Trump Disavows Nuclear Deal and Denounces Iranian Leadership

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
But US cant put boots on the ground and without that you can't win wars.
I disagree sir the US can using the CIA SAD the US can ferment trouble in Iran and not only that many of the mellinals in Iran silently hate the current regime in Tehran and so they can engineer a revolution

and its way more better than having US grunts on the ground and then sending them back in body bags

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I disagree sir the US can using the CIA SAD the US can ferment trouble in Iran and not only that many of the mellinals in Iran silently hate the current regime in Tehran and so they can engineer a revolution

and its way more better than having US grunts on the ground and then sending them back in body bags
Iran is not a rag-tag nation to blow up in color revolution.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Middle east will go kaboom-2!! Also, with shale, at least the oil prices will be stable, so no worries.

Trump is trying to preempt one more nuke nation. Deals did not stop any country capable of building a nuke to not build it. It is just a matter of time.

But US cant put boots on the ground and without that you can't win wars.
Iran is the only country that they will have absolutely zero problem with putting boots on the ground. They have them surrounded with Iraq, Afghanistan and SA, maybe even Pakistan. Hell, this will be one of the conflicts where their navy will come into play. I mean actual shore bombardment.The only ally Iran can count on is Russia which will be supplying them via the Caspian sea.

If it gets to war. Iran is going to get it.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Million dollar question. What would Turkey do?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Iran is the only country that they will have absolutely zero problem with putting boots on the ground. They have them surrounded with Iraq, Afghanistan and SA, maybe even Pakistan. Hell, this will be one of the conflicts where their navy will come into play. I mean actual shore bombardment.The only ally Iran can count on is Russia which will be supplying them via the Caspian sea.

Is anyone from the old Shah regime alive?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Iran is super rich in oil and gas. Yummy Yummy.
If USA topples the Iranian govt. then west will control half the global oil and a third of the gas.
Ps: not informed on shale, atm.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Iran is super rich in oil and gas, if USA topples the Iranian govt. then west will control half the global oil and a third of the gas.
Ps: not informed on shale, atm.
Exactly. This is a war that Russia does not want. Russia wanted USA to fight NK, but I guess the forces inside WH convinced Trump otherwise.

War is still a long-shot though. Trump has only removed the certification of compliance (all other agencies consider Iran compliant). If the American Congress agrees, only then sanctions will be reapplied and we will be on the path to war proper.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Every American president that has initiated a war has had a second term. This micro-statistic is something that Trump has in mind I think. Along with his intention to destroy Obama's legacy. I think Trump won't stop at just ending the agreement, he might go for war.
That micro-statistic seems dubious :crazy:. Georges H.W Bush was beaten by Clinton despite the Gulf war. But then again, one could say he did not « initiate » that war, Saddam Hussein did .

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Exactly. This is a war that Russia does not want. Russia wanted USA to fight NK, but I guess the forces inside WH convinced Trump otherwise.

War is still a long-shot though. Trump has only removed the certification of compliance (all other agencies consider Iran compliant). If the American Congress agrees, only then sanctions will be reapplied and we will be on the path to war proper.

like it or not the fall of Iran will be the doom of the khaleeje arab states because the void that will be created will be so huge not only that the fall of Iran will have an adverse effect also on our region as the forces that are just newing at Pakistan will rip it apart

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
That micro-statistic seems dubious :crazy:. Georges H.W Bush was beaten by Clinton despite the Gulf war. But then again, one could say he did not « initiate » that war, Saddam Hussein did .
Senior Bush did complete his two terms, which is the term limit. So did Junior Bush and Obama. Guess which was the only guy who didn't? Clinton. Coincidentally, the only one who did not initiate a conflict.

---------------Edit---------------
@Tactical Frog is correct. Clinton was reelected (and impeached). Bush senior served a single term as president.

Last edited:

Abhijat

Country flag
Iran due to it's demography is next rising empire in West Asia. Here , interest of Saudi's , Turkey (ottomans) , Israel intersect.

Another pov, Germany played major role in bringing this deal , and also has quite big economic interest in Iran , so how would this effect Germany and it's relationship with U.S ? (Is Germany aligning with Russia in Europe ?)

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Iran due to it's demography is next rising empire in West Asia. Here , interest of Saudi's , Turkey (ottomans) , Israel intersect.

Another pov, Germany played major role in bringing this deal , and also has quite big economic interest in Iran , so how would this effect Germany and it's relationship with U.S ? (Is Germany aligning with Russia in Europe ?)
Germany and most of EU has been signalling an alliance with Russia and China not necessarily against US but in cognisance of their own economic interests. This is interesting since it might signal a new post-brexit multipolar world with the Anglican Sphere (US-Canada-England-Australia), the Euro sphere which might include Russia, and the Chinese hegemon.

This is my semi-informed opinion from what I've read though. @Tactical Frog can elucidate better.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles