Trump may ask India to send troops to Afghanistan

raja696

Some good points and Indian Army is raised as a real secular and non-regional party having allegiance ONLY to national flag and civilian govt.

Now if India can pass these values to Agfan Army then it can benefit Afgans in long term.Afganistan is a small country and they are split into tribal cult and religion often takes a backseat.Afgan have been treated as SLAVES and their country destroyed by creation of Taliban by Pakis and Saudis.Now Pakis are kicking and throwing out Afgans immigrants living in Pakistan for decades and it has enraged even more Afgans.

India should increase helping Afgans in development,education etc and engage more in sports and other things so they can help themselves.We SHOULD help them in giving military aid and equipment so they can defend themselves or else Pakis would enslave them again through Talibunnies and Wahabi scums.

They know Cricket and recently they have been granted a Test playing status in addition to Ireland.
Wonderfully said, If no nation, no people; so there will be no religion.

Hindu dharma in olden days ,it used be an education to teach then nomads to be a civilised people.

In India its replaced by constitution and ethics , I absolutely agree with out nation en people there is no religion or hindu dharma.

Always nation first.

I think we are now fighting, not let idealogies like communism en sharia replace our constitution.

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I disagree with this completely. I think India is too poor to be able to afford to support missions that the US want to undertake. We need to pressure the US to intervening in Pakistan in order to further our cause, rather than allowing the US to ignore us.
Are you serious ?

No one spills there blood for others. India is in no position to dictate what USA should do. You want to muzzle Pakistan with the help of USA then offer a deal.

mayfair

I agree with Maj. Gen. Bakshi on supplying arms to Afghans, but am not convinced about putting extra boots on ground until and unless all the other neighbours- Iran, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan are fully on board. For a simple reason-logistics.

AnantS

Country flag
I agree with Maj. Gen. Bakshi on supplying arms to Afghans, but am not convinced about putting extra boots on ground until and unless all the other neighbours- Iran, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan are fully on board. For a simple reason-logistics.
Rather Lets train Afghan Mechanized Forces. Or Rather lets Arm Afghan with would be decommissioned artillery(FH-77?, D 30? and good ole 105 IFG) as we commission Dhanush and ATAGS later in future.

A good Artillery regt would be nightmare for both tellybunnies and Paikhana-stanis

Last edited:

AnantS

Country flag
troops will get massacred if government Agrees. Afghans are just too unruly people.
Right now we are too happy where we encourage Afghanis to massacre Paikhana-stani Gayhadis whenever possible and by whatever means. Just love when US or Afghanistan smokes up some gayhadi in Paikhana-stan

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I am Glad the reference of China is being made by Gen. Bakshi.

Indians were not even thinking about Chinese angle.

airtel

Country flag
The U.S. will never win the war in Afghanistan, and recent indications are that by some advisers that maybe Trump ought to adopt the advice that then-Sen. George Aiken (R-Vt.)offered about Vietnam in 1966: “Declare victory and get out.” Now how comes India would initiate in this mess, when America is trying to get out of this mess? Today, the Taliban controls more of the country than it has since 2001. A surge of 5,000 or even 10,000 troops won’t defeat the Taliban. It is simply a recipe for more war without end and without victory.

Do you really think that USA or India wants to defeat taliban ?:pound::pound:
What is the benefit of India or USA??
USA can use Afghanistan against Pakistan,iran, China and Russia...... They are not going anywhere 

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Even I dont agree putting boots on foreign soil but... when GDB says this then we can assume he knows more about the background why he says it.

We saw how semi trained Afghan cops slaughtered Paki army, captured their APCs and fucked up their morale, so much so that Pakis had to call their air force.
The difference between us and Pakis is that we are well liked by Afghans.
Pakis knows it and the reason they could not attack India directly since 1947 and licked boots of Afgans who were used as Mujahideens and cannon fodder.

Whenever Pak Army tried to fight Indian Army directly they faced shameless defeat and humiliation and the reason they fight with cannon fodder aka terrorists.

So we SHOULD support Afgans and make the Durand Line like LoC so they know how starting cross-border-terrorism can boomrang badly. Afgans DONT recognize Durand Line at all and they know Pakis are sitting on their land forcefully just as Balochistan was taken forcefully.

airtel

Country flag
Pentagon to help India provide improved defence support to Afghanistan in fight against Taliban
IndiaPTIJun, 30 2017 11:36:37 IST

http://www.firstpost.com/tag/world
Washington: The Pentagon has been asked by a key Senate panel to identify ways so that India can play a larger role in providing increased and coordinated defence-related support to war-torn Afghanistan.

Representational photo. AFP

A resolution moved in this regard by Alaska Senator Dan Sullivan was unanimously passed by the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday as part of the the National Defence Authorisation Act (NDAA-2018), which approved $ 640 billion in critical defence spending for fiscal year 2018.

"This provision encourages the Department of Defence to identify ways that India can play a larger role in providing increased and coordinated defence related support to Afghanistan, a critical part of overcoming the current "stalemate" in the fight against the Taliban," said a statement issued by office of senator Sullivan.

'Encourage increased role for India in Afghanistan' was one of the 24 amendment moved and passed by the Senate Armed Services Committee. NDAA-18 now moves to the full senate for consideration.

A similar version of the bill has also been passed by the House Armed Services Committee and has been sent to the House of Representatives.

The two different versions of the bill once passed by the House and the Senate would need to be made same by a conference committee of the two chambers before it is finally passed by the senate and house. After that, NDAA-18 would land on the desk of the US president for him to sign it into law.

Such a move by a key senate panel comes a few days after US President Donald Trump praised India's role in Afghanistan.

Of late there has been a growing desire of the Trump administration for an increased Indian role in Afghanistan.

India is the largest regional contributor to Afghan reconstruction, pledging at least $ 2 billion toward that effort since 2001.

Published Date: Jun 30, 2017 11:36 am | Updated Date: Jun 30, 2017 11:36 am

http://www.firstpost.com/india/pent...anistan-in-fight-against-taliban-3760783.html

Params7

I think it would be a good opportunity to generate cultural goodwill in Afghanistan. There's some Afghanis I've come across in the US and they seem very appreciative of India. So long as we stabilize the region with US troops, and this is not Trump tricking other countries into managing their wars. Like others have said, this will give an oppurtunity for India to expand their influence in Afghanistan and counter Pakistan on its Western front.

Plus we can take them to play better cricket. Pakistani's are failing there.

no smoking

Country flag
I think it would be a good opportunity to generate cultural goodwill in Afghanistan. There's some Afghanis I've come across in the US and they seem very appreciative of India. So long as we stabilize the region with US troops, and this is not Trump tricking other countries into managing their wars. Like others have said, this will give an oppurtunity for India to expand their influence in Afghanistan and counter Pakistan on its Western front.
You do know that US troops there are fighting against Taliban which is another group of Afghanistan people, right?
Besides, you can't counter Pakistan's Western front if there is no Pakistan army there. Instead of distract Pakistan's resources, you are creating a new front for yourselves and make a new enemy.

More importantly, Russian and American were exhausted by their adventures in Afghanstan, Pakistan & China will love to see India as the third one.

Willy2

Pentagon to help India provide improved defence support to Afghanistan in fight against Taliban
IndiaPTIJun, 30 2017 11:36:37 IST

Washington: The Pentagon has been asked by a key Senate panel to identify ways so that India can play a larger role in providing increased and coordinated defence-related support to war-torn Afghanistan.
The easiest way to help us is to cooperate withus when we liberate POK ...and if even they can't do that then should sit and shut up when we liberate POK to take Wakhan corridor connection with Afghanistan.are they gonna do that ??????
Do they agree withus to take Iran in confidence in Afghan solution.....big no..the solution is there ..they just want their military industry to get more and more order.......

Willy2

Afgans DONT recognize Durand Line at all and they know Pakis are sitting on their land forcefully just as Balochistan was taken forcefully.
I think this is problem with "Pashtun" not Afghan...if they want land east of durand line on the basis of Pashtun dominance then they should give up Uzbek dominated area to uzbekistan ,tajik to tahikistan etc...
There this fetish with "Durand Line" will lead to the doom on them.......oh.wait it's already done..Pashtun leader of Pakistan form Talibna and destroyed their nation...and relatively better place of Afghanistan are now those area which was under control of Uzbek-Turkmen militia or Northern Alience during dark times...

no smoking

Country flag
The easiest way to help us is to cooperate withus when we liberate POK ...and if even they can't do that then should sit and shut up when we liberate POK to take Wakhan corridor connection with Afghanistan.are they gonna do that ??????
Or you should ask yourselves: Does American want to see a South Asia completely dominated by India?

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I like your avatar ... a small request I can not read the last word properly... please adjust accordingly...
It says

-KEEP CALM AND SLAP A LEFTIE-

=========================================

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles