Top sport

croblade

Is cricket top sport in India? I see that everyone here likes it.

I have to admit that I do not know anything about cricket. I never saw cricket game. Only cricket I saw was on British TV series such as Midsomer Murders, Poirot"¦ and few videos here on the forum. I read article on the Wikipedia to get what players are doing on the field but I still do not get all rules. Anyway, it looks very interesting.

In Croatia top sports are football, basketball, handball, skiing and recently hockey become more popular than any other sport. At the time hockey is only sport here where all tickets are sold.

plugwater

Cricket sucks man.. Better stick with your nations sports.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Yes, cricket is the top sport or rather top religion in India overshadowing almost all other sports in India and actually contributing to diminishing of interest in other sports.

To understand cricket a little bit - start here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_cricket

Watch some youtube videos in conjunction to understand what these rules mean as commentary is in English.

Hockey is the national sport of India and is second most popular sport. These days Indian hockey is not doing very well but has a history of winning Olympic gold medals on several occasions.

croblade

So it is something like football here. When we have some really important match teachers send kids home from school, people leave work earlier"¦ and everyone goes to one of public points for watching match or in some bar. On public points (usually main square in town) local authorities put big screens"¦ anyway, football is only way here, to stop people talking about politics for few hours :)))

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles