Tracking Manohar Parrikar

Discussion in 'Defence & Strategic Issues' started by Pulkit, May 23, 2015.

1. Pulkit

Pulkit Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs" Senior Member

This thread will be tracking the news related to Manohar Parrikar Our current DM.

Sharing A interview of him...

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  3. Pulkit

Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar At Manthan

indiatester likes this.
  4. Prakshepak

Prakshepak New Member

RM on Terrorist to kill terrorist statement....

You listen to what I have said and in what context. If you see the context, the question was on 39 terror camps in Pakistan. So I don’t have to answer any further on the issue. I am the Defence Minister of India, and my concern is about the defence of India. So beyond that, I don’t think it deserves any further clarification or information.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/int...d&utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=RSS_Syndication

5. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Very well said Mr. Parrikar. Keep up the good work

6. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    BJP should promptly put up a poster countering the nonsense that had been put up by jitendra awhad in Thane! why does the BJP still take aggressive PR casually is beyond me!

7. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian Unplugged Version Senior Member

Trust me dude. . . .
    The current strategy is good. BJP don't need to counter these street dogs.

Unnecessary brawls will drag modiji image into mud.

Every thing will be settled by 2018.

8. cobra commando

cobra commando Tharki regiment Veteran Member Senior Member

Our Army of 1.3 million is not to ‘preach peace’, Manohar Parrikar says

NEW DELHI: Undeterred by the controversy over his earlier "terrorists have to be neutralized only through terrorists" remark, defence minister Manohar Parrikar has asserted that he will go to "any extent" to protect India and those who attack will be "paid back in the same coin". Parrikar noted that his remarks evoked a sharp reaction only from one country and, without naming Pakistan, said the question was about his reaction on the terrorist camps in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir supported by Pakistan. "So the response was based on that," he told PTI in an interview. He further added that the word "neutralize" does not mean only killing, but also making terrorists switch the sides and surrendering. Underlining that his remark was generic and not against anyone in particular, Parrikar maintained that only a certain part of his remarks was picked up and highlighted. "Basically, if I have to defend my country, I will go to any extent ... Whatever is required to be done will be done. That is the basic motto which one should have. "If someone harms my country, I have to take pro-active action ... The Army's basic purpose is that if anyone attacks the country, attack him back. Pay him back in the same coin," Parrikar asserted, underlining that one does not keep 13 lakh-strong Army to "preach peace".

Read more:
    Our Army of 1.3 million is not to ‘preach peace’, Manohar Parrikar says
    :truestory:

9. vikas_g

vikas_g Regular Member

I am beginning to like this guy . Excellent pick for RM

10. Pulkit

Must Watch.
    This interview shows the involvement of Our Current Defense Minister in the matters related to National Security.

11. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

Like him better than many before, His working have logic based on long vision not short slightness .....

12. Pulkit

Points being raised by me long time back were raised by Manohar Sir in this interview:
    1)We do not have enuf funds and if we go ahead with this deal we will be left with nothing. Missing ppl who quoted the other way round. Can someone tag them here?
    2)36 is final figure
    3)No further order to M777
    4)spot light on tejas
    @ersakthivel I forgot the name of the person who said we were wrong do u remb him and his followers?

Kharavela likes this.
  13. OneGrimPilgrim

i am afraid am not sure about that. for instance, i just got off watching one epic randi-rona on undi-tv (24x7) in a series called 'khabar India', the same thing being run back-to-back since past 1-2 hrs! now this 24x7 (Hindi) channel of theirs i had been watching since past few years, esp. 'international agenda' (the only show i like/d on it). anyway, since the past few days, since nearly all the news channels have been indulging in the communal orgy over the saudagar's 1 yr in power, unditv probably thought to steal the limelight; it literally looks as if its on some contract to haphazardly just shoot down the Central Govt. any which way! watch some nautankibaazi on it, esp. at night, and you'll understand. now i understand the unditv Hindi is more-or-less a sarcastic channel, and was critical of the congress govt. too in the past (after that, the AAP-khumaar took over a bit), but these days its shows are just taking the cakes! now most people in our country, they don't have access to either net, or even if they have net, they either dont know about such forums or portals where the media-qtiyapa is dissected every moment, and all they watch is channels like this. what can prevent them (ie, esp. those 'am not into politics' kind but still able to see reason, and the fence-sitters, and those not very aware of the ongoings) from not being swept away by such currents of toxic squalor? an aggressive, pro-active, relentless, merciless, remorseless, compounded hitback from the power as the boss now! its literally a long-drawn battle out there, and as Mr. Parrikar would say it - you don't preach peace (or 'sabka saath') in a battle to the enemy, here, all 'secularist forces'! its a golden chance the country has got this time around with such a type of Govt. in power, and all of the rudaali-brigade is getting the heebie-jeebies, and so trying to ruin this chance, the leeway for which cannot be afforded!

i was out of facebook since last year, tired of the param-qtiyaap of liking-sharing bullcrap, and had just recently created a new profile there devoid of any 'fraaaands', only to check and save updates from the pages/communities i've subscribed to, meanwhile also checking my old profile at times to check how's the wind. i was dismayed to note that 1-2 of my friends, esp. one of them, a hardcore Hindutva supporter (a Rajasthani Bana) and a nationalist, disgusted with the PM (he's a mariner, and has his home in a remote village, so can be excused for not being up-to-date on many or most issues)! that's when i thought enough was enough, got to remuster and realign the compatriots being led astray and away, and since y'day i have started re-logging in to my old profile and bash and quash and whip and rip nonsense and propaganda (being) spread there within the circle of peeps i know (by way of thrusting on the pages whatever i get to know from here and BRF and other portals), and try to recover whatever ground's being lost by the Govt. this has been a malady with the centre-right since the beginning here, and since they've improved on that ailment this time, now only the right amount of aggressiveness is needed in their PR deptt./campaign.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    topgear likes this.
  14. Ancient Indian

I was at your stage when BJP won the election.
    I used to get angry whenever those guys slander Modiji.
    But time ticked away. The people who counsel me are very wise people.

I made peace with these congress dramas(I treat AAP as congress).

Nowadays I sit back and observe their stupidity.

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  15. OneGrimPilgrim

i though have been getting bouts of fury seeing all the turd being spread around and for personally not being able to do anything about it except seeth with rage & feel my BP rise. but since sometime i have taken to inviting some like-minded people from other forums (tech-forums; they have a LOT of faded-Hindus and bleeding hearts there! which is why an intense dislike for and disillusionment from them rose in me, and i have been looking for alternatives to those places since) to check portals like this and BRF, and thereby directly and indirectly raise awareness, fortify the cause against (and to counter effecitvely) the libturd onslaught, and try to recover lost or slipping-away support.

16. Ancient Indian

You need to tag me man. I might have missed your post if I didn't refresh this page.

Just ignore them for now.

My best suggestion will be stop reading those bullsh*t papers. And go to other places where you can get lot of other news related to your likes.

Recently I went to Ramakrishna math. They have good magazines which cover lot of news. The best thing is there is no nonsense in there.

I completed another two magazines. I was happy at the end.

You may also find one or two people who share your likes.

There are tons of original hindhu organizations all over the world.

Live like social animal with your community.

Kyubi likes this.
  17. OneGrimPilgrim

@Ancient Indian - alright; though i keep getting alerts in real-time from the threads wherein am involved.

i too had stopped reading newspapers long time back (reason being them becoming overloaded with reports on violence, gossips, vulgarity and all sorts of titillating sleaziness harmful for my BP). i now usually just gloss over the news on the net and more than that various centre-right blogs like Swarajyamag, OPindia, IBTL, TFI, etc. 'sandeepweb' was one terrific and very aggressive blog which i used to read earlier, but miss it now (its changed to something else).

yes i have not been much of a social animal, and since long have been thinking to get myself initiated in some spiritual-social cause (that anyway remains my ultimate aim), thoroughly disillusioned and morphed into a sort of misanthrope with all the wonderful ongoings in the world, esp. with this country and how/where its 'educated elite' is heading to. but i got to know about some people and organisations through some of my contacts recently, and i shall approach them soon.

P.S. - have you been to any of the Vanwaasi Kalyaan Aashram run by the RSS at any place? these are schools and hostels run for tribal children mostly. do enquire about this and try to visit one with a group if you haven't yet.

18. Ancient Indian

I never been to tribal areas. I missed opportunity few months ago.

To get involved in those activities, you need little bit age though.

Ek upadhyay vidhyalay (one teacher school) is what I like most.

19. OneGrimPilgrim

no age-bar as such that i know of; youth do go to these places, although far less are aware about them.
    don't know about the 'ek upadhyay vidyalay'. will have to look.

20. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

[​IMG]

30 characters ...........................

21. OneGrimPilgrim

the above quote is running on the bottom scrollers of several news channels since y'day.

this gentleman ought to be the next PM after NaMo!