Trench politics - the new way of harassing political rivals in Karnata

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by parijataka, Jun 20, 2013.

1. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Senior Congress leader DK Shivakumar digs trench around rival's house to harass him, see the accompanying image...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Trench politics - the new way of harassing political rivals in Karnataka

[​IMG]

Senior Congress leader DK Shivakumar, who lost the race for the CM's post in Karnataka, has put himself in a quandary by allegedly "unleashing wave of terror" in his home constituency - Kanakapura - 70 kilometres from Bangalore against his political rivals. His unique tool - trench politics - has gained so much popularity that other leaders are using similar tactics now to harass their detractors.

Before the Assembly elections, GH Prakash (48), a Congress leader from Kanakapura, shifted loyalty to the Janata Dal (Secular) by aligning with the party candidate PGR Sindhia (former minister). Sindhia contested the polls and lost against Shivakumar. Now, in a political vendetta, Shivakumar's henchmen allegedly dug up a deep trench around Prakash's home in Kodihalli village near Kanakapura, denying him any kind of access!

According to Prakash, a mob led by Shivakumar's brother DK Suresh dug up the trench recently and threatened him with dire consequences for supporting the JD(S) candidate. Prakash alleged that the local police refused to entertain his complaint. "I have been visiting the police station regularly. But nobody is even listening to my complaint. What am I supposed to do? The trench around my house is 6-foot deep. It is very dangerous to venture out of home. We are clueless," said Prakash.

On Wednesday, Prakash approached the government officials and the police in Bangalore seeking intervention, but he did not get a favourable response.

However, according to political sources, the Congress government is allowing the matter to aggravate, as the leaders will have a strong stand against inducting Shivakumar into the Cabinet. A Vokkaliga community leader and senior Congressman, Shivakumar was not inducted into the Cabinet by CM K Siddaramaiah because of allegations of illegal mining against him. Shivakumar was so upset that he didn't even take the oath in the Assembly. Only after Siddaramaiah met him and promised to induct him into the Cabinet did Shivakumar take an oath.

The latest incident has further spoiled Shivakumar's chances of making it to the Cabinet. The former minister, however, blamed the JD(S) for creating the mess. "Yes, it is true that we dug up a trench... But that is for erecting a compound around the land my family owns. There is no political vendetta here. The JD(S) is taking advantage of the situation to portray me in poor light," Shivakumar said in a statement.

Shivakumar contended that he had donated 10 acres land in Kodihalli to set up a school and college. "In my 30-year political career, I have never advocated or practiced political vendetta. The allegations against me and my brother are baseless," Shivakumar added.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    arnabmit and A chauhan like this.
  3. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Re: Trench politics - the new way of harassing political rivals in Kar

Sigh..Indian Politicians....

4. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

GH Prakash should fill the trench with water and crocodiles.

5. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Banana Republic, Indians politicians falling to record lows

6. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

How come he didn't know that such a big and 6ft deep trench is being dug around his house is another mystery :wat:

BTW what a funny picture :rofl::rofl: it should make headlines in tv news channels :lol:

arnabmit likes this.
  7. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Yes , I was also wondering how they managed to dig it when people r living in the house apparently.

Anyways, I posted because it seems so funny and idiotic.

8. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

Dug on gunpoint? :hmm:

9. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

They could have easily gotten a stay from the court on this matter.