanced position.

Yes, because everyone is busy making money and getting rich. Which is not a bad thing, but what is being ignored is that polarization is also happening simultaneously at the side. The interesting thing to watch though is the way RSS is trying so hard to become the central government's lackey in Punjab. Interesting triangle to watch and see how it develops into the future.
RSS (and I mean both RSS) first of all tried to show that Sikhs are essentially Hindus, when the Sikh Right went berserk, they backed off.
Today RSS and associated acts, are trying to win over those Hindus who are probably wary of Sikh Right.

Same with Badal. From supporting Bhindranwale, then turning around and supporting Ram Mandir, and from opposing Hindu Personal Laws to Supporting BJP. He has done it all.

Its just politics.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag

We are not like Western Countries, our populace is not mature enough. Hell, we have the Sikh bodies up in arms against anything which they think is offensive to the Sikhs. Although, that Movie has been released in Delhi.

And another point, those living in abroad, don't see the full picture, and being divorced from the ground realities of India, they cannot be expected to form a nuanced position.

RSS (and I mean both RSS) first of all tried to show that Sikhs are essentially Hindus, when the Sikh Right went berserk, they backed off.
Today RSS and associated acts, are trying to win over those Hindus who are probably wary of Sikh Right.

Same with Badal. From supporting Bhindranwale, then turning around and supporting Ram Mandir, and from opposing Hindu Personal Laws to Supporting BJP. He has done it all.

Its just politics.
Addendum : Its not just politics

Its just politics of Gold and Sex

Tronic

I haven't thought over the consequences of India giving more freedoms to it's citizens (ironical, I know), but my point was why it may seem like to you that Western Sikhs lionize militants more than Punjab's Sikhs. It's just that Western Sikhs have more freedom of expression.

Those living abroad actually do see the full uncensored picture. It is just that they do not care as much as you think they care about the whole Punjab issue. I have already said this before. Western Gurudwaras, atleast the ones in Canada, are today more concentrated on Sikh awareness and Sikh missionary activities than with Punjab or Khalistan issue. 10 years ago, all gurudwaras used to have pictures of militants hanging in the langar halls. Today, you will not see a single picture of any militant. Maybe Bhinderenwala, but that too is rare. (I saw more Bhinderenwala pictures in Punjab and Hazoor Saheb, Maharashtra than I've seen in Canada's gurudwaras today). The Sikhs in the West have their own separate community now branching off in the West, with it's own needs and issues.

Its just politics.
It may just be Indian politics, but the polarization is still very much there.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
What is the actual issue here? Sikhs cannot afford to carry out terrorist activities. They know what will happen if they do. THe khalistan issue is long dead. And if in the future a seed of rebellion becomes evident in Punjab, then it shall be crushed with an iron fist. The precedent for that has long been set.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles