Top Chinese officers to train in India

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Armed insurrection is only acceptable in authoritarian states where citizens are not allowed to express dissent. In democracies, armed insurrections are counter-productive and only harm progress.

If Naxals really cared about improving the livelihoods of the poor they would end their insurrection and work peacefully in India's current political framework.

amoy

Frankly I disagree with Chinese posters here. Mao's 'system' or thoughts that're contained in 'red books' are still at work and valuable not only in China but also worldwide. But the core of it is constantly adapting to different contexts or changing reality. And Mao himself actually championed this exploration and did a lot of ground work, if u read his paper such as on "Investigation of Hunan Peasants" back in 1920s . There're always corrections on the course of research and experiments, some of which were proven (partly) wrong though.

Back to the subject Mao was also an insightful strategist and nationalist, evidenced in including his breakaway from Soviet bloc and fightback against India's aggressions when China was very isolated then

bose

Country flag
I think it's a good thing for those officers to get 'trained' in India - Know thy enemy!

By the way Indians shall be grateful to Brits who pulled distinctively different pieces together and forged a modern-day India
Just like you have to be grateful to Japan... for what they have done to you...

nimo_cn

Country flag
I agree with iceberg, Red book is a relic of the past atleast in urban China. Slowly the Chinese are veering away from Maoism, though you still get hundreds of Chinese paying tribute to Mao's mausoleum in Beijing.
No one is perfect, neither is Mao. But that doesn't stop Mao from being one of the greatest leaders in Chinese history.

Paying respect to a great leader is not something we should be ashamed of.

RedDragon

Top Chinese officers to train in India

Fri Dec 09 2011, New Delhi:

Taking defence ties between the nations up a notch, a go ahead has been given by the government for the inclusion of senior Chinese armed forces officers for training courses in India and the formal mechanism is expected to be finalised during defence talks that will take place in New Delhi on Friday.

While exchanges at lower levels have been taking place, it has been decided to invite senior officers of Colonel and above rank to attend the Higher Defence Orientation Course (HDOC) that is conducted by the Army War College in Mhow. The six-week course is conducted for foreign officers as well as senior officers of the Indian Army.

The two sides are expected to work out the dates for a joint army exercise to take forward bilateral ties that got stuck after a row over China's objection to a Lt Gen from Jammu and Kashmir heading an Indian Army delegation to Beijing. The next round of exercises will be carried out next year in China.

While two rounds of exercises have taken place, the process got stalled last year. The two sides are expected to discuss various issues, including schedule for defence exchanges and visits next year, during the fourth Annual Defence Dialogue on Friday.

The dialogue will be chaired by India's Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma and the Deputy Chief of General Staff of the Chinese PLA, Lt Gen Ma Xiaotian. The dialogue is taking place after a series of exchanges of military delegations on both sides in recent months.

Top Chinese officers to train in India - Indian Express
Just a dog and ponny show, what can they learn form India? Cook with curry?

lemontree

Professional
The Naxals are criminals who deserve a bullet in their head. There is nothing to convey to them.
Not really...the govt policies, zamindars and thakurs play a big role in pulling the youth towards the maoists.

lemontree

Professional
Just a dog and ponny show, what can they learn form India? Cook with curry?
Not exactly, there are a number of foreign officers who train in Mhow. This is a higher command course and PLA officers will be taught along with other foreign officers.

This course is to teach officers the nitti-gritties of commanding larger formations. These courses are same as that what was taught to us in UK or USA in the earlier days.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Not really...the govt policies, zamindars and thakurs play a big role in pulling the youth towards the maoists.
Bollywood buff ! You have No idea of land holding patterns in red belt.

lemontree

Professional
Back to the subject Mao was also an insightful strategist and nationalist, evidenced in including his breakaway from Soviet bloc and fightback against India's aggressions when China was very isolated then
Correction, India was not the aggressor - China encroached in Aksai Chin slyly at first. What did China expect - for India to keep quiet?
Unfortunately India is not Pakistan, to give away territory.

lemontree

Professional
Bollywood buff ! You have No idea of land holding patterns in red belt.
I dont watch the crap that you live on. I have seen 24 states out of the 28 states in India....so dont teach me as to what happens in the rural areas of our country.

bose

Country flag
I do not buy this theory... these Naxals are criminals with a facade... they always hit where there is empty stomach... these very criminals kills innocent poor peasents who have nothing to do with Govt policies, zamindars and thakurs... These very peoples takes money from multi national farms out there mining in tribal areas so they can continue with their business...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
How not to make cheap and illegal copy of others...
Ha ha ha ! You mean to say Indian military institutions do that and Chinese will learn that in Indian Military Training Institutions ?

You mean to say they will learn "Chepo"??

Ha Ha Ha....

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I dont watch the crap that you live on. I have seen 24 states out of the 28 states in India....so dont teach me as to what happens in the rural areas of our country.
Read some statics on Land Holding Pattern in states where there is influence of Maoism. More than 80 percent land holding is with marginal farmers. The largest lad holding is with states. 20 percent land holding with so called Thakurs and zamindars does not make Naxalites.

You are being a plain casting and communal in naming certain sections of society who are not responsible for it. I think you are influenced by Bengali zamindari system or by Bollywood movies.

bose

Country flag
Ha ha ha ! You mean to say Indian military institutions do that and Chinese will learn that in Indian Military Training Institutions ?

You mean to say they will learn "Chepo"??

Ha Ha Ha....
Please read my post again... I meant "HOW NOT TO..."

lemontree

Professional
Read some statics on Land Holding Pattern in states where there is influence of Maoism. More than 80 percent land holding is with marginal farmers. The largest lad holding is with states. 20 percent land holding with so called Thakurs and zamindars does not make Naxalites.
Your information is wrong. On ground the situation is different. The land holding system in Kerala is what has kept the maoists away from that state, even though they have a communist govt in power.
You are being a plain casting and communal in naming certain sections of society who are not responsible for it. I think you are influenced by Bengali zamindari system or by Bollywood movies.
Life is different from movies...I tell it as it is, and I have not named a single caste or religion to be called communal. I suggest you improved you level of comrehension.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles