Tribals, backwards seek own voices in Durga Puja this year

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by anoop_mig25, Oct 14, 2013.

1. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

Tribals, backwards seek own voices in Durga Puja this year

SURBHI KHYATI : Ranchi, Mon Oct 14 2013, 08:49 Indian Express

Well no problem with what there are cellebrating

But then when i hear tribal activist , a student union from JNU and as ususual evil bhramans then i starts doubting their truth

wolfpackx1, maomao and TrueSpirit like this.
  3. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

I wonder where this activist gets his funds from, sounds like they want to start a dravidian like movement there.

4. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

these are stories that were being circulated by evangelist organisations.i never heard such kind of bs before that tribals mourn their dead king as he is killed by an aryan lady.

by that logic sri lankans should mourn because ravana got killed by an aryan prince.

vijaya dashami is celebrated as a victory of good over evil,not as a victory of aryans over tribals

wolfpackx1 likes this.
  5. drkrn

where else evangelist missions/missionaries

wolfpackx1 likes this.
  6. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

Each and every tribe that is talking about 'Aryan' invaders, came to live in that place by killing some other tribe.

7. drkrn

common in tribes world wide

8. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Whether true or not, the tribals have every right to celebrate whatsoever they want.

Even in Brahminical culture, Mahisasur is worshipped, just like Ravana is worshipped. Every act can be seen as good-karma or bad-karma! It's all part of Hinduism.

Karmanya karma ja, pashyeda karmani cha karma ja,
    Sa buddhiman manushyeshu, sa-yukta kritsnakarmakrit!

9. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

I'm totally okay with that, but why do they want to bring in this aryan-brahmin hatred? This theory has caused so many problems...it almost seems they want put all brahmins in a chamber and gas them to extinction.

10. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

How does it matter who people worship.

Tribal festival includes Sarhul.

This is celebrated during spring season and the Saal trees get new flowers on their branches. It is a worship of the village deity who is considered to be the protector of the tribes. People sing and dance a lot when the new flowers appear. The deities are worshiped with saal flowers. The village priest or Pahan fasts for a couple of days. In the early morning he takes a bath and puts on new a dhoti made of virgin cotton (kachha dhaga). The previous evening, the Pahan takes three new earthen pots and fills them with fresh water; the next morning he observes these earthen pots and water level inside. If the water level decreases he predicts that there would be famine or less rain, and if the water level is normal, that is the signal of a good rain. Before pooja starts, the wife of the Pahan washes his feet and gets blessings from him. At the pooja, Pahan offers three young roosters of different colors to one for the almighty god — the Singbonga or Dharmesh, as the Mundas, Ho and Oraons respectively address Him; another for the village deities; and the third for the ancestors. During this pooja villagers surround the Sarna place.

Or Jawa festival when the unmarried tribal girls celebrate the Jawa festival, which has its own kind of songs and dance. This is held mainly for the expectation of good fertility and better household. The unmarried girls decorate a small basket with germinating seeds. It is believed that the worship for good germination of the grains would increase the fertility. The girls offer green melons to the Karam deity as a symbol of ‘son’ which reveals the primitive expectation of human being (i.e., grains and children). The entire tribal area of Jharkhand becomes tipsy during this time.

Now, do others have these festivals or mock them as being poppycock?

It fact who cares?

What surprises me is that there seems to be a desire to disintegrate the social and communal harmony for unknown motives by digging out issues that can b given a sinister twist to appeal to a new identity!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    Free Karma likes this.