Tourism in Swat Valley thrives significantly

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

ISLAMABAD: US Ambassador Richard Olson, the Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), Shaukat Ullah Khan, joined business owners in Islamabad to celebrate the dramatic economic recovery of Swat Valley.

The significant outcome is due to efforts by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the KP provincial government, the KP Tourism Corporation, and business owners in the region. The hotels and fisheries previously damaged by conflicts and floods have increased their sales revenues from $454,000 in 2010 to $4.2 million in 2012, and generated more than 2,000 new jobs.

In wake of the damages that had devastated this area over the past five years in 2010, the US government and the government of Pakistan mutually decided to prioritise the recovery of Swat Valley's economy. To help jump-start the economic revival, in 2010, Usaid joined the Provincial Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Settlement Authority to launch a Swat tourism rehabilitation program.

The United States provided $5.4 million to fund this initiative, whereas Usaid provided grants, technical assistance, and in-kind support, such as construction materials, supplies, and equipment to 22 fisheries and 239 hotels (which is more than half of all hotels in Swat Valley).

These efforts to revive Swat's tourism industry have created jobs and enhanced incomes for the people of Swat Valley, Ambassador Olson said at the event.

The hotels now earn eight times more revenue than they did before the project began. The fisheries also earn twelve times more in comparison. Usaid estimates that the Swat Valley tourism industry will continue to grow in 2013, reaching $5 million in revenue.

Tourism in Swat Valley thrives significantly | Business | DAWN.COM

Blackwater

ISLAMABAD: US Ambassador Richard Olson, the Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), Shaukat Ullah Khan, joined business owners in Islamabad to celebrate the dramatic economic recovery of Swat Valley.

The significant outcome is due to efforts by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the KP provincial government, the KP Tourism Corporation, and business owners in the region. The hotels and fisheries previously damaged by conflicts and floods have increased their sales revenues from $454,000 in 2010 to $4.2 million in 2012, and generated more than 2,000 new jobs.

In wake of the damages that had devastated this area over the past five years in 2010, the US government and the government of Pakistan mutually decided to prioritise the recovery of Swat Valley's economy. To help jump-start the economic revival, in 2010, Usaid joined the Provincial Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Settlement Authority to launch a Swat tourism rehabilitation program.

The United States provided $5.4 million to fund this initiative, whereas Usaid provided grants, technical assistance, and in-kind support, such as construction materials, supplies, and equipment to 22 fisheries and 239 hotels (which is more than half of all hotels in Swat Valley).

These efforts to revive Swat's tourism industry have created jobs and enhanced incomes for the people of Swat Valley, Ambassador Olson said at the event.

The hotels now earn eight times more revenue than they did before the project began. The fisheries also earn twelve times more in comparison. Usaid estimates that the Swat Valley tourism industry will continue to grow in 2013, reaching $5 million in revenue.

Tourism in Swat Valley thrives significantly | Business | DAWN.COM

it is unfair of you to abuse amerika farhaan. imagine you want to terminate all relation with america,:tsk::tsk::tsk:

Ash

Country flag
Man I would love to visit this SWAT vally. In the few pics that I have seen, the place looks stunning. However, I think the risk of getting my head cut off by some ill informed extremist nutjob, would prevent me from visiting.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Man I would love to visit this SWAT vally. In the few pics that I have seen, the place looks stunning. However, I think the risk of getting my head cut off by some ill informed extremist nutjob, would prevent me from visiting.
this wont happen..though you should visit when all the security issues are solved

Ash

Country flag
That something I will put on my bucket list, as well as trekking to the source of the Ganges

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Farhan should invite BW Paaji there i'm sure he'll love it :cool2:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
well there are lot of other places to visit in pak other than swat vallley. as a sikh my focus will be on lahore
800 pakistan visited india in 2011 while 12k indian visited pakistan(i gues it doesnt include the sikh people)

i heard that under protest if bhai jaan ganja is ever selected..the SIKH will be banned on there religious sites in Pakistan
if IK selected than you will still be welcome

Blackwater

800 pakistan visited india in 2011 while 12k indian visited pakistan(i gues it doesnt include the sikh people)

i heard that under protest if bhai jaan ganja is ever selected..the SIKH will be banned on there religious sites in Pakistan
if IK selected than you will still be welcome

???????????????????????

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
???????????????????????
nawaz..

i am not able to find a link to this..but since you watch pakistani news channel.you might have not missed this news..this news dates back to dec 2012-jan 2012..as i had vacation i remember this..

by banned i didnt mean complete..but making it much harder for the sikh people to visit there religious sites

Blackwater

nawaz..

i am not able to find a link to this..but since you watch pakistani news channel.you might have not missed this news..this news dates back to dec 2012-jan 2012..as i had vacation i remember this..

by banned i didnt mean complete..but making it much harder for the sikh people to visit there religious sites
well, nawaz is a Amritsaria. Akhir khoon to hamara ha, i doubt he will do something like this.

Anyhow for Indian sikhs, our biggest shrine is golden temple in amritsar. The sooner sikhs forget shrines in pakistan good for them.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
well, nawaz is a Amritsaria. Akhir khoon to hamara ha, i doubt he will do something like this.

Anyhow for Indian sikhs, our biggest shrine is golden temple in amritsar. The sooner sikhs forget shrines in pakistan good for them.
he would do.since the source of news is choudhary nisar aka the right hand of nawaz

and the latter is impossible

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
I hope farhan keeps the "Special Mujra" ready for BW Paaji when he get's there :lol:

Blackwater

he would do.since the source of news is choudhary nisar aka the right hand of nawaz

and the latter is impossible
i highly doubt, as pakistan ISI and GOVT is still sympathetic towards khalistan movement. also by stopping sikhs will result in worldwide agitation and things can go to UN also.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
i highly doubt, as pakistan ISI and GOVT is still sympathetic towards khalistan movement. also by stopping sikhs will result in worldwide agitation and things can go to UN also.
i just hope they dont do so

As this doesnt serve any purpose for pakistan since we are not indians.and famous around the world for hospitality

Blackwater

i just hope they dont do so

As this doesnt serve any purpose for pakistan since we are not indians.and famous around the world for hospitality
true that's why we give 5 star launch,helicopter to rental chor raja private visit.

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
true that's why we give 5 star launch,helicopter on rental chor raja private visit.

i rather wanted him to be killed in india

so you has just confirmed that you guys only give protocol and respect to rich people not poor hockey or cricket player

while in Pakistan it is our culture once a guest land in Pakistan(excluded the terrorist) even if he's our enemy he will be protected and given all kind of respect until he leaves the country

even if we are at war we wont send indian players..we are not india.neither does we want to be

this is the reason we never want to be even mentioned closer to india.
if it was possible we would have exchanged the land of pakistan with any african nation just to get away from india as far as possible,

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles