Totalitarian Rule in America - The Other Side of American (Wet) Dream

apple

Re: Totalitarian Rule in America - The Other Side of American (Wet) Dr

Issues like Ukraine has severe ramifications on Australia, isn't it?

Actually, you visit Indian forum to discuss European issues, isn't it?

How to reply is you wish but your reply should be convincing to your own reflection at least.
Not sure why I should be defending myself on a thread I'm not involved in. But OK sure, I've posted plenty of comments in the Europe subforum on this site. So?

27 more Australian than Indians have been killed in Russia's military intervention in the Ukraine.

That practice must be 100 years old by now.
I'll see your Chicago PD "setting up Camp X- Ray" and NYPD fitting people up, and raise you a Melbourne Police Armed Offenders Squad.

Armed Offenders Squad (Victoria) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote from the article;
All Squad members, including the squad's sole female member, adopted a uniform of black suits, white shirts, dark sunglasses and a team-issue black tie featuring the logo of two golden revolvers with the barrels crossed. The uniform was based on the clothes worn by the jewel-thieves in the film Reservoir Dogs.​

Wiki mentions the Armed Offenders Squad was formed from personnel from the disbanded Armed Robbery Squad, but fail to mention why they were disbanded. Nor does Wiki mention police involvement in Melbourne Gangland Killings. Wiki may have some kind of rules about getting prejudicial i.e. ex- Robbery Squad guys are/ have been charged with a shoot first, arrest afterwards policy and Melbourne police, apparently, sanctioned some gangster- on- gangster assassinations.

DingDong

Country flag

Not sure why I should be defending myself on a thread I'm not involved in. But OK sure, I've posted plenty of comments in the Europe subforum on this site. So?

27 more Australian than Indians have been killed in Russia's military intervention in the Ukraine.
Many Indians live in Ukraine, how did they manage to return back safely? How did we manage to rescue our citizens who were taken captive by the ISIS? How did we manage to rescue our citizens who were taken hostage by Taliban? How did we manage to rescue our citizens from various war zones in Africa and ME? Magic? NO, we managed to do all that because we do not poke our nose in other peoples' business.

ladder

Country flag

You choose to reply, your participation in this thread is voluntary. You always can shy away, though we can conclude going was tough for you, we will not publically disclose it. :rofl:

Then go and whine on USA/EU forum. Due to whose policies, the situation came to that point. AFAIK India wasn't involved in the loss of those lives. So what is your point?

Still as I am saddened by loss of lives, your PM's shirt fronting Putin at G20 summit was really funny. (When did he do it?) :taunt:

apple

Many Indians live in Ukraine, how did they manage to return back safely? How did we manage to rescue our citizens who were taken captive by the ISIS? How did we manage to rescue our citizens who were taken hostage by Taliban? How did we manage to rescue our citizens from various war zones in Africa and ME? Magic? NO, we managed to do all that because we do not poke our nose in other peoples' business.
Don't see much discussion here about Indian diplomacy. That I would be interested in. Well done India getting your people home.:clap:

This thread is Indians "poking their nose" in other peoples' business i.e. an American "Totalitarian state". Am afraid this forum doesn't follow your model of Indian diplomacy.

You choose to reply, your participation in this thread is voluntary. You always can shy away, though we can conclude going was tough for you, we will not publically disclose it. :rofl:

Then go and whine on USA/EU forum. Due to whose policies, the situation came to that point. AFAIK India wasn't involved in the loss of those lives. So what is your point?

Still as I am saddened by loss of lives, your PM's shirt fronting Putin at G20 summit was really funny. (When did he do it?) :taunt:
My point was Australia is more involved than India in the Ukrainian crisis.

I've voluntarily concluded to no longer participate with you in this thread.

P.S. Seriously, you use that smiley? :taunt: grow up kid

ladder

Country flag

I've voluntarily concluded to no longer participate with you in this thread.

P.S. Seriously, you use that smiley? :taunt: grow up kid
But this is an Indian Forum, which is the point which every other member has pointed out, which you haven't probably not realized.

PS, Considering your PM and age gap between us. I still have time until he grows up. So, if you want me to grow up please request your PM to grow up and use mature diplomacy and terminology. Shirt fronting is school boy term in diplomacy. :taunt: :taunt: and one more :taunt:

sorcerer

Country flag

Is it because Australia has to go by the way of USA. The big bro calls and the lil bros has to tag along to where ever US goes..
You was in Iraq..You were in Afghan..you are now in Ukraine...

India doesnt have anything to do with Ukraine.. West wanted to flank Russia..We dont waste tax payers money in staged wars ("Theatre" of action!!!).

India doesnt involve in mess (WoT) created by the west.. Its your problem you solve it..But when the problem created by you spills over to our side, we would make noise, cuz its the job of west to contain it.

Thats what I said initially... The west failed in many places.

apple

Is it because Australia has to go by the way of USA. The big bro calls and the lil bros has to tag along to where ever US goes..
You was in Iraq..You were in Afghan..you are now in Ukraine...

India doesnt have anything to do with Ukraine.. West wanted to flank Russia..We dont waste tax payers money in staged wars ("Theatre" of action!!!).

India doesnt involve in mess (WoT) created by the west.. Its your problem you solve it..But when the problem created by you spills over to our side, we would make noise, cuz its the job of west to contain it.

Thats what I said initially... The west failed in many places.
Think you've replied on the wrong thread.

But, I'll reply to you here. Australia had it's own issues with Islamic extremism. Osama named us "the New Crusaders" in Nov 2001, guaranteeing the Australian public's support for our involvement in Afghanistan. Iraq was a bit of a waste of time, but we did bugger all there and they were asking for it.

We are not in the Ukraine and can't imagine we'd ever deploy forces to Europe again. BTW the US isn't there, militarily, either.

If you think the War on Terror is our creation and problem, or that the West wants to flank Russia, sure.

MANT!

Actually, No..Australia doesn't go the way of "Big Brother", nor does the UK go to all of the USA's adventures overseas. If their governments don't wish to go along, they don't (See the UK in Vietnam)

As to criticism of my nation, I welcome it, after all, one has to be able to listen to constructive criticism to make things better. Please note the word constructive,

One of the reasons you see these stories in the USA, is we do have a relatively open and free press (the only bias is that of their corporate masters and even they are often ignored). Even if it embarrasses the government it gets published.

Say what you may about Ukraine , drink the Russian Cool-AId if you want, but don't think the USA has been heavily involved, it's more the EU than anything else. The RF did violate the gentleman's agreement about the Ukraine being non-aligned when they took over in the Crimea, forcing the Ukraine to look towards NATO. Remember, the USA has almost no control over the EU (otherwise there would have been many more nations joining the US in the second Iraq war.)

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag

We are not in the Ukraine and can't imagine we'd ever deploy forces to Europe again. BTW the US isn't there, militarily, either.

If you think the War on Terror is our creation and problem, or that the West wants to flank Russia, sure.
US wont be there militarily cuz thats escalating it with Russia to levels unexpected. US knows it very well and Russia still packs a punch.
Terror is the creation of west , the age old divide and rule methodology based on ideological difference and War followed. So naturally many countries choose to stay away from issues they are not a part of.

Europe's leaders are desperate to tamp down the conflict in Ukraine. No wonder: it has intensified dramatically in the last week, leading to real fears of a full-blown war between the West and Russia.
'Is the West being dragged into war with Russia?' questions ASKOLD KRUSHELNYCKY- | Daily Mail Online
Seems like west is worried about getting spanked contrary to popular belief.

monrand

The Russia is most aggressive country nowadays, USA can't even respond properly to Russian actions. Take Ukraine for example. Russians deploy their tanks in and out freely, and all americans can do is to promise they think about giving weapons to Ukraine.

sorcerer

Country flag

Actually, No..Australia doesn't go the way of "Big Brother", nor does the UK go to all of the USA's adventures overseas. If their governments don't wish to go along, they don't (See the UK in Vietnam)

As to criticism of my nation, I welcome it, after all, one has to be able to listen to constructive criticism to make things better. Please note the word constructive,

One of the reasons you see these stories in the USA, is we do have a relatively open and free press (the only bias is that of their corporate masters and even they are often ignored). Even if it embarrasses the government it gets published.

Say what you may about Ukraine , drink the Russian Cool-AId if you want, but don't think the USA has been heavily involved, it's more the EU than anything else. The RF did violate the gentleman's agreement about the Ukraine being non-aligned when they took over in the Crimea, forcing the Ukraine to look towards NATO. Remember, the USA has almost no control over the EU (otherwise there would have been many more nations joining the US in the second Iraq war.)

In Ukraine, the US is dragging us towards war with Russia
John Pilger
Every year the American historian William Blum publishes his "updated summary of the record of US foreign policy" which shows that, since 1945, the US has tried to overthrow more than 50 governments, many of them democratically elected; grossly interfered in elections in 30 countries; bombed the civilian populations of 30 countries; used chemical and biological weapons; and attempted to assassinate foreign leaders.

Washington's role in Ukraine is different only in its implications for the rest of us. For the first time since the Reagan years, the US is threatening to take the world to war. With eastern Europe and the Balkans now military outposts of Nato, the last "buffer state" bordering Russia – Ukraine – is being torn apart by fascist forces unleashed by the US and the EU. We in the west are now backing neo-Nazis in a country where Ukrainian Nazis backed Hitler.
Advertisement

Having masterminded the coup in February against the democratically elected government in Kiev, Washington's planned seizure of Russia's historic, legitimate warm-water naval base in Crimea failed. The Russians defended themselves, as they have done against every threat and invasion from the west for almost a century.

In Ukraine, the US is dragging us towards war with Russia | John Pilger | Comment is free | The Guardian
John Pilger
Journalist
John Richard Pilger is an Australian-British journalist based in London. Pilger has lived in the United Kingdom since 1962

Jatt.Hindustan

Tihar Jail
Banned

As to criticism of my nation,
Us, Eu, Uk these things mean nothing to us. We are older than them by millenia, and will outlast them by millenia.

We don't care, what point are you trying to make?

More than 2500 years agi, Acharya Chankya said one of you arebdirtier than 1000 dalits.

Let me know when that is changed, maybe I will consider you humans.

Peace.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ।।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ।।

apple

In Ukraine, the US is dragging us towards war with Russia
John Pilger

In Ukraine, the US is dragging us towards war with Russia | John Pilger | Comment is free | The Guardian
John Pilger
Journalist
John Richard Pilger is an Australian-British journalist based in London. Pilger has lived in the United Kingdom since 1962
I'm not discussing a John Pilger story with you.

As to the rest of the rest of the story, or anything else Pilger's ever done, he's a lying moron and I can't be bothered discussing him.

Pilger's funny in a way.
Although, I would say Pilger's several steps up from the D grade dross Russia Today, etc... fill their pages with.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Us, Eu, Uk these things mean nothing to us. We are older than them by millenia, and will outlast them by millenia.

We don't care, what point are you trying to make?

More than 2500 years agi, Acharya Chankya said one of you arebdirtier than 1000 dalits.

Let me know when that is changed, maybe I will consider you humans.

Peace.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ।।ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ।।
I have cautioned you to be more gentlemanly in your proclamations.

What do you mean by 'Let me know when that is changed, maybe I will consider you humans.' ?

I am afraid a man who cannot be civilised is not actually a human.

Animals are not societal or civilised.

I am letting your post stand to show how low one can stoop to show false pride.

Now take a break and go on a sabbatical for a few days.

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag

Even if it embarrasses the government it gets published.
Damn! such a huge slippage.

Correct it before anybody notices.

======

Jokes apart. We don't care about your stressing the point 'constructive'. We shall say what we have to, you have your right to take it 'constructively' or otherwise.

There is a separate thread about Ukraine, where USA's involvement has being discussed. So I will not discuss that here.

But, what you have said is merely your position. It's not absolute. What happen in Ukraine was for everyone to see.

I don't know about Russian 'Cool-Aid', but you sincerely need to drink 'cold water' to wash down that attitude of your that all people living outside USA are cave men as far as world politics goes.

sorcerer

Country flag

US gun culture has police arming to keep up
Over the past two weeks, Americans have been transfixed and horrified by the surreal images of police donning camouflage and gas masks and pointing sniper rifles at unarmed demonstrators in Ferguson, Mo. Why have police departments become so enamored with tools more associated with war than with walking the beat? One answer is receiving precious little attention: America's gun culture.

America is a nation awash in firearms. It's simply impossible to talk incisively about what's happening in Ferguson without talking about guns and the ease with which ordinary citizens and criminals can get access to them.

Police today are much better armed because it's the only way they can keep up with criminals. When powerful semi-automatic and military-style weapons started to appear on the streets, police departments began moving from six-shot revolvers to semi-automatic weapons. That trend accelerated after several high-profile incidents where officers were simply outgunned by criminals, the most infamous being a 1997 shoot-out at a North Hollywood bank in which the robbers were toting automatic weapons and wearing body armor.

According to David Kennedy, director at the Center for Crime Prevention and Control at John Jay College, though these types of events are as rare as a "meteor strike" for most communities, police departments increasingly have come to believe that "they should have the technology ready in case one occurs."

So while police once carried shotguns in their vehicles, today their weapon of choice is just as likely to be an assault rifle. Last year, Boston police pushed for greater access to such weapons in response to the Sandy Hook shooting. There, they were following the lead of departments across the country. "When you increase the availability of assault weapons for criminals and glamorize them in movies and popular culture, police departments have an obligation to provide their officers with the weaponry to protect themselves," says Jim Bueermann, the president of the Police Foundation, which promotes effective policing.

With assault weapons and high-capacity handguns making up an increasing share of gun sales and being heavily marketed by gunmakers — and with politicians refusing to limit the lethality or availability of such weapons — an arms race is being spurred between the citizenry and police.

The dangers of that are evident on the streets of Ferguson. While the overheated reaction of police to peaceful protests is an outlier, the increased utilization of military-style weapons is not.

"If you give a police department a SWAT team, they will want to use it," says Bueermann. "And if you're not clear on the appropriate times to utilize it, then you will begin to normalize its deployment." Indeed, according to a recent ACLU report, nearly 80 percent of the SWAT raids they examined were conducted to serve search warrants, which was rarely the case in the past.

When you combine these weapons with a police culture that has officer safety as its top priority, it should hardly come as a surprise that police departments will exercise an abundance of caution in protecting their officers — and an abundance of firepower.

At the root of the problem is that policing in America is unlike anywhere else in the developed world. Elsewhere, it's a highly unusual, and controversial, event when a police officer uses deadly force. British police officers, for example, fired their weapons in just three incidents in 2013, with no fatalities.

While few American police officers will ever encounter an armed individual or even unholster their weapon, in a high-crime area like Chicago, where police seized 6,800 illegal guns last year, the potential for an ordinary encounter to develop into an armed confrontation is all too real — and that can't help but affect the interaction between police and citizen. Although rates of violent crime are historically low, police killings are not declining. In Massachusetts, for example, the number has gone up every year from 2008 to 2013.

None of this means that police officers who use deadly force should get a pass. But it's a reminder that chalking up such shootings simply to overly aggressive police doesn't tell the whole story. America is the most heavily armed country in the developed world. Our toxic gun culture and permissive gun laws are crucial factors in the ongoing militarization of America's police departments. But in a nation seemingly inured to the constant tragedy of senseless gun violence, that is barely part of the conversation.

The US gun culture has police arming to keep up - Opinion - The Boston Globe

sorcerer

Country flag

Facebook REMOVES 12-year-old black middle school pupil's account for 'suspicious activity' after he made popular video criticizing Obama

Facebook has removed the personal account of a 12-year-old Georgia boy who posted a viral video last week in support of Rudy Giuliani's comments that President Obama 'doesn't love America'.

Republican C.J.Pearson found out the price of his new found fame on Friday morning when a friend told him it had been deactivated for 'suspicious activity'.

Fearing his video, which was watched by more than 1.4 million people, may have been the cause, Pearson hit out at the social media giant, accusing them of quelling any dissent towards Obama.
The first sign that something had gone awry came on Friday morning when Pearson informed his followers on his public page he had lost his personal account.

'I am having my Editor, Alan Davidson post on my behalf on this page while Facebook continues to lock me out,' wrote the Columbia Middle School student according to Fox.

'The 1st amendment is obviously not a big concern to the powers that be at Facebook, but we will continue to fight back!'

Demanding a response from Facebook, they duly replied and gave him a cast-iron reason why they banned his page - he is 12.

Indeed, it is explicitly stated in Facebook's terms and conditions that no one under the age of 13 can have an account.
In a statement, Facebook said they were alerted to the fact that Pearson is 12 by a member of the public and acted accordingly.

'You have to be 13 to have a Facebook account. This is a requirement, not a suggestion. He was locked out because he lied about his age, not because of the content,' replied a Facebook representative.

Pearson however, is not having that.

'I would consider that complete malarkey,' said Pearson to Fox DC. 'Because in all honesty, there are many many people younger than me who have a Facebook account.'

'I will not stop here,' he added to FOX 5. 'You cannot silence a voice that deserves to be heard. And I will continue to make as many accounts as possible.'

Pearson made a number of media appearances over the weekend to draw attention to his plight.

'Time and time again, Facebook has shut down many conservative accounts after they decide to speak up,' Pearson said on Fox & Friends Sunday.

Facebook removes C.J Pearson account after Obama criticism video | Daily Mail Online

===

:D

So much tolerance in USA!!!
Why is the administrstion so worried about pranks...Will they ban hollywood too..I suppose what this kid did is nothing when compared to what Hollywood makes out of US presidents.

sorcerer

Country flag

Double, Double, Lies and Trouble:US Police Report Just 50% of People Killed

Police killed many more people than had been previously reported by the US government, so says a new report which finds that an average of 545 people were left out of crime statistics each year for the past ten years.

US record keepers looking at uncounted law enforcement homicides realized that previous official tallies severely undercounted numbers. The new estimate put it at an average of 928 people each year over the most recent eight years, compared to 383 in published FBI data.

The numbers compiled by the Bureau of Justice Statistics and the research institute RTI International found that FBI statistics covered only 46% of law enforcement homicides and doesn't even include data from several key states, including Florida. The FBI tallies, the report says, are "anything but hugely misleading."

Another problem with the FBI numbers is that they are based on voluntary submissions by local law enforcement. Since law enforcement agencies are not required to submit the data, many do not for officer-involved shootings.

The underreporting is pretty significant, says the report. In one case the data was 124% off what it should be, while another year was 167% off. The years included in the study were also prominent ones for officer-involved shootings, such as the 2006 shooting of Sean Bell in a haze of bullets outside a New York nightclub, and the 2009 shooting of Oscar Grant in an Oakland, California train station. Grant's story was turned into an Oscar-winning award-winning film, Fruitvale Station.

Most others, the researchers say, went uncounted and unnamed.

Even FBI Director James Comey recognizes the problem with the numbers from the FBI, saying at a recent speech at Georgetown University that he's flabbergasted that the numbers aren't more accurate. "It's ridiculous that I can't tell you how many people were shot by the police in this country – last week, last year, the last decade – it's ridiculous.

Read more: Double, Double, Lies and Trouble:US Police Report Just 50% of People Killed / Sputnik International

DingDong

Country flag

Don't see much discussion here about Indian diplomacy. That I would be interested in. Well done India getting your people home.:clap:

This thread is Indians "poking their nose" in other peoples' business i.e. an American "Totalitarian state". Am afraid this forum doesn't follow your model of Indian diplomacy.
Obama fired the first shot. He came here preaching us about "tolerance" and what not but ignored the rot within. Had a lady been "cavity searched" in India, the involved policemen might have been rotting in jail, or worse, might have suffered mob justice. India will be run according to the will and aspirations of the people of India. We are not Russia, we are not the USA, we are poor but we are free people. Socio-Political situation within India must not concern the US, India's electorate is too large and sufficiently informed to get influenced by the big "ideological" talks. We will sort out our problems, we don't need unsolicited advice.

Concept and practice of "electoral politics" is as old in India as in west. I am proud of the Nationalist Indian media, which is extremely critical of the government and politicians but when it boils down to "us vs them" it unconditionally comes in support of the Indian Government.

Last edited:

DingDong

Country flag

Don't believe you, and for the sake of your own safety don't wont to believe you, that police can't conduct cavity searches in India.

Not sure why you're proud about your media being so hyper-sensitive. In that way, India reminds me of the Middle East and Russia with the same, to quote you "us vs. them", victim mentality and, what basically amounts to, small mindedness.

That's the basis of this whole thread, poking your noses into our people's business.

For nationalities that aren't as hyper-sensitive as Indians, your press writing "revenge" stories just make your countrymen look like 4 year olds.
We all know how hyper-sensitive certain nationalities were when their leaders tried to name and shame Putin during a summit (shirt-fronting :laugh: WTF is that, how diplomatic is that), and how the western media tried to show how friend-less Putin was by selectively showing few shots of him sitting alone during a particular international summit.

That is bcause the western people are living on the overdose of propaganda and lies being peddled by the western media controlled by the oligarchs and business houses. Off course it will be hard for you to digest the divergent views that do not suite you. I agree with the point being made that the Indian media is being reactive, instead we must become proactive and we must start HR reviews and panel depositions of people critical of their governments in west to balance it out. So far we have not been doing it, but things might change in future once India puts that "critical" mass.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles