Trichy Assault Rifle

mikhail

Country flag
Function aside, the design are too 1970s.
It is like we are walking into an antique gun show.
mate we are not at all concerned about the design or the look of our assault rifles as long as they do what they are made to do i.e. to kill our enemies!nothing else like look and fashion matter to us:cool2:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Function aside, the design are too 1970s.
It is like we are walking into an antique gun show.
It's supposed to replace AKs and FNs the paramilitary, police, etc are using.

venkat

I come across many scoundrels in my day to day affairs who try to protect a foreign company in the name of IPR violations.!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Weight would be a major problem coz it is based on FnFal.From the pic it is seemed to be a bit lengthier than Insas .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I already want to fire it on range or at least hold it or take pictures :yey:

Killswitch

Country flag
Yet another piece of equipment created without the armed forces even asking for it.

The armed forces want a multi-cal rifle and the factory comes up with this.

Pathetic IMHO..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Read the thread at least few pages back, you comment wouldn't look pathetic if you would have read..

Read specifically MOD report from 2011 which i have posted here..

Yet another piece of equipment created without the armed forces even asking for it.

The armed forces want a multi-cal rifle and the factory comes up with this.

Pathetic IMHO..

AshutoshNSingh

Yes, if they can't innovate design why don't they borrow that from INSAS? Why steal design even if you can escape the law?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
My be GSQR from Paramilitary demand it so ..

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Employees of the Ordnance Factory Tiruchirappalli (OFT) on Wednesday staged a demonstration against the ministry of defence for deciding to stop procuring small rifles from OFT and three other government rifle factories.

As many as 1,600 OFT technical staff owing allegiance to various employees unions demanded that the ministry allow OFT, Ordnance Factory in Nalanda, Small Arms Factory in Kanpur and Rifle Factory in Ishapore to go on with manufacturing of rifles with state-of-the-art features for supply to the Indian Army instead of importing such arms from foreign countries and allowing private companies to manufacture arms in India.

S Chandrasekaran, president of the National Defence Workers Union-INTUC, said, "OFT and three other government arms factories have been manufacturing small rifle 5.56mm INSAS for supply to the Indian Army since 1999. OFT manufactured 4.5 lakh 5.66 mm INSAS rifles so far. As the Indian Army recently decided to procure multipurpose rifles, MoD decided to stop procuring small rifles from OFT after March 2013. OFT now has to supply 19,300 5.56mm INSAS rifles to the Indian Army to reach this year's target."

"Nearly 70% of our staff are involved in small rifle manufacturing. Rest of us are engaged in other arms like under barrel grenade launchers (UBGL). By stopping the manufacture of small rifles, our staff could suffer financial loss as they will not get overtime duty and other benefits," he added.

Chandrasekaran also said, "Moreover, the government has decided to import multipurpose rifles from Israel and Austria and allow private companies for rifle manufacturing even though the rifle factories are equipped to produce such arms. Last year, OFT staff designed the latest rifle called 'Trichy Assault Rifle'(TAR). After putting it to various experiments, the MoD shelved the idea to procure TAR for the Indian Army for unknown reasons."

Govt to stop buying 5.56mm INSAS rifles from Ordnance Factory Tiruchirappalli

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Trichy Assault Rifle'(TAR) is going for Paramilitary..

Where as new Multi-cal Rifles may produce under HMT ..

sydsnyper

Country flag
@Kunal Biswas sir - do we know what happened of the Trichy Assault Rifle. I have asked the same question in another thread. It seems like besides some grainy photos, there is no information on the rifle and whose gonna use it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
As i said before, It will be in hands of Paramilitary force and Armed Police ..

Read this thread ..

sydsnyper

Country flag
Re: INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

@Kunal sir - Are there any updates to the Trichy Assault Rifle. Ever since I saw the exhibition pic of the SLR like foregrip (the pic where a guy shows the rifle to a girl in some defence expo in TN), it has captured my interest and curiosity.

I loved the look of the rifle. Would you have any new/first hand pics of it?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Re: INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

@Kunal sir - Are there any updates to the Trichy Assault Rifle. Ever since I saw the exhibition pic of the SLR like foregrip (the pic where a guy shows the rifle to a girl in some defence expo in TN), it has captured my interest and curiosity.

I loved the look of the rifle. Would you have any new/first hand pics of it?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Read this thread, Lots of interesting discussion here abt Trichy Assault Rifle ..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles