Tragic Tale of a Pakistani Vegetarian

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
why ? ? :confused:

As I said Pakistanis can't make decent vegetarian dishes. For them imho Dal is not a centerpiece, unlike here where Dal Makhani plays an anchor role.
For me butter chicken plays anchor role although i usually prefer mutton.

HeinzGud

Country flag
There nothing wrong eating meat as long as you stick to the middle path theory (not going to the extremes). I do shivers a bit when see an animal get killed but I eat meat and vegis to get a balanced diet.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Most of the Indian diabetics are vegetarian
Another myth.

Universally all meat eaters fell in high risk Diabetes 2nd type population, especially those who eat deep fried meat. People are shifted to vegetarian diabetic diet once diagnosed.

India, where most of the vegetarians live are prone to Diabetes type 2 because of genetic factors (evolutionarily developed 'thrifty genotype' as a mechanism to cope with food scarcity) and other affluences. Blaming it on vegetation diet is dangerous propaganda by non-vegetarians for those who are already suffering or going to suffer from Diabetes.

http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...ans-are-less-prone-to-diabetes-heart-problems

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
There nothing wrong eating meat as long as you stick to the middle path theory (not going to the extremes). I do shivers a bit when see an animal get killed but I eat meat and vegis to get a balanced diet.
There is simply no need to eat meat for the so called "balanced diet".What I find extreme is "Veganism" which is the extremist part of Vegetarianism.

Rage

DFI TEAM
I am a vegetation who learnt Taekwondo after matriculation for 2-3 years, has professional qualification from both India and overseas, doing highest end job, runs-jog 3 miles a day, swim 200 meters 3 heats freestyle, 50 meter, back and butterfly stroke 1-2 heat on weekends, 5,11' tall with strong body and great stable married life. Never ate meat, egg, fish, drank wine/whiskey, cigarette at all. All blood parameter normal, long curly hairs and healthy skin. My all younger brothers are vegetarian and all are taller than me.

I mean what advantage a non-vegetarian would have upon me, would like to try Hand wrestling, anyone ? Bring it on.

PS: Sorry for boastful rant but I felt like busting some myths.
Sorry mate, but you've gone on a warped trip that will never prove your point.

I can guarantee you, that if you ate meat, and particularly lean meat, you would improve your performance threefold. Wanna bet?

Don't bank on your genetics, they have nothing to do with your diet. But reaching your genetic potential, sure as hell, does.

HeinzGud

Country flag
There is simply no need to eat meat for the so called "balanced diet".What I find extreme is "Veganism" which is the extremist part of Vegetarianism.
Well you need to get a high calories when you play a stamina demanding sport!

Param

Another myth.

Universally all meat eaters fell in high risk Diabetes 2nd type population, especially those who eat deep fried meat. People are shifted to vegetarian diabetic diet once diagnosed.

India, where most of the vegetarians live are prone to Diabetes type 2 because of genetic factors (evolutionarily developed 'thrifty genotype' as a mechanism to cope with food scarcity) and other affluence. Blaming it on vegetation diet is dangerous propaganda by non-vegetarians for those who are already suffering or going to suffer from Diabetes.
Actually there is more propaganda by Veggies against non veg eaters.

Historically they have even framed laws to forcibly convert Nonvegetarians to Vegetarianism. The case to day is not different there are some veggies who are trying to impose the Vegetarian diet in the garb of cruelty against animals.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
prices of green vegetables should be doubled and prices of meat should be halved :)

Param

How and why? Please provide some solid links between the two.
Generally a non veg eater has a lot of choices. He does not have to depend on Sweets. He can have meat often with lots of chilly, spices and such stuff.

But I have come across many Vegetarians for whom sweets are the only alternative other than the regular food. Heck even their chats are sweet.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
There is no way around it.

vegetables + meat = good diet

anyone who is eating only one of them is losing out on something or the other. FACT!!!

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Generally a non veg eater has a lot of choices. He does not have to depend on Sweets. He can have meat often with lots of chilly, spices and such stuff.

But I have come across many Vegetarians for whom sweets are the only alternative other than the regular food. Heck even their chats are sweet.
If those "veggi" have to depend on sweets then they simply LACK knowledge and don't know what veggi means at all thus inviting Diabities and thus creation of myth carved out of such sheer ignorance.Consider them ignorants wanna be veggies and a blot on the name of veggi :lol:
There are ENOUGH choices in veggi if someone wants to know but if somone has decided not to do enough research and believe in the so called "options and nutrition meat provides" OR has developed a taste of meat(whether tradition or just habit) then it's other thing.It's more of a personal choice which the person is free to follow but no based on myths at least.
Also I have come across so many of non-veggies who simply taunt veggies to eat meat even when they themselves looks like somone suffering from malnutrition. :lol:

HeinzGud

Country flag
however for a south Asian people being a vegi is not bad as for the European and others who live polarized. Meat for them ensures the creation of the vital fat layer of their bodies to retain heat.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Sorry mate, but you've gone on a warped trip that will never prove your point.

I can guarantee you, that if you ate meat, and particularly lean meat, you would improve your performance threefold. Wanna bet?

Don't bank on your genetics, they have nothing to do with your diet. But reaching your genetic potential, sure as hell, does.
There is no scientific studies which tells a meat eater are at advantage over non meat eaters. This should end all the debate.

Genes or genetics as they are the only answer to all obesity questions. My Internal medicine professor used tell us that for a healthy life one needs Good genes, Good exercise and Good luck :). He never talked about good meat/food.

Its all about thresholds meats may enhance performance for professionals fighting for an edge over other players but to train as an athlete is totally another science as well.

I would eat meat if I have to run for Olympic medal, I wouldn't eat it if I have to sit Ideal on my ass and fart all the day. I would prefer a guilt free and risk free vegetarian diet any given day to live like an ordinary person not athlete. My grand father was a wrestler who died at the age of 94 because of dilated cardiomyopathy i.e he lived his life using maximum of what he had inside without eating meat ever.

You should try pure balanced vegetarian diet then see the difference or claim if its going to Improve the performance or not. Since I have lived a life of a vegetarian so I would disagree with you that I am not proving a point.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
How and why? Please provide some solid links between the two.
As Hit&run paaji pointed out there are several factors that predispose Indians to Diabetes.

1. Thrift gene hypothesis - Basically it says that we Indians have suffered through many famines and as an evolutionary outcome have become very adept at storing calories as fat for future use.

2. Genetics - Some people are genetically insulin resistant or insulin sensitive. A simple test would be, if you eat a lot of carbs, do you feel sleepy or activated. If you feel sleepy you would generally be somewhat insulin resistant and if you feel active, insulin sensitive.

3. Excess carbohydrates - Typical Indian Urban Middle Class Vegetarian diets are notoriously high in carbs (refined, simple), and lower in protein, fiber and fats. Carbohydrates have the least satiety factor, and are one of the primary drivers of blood glucose (on the other hand Proteins and esp Fats provide greater satiation and lesser spikes in blood sugar). In response to excess blood sugar, the body starts producing increasing amounts of insulin, over time body becomes insensitive to insulin resulting in diabetes.

4. Sedentary Lifestyle - Today's Indian middle class are knowledge workers, and are expected to work sitting all day. Sedantry lifestyle results in less number of calories being burnt. As a result more number of calories are being consumed than are being burnt leading to a calorie surplus aka weight gain. Further, exercise results in insulin sensitivity and non-exercise well would not help insulin sensitivity.

Add all these 4 factors and you have a recipe for a national epidemic.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
however for a south Asian people being a vegi is not bad as for the European and others who live polarized. Meat for them ensures the creation of the vital fat layer of their bodies to retain heat.
One question... how is FAT created?

lemontree

Professional
..... and Pakistanis really can't cook seen that in UK
You must be joking...Pakistani food and our Punjabi food is akin plus their mughlai food is great.
You must meet the really bad cooks from Pakistan... Lol

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
One question... how is FAT created?
If Calories in - Calories out ( in a negative nitrogen balance environment ) is positive it will result in Fat Gain.

PS : If there is a stimulus, positive nitrogen balance and adequate insulin sensitivity then partitioning of calories can occur.

PPS: some doctor can chime in here ?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Iamanidiot said:
..... and Pakistanis really can't cook seen that in UK
You must be joking...Pakistani food and our Punjabi food is akin plus their mughlai food is great.
You must meet the really bad cooks from Pakistan... Lol
Most of the Indian restaurant owners in Uk are Bangladeshis. And they can't cook Punjabi / Indian / Mughlai food for shyt.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles