Top Chinese officers to train in India

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Don't blame China for your own problem with Pakistan. China might be catalyst, but not root cause.
India and Pakistan haven't been on same page since independence date. Even China withdraw all support to Pakistan, you guys are still in odds with each other unless your relationship is fundamentally changed.
India's hosting of Dalai Lama hasn't deterred China's willingness to normalize relationship with India
Might be??? China today is becoming root cause of many issues.Whether it is supporting North Korea,pak or bullying East Asian nations.Today only China is openely supporting Pakistan so much and supporting a terrorist nation is going to cost you as well.You have just started tasting religious terrorism recently in wester parts of China.China itself found Pak links behind those riots on it's soil.
Your all weather friend Pakistan is a disillusioned nation who have no identity of their own.Their aim is only destruction of it's parent nation India.A nation whose aim is to destroy other nation will never become a successfull nation and today Pak is one of among top failed states.As a fact Pak was a bit ahead from India before they started their religious extremism.Today Pakistan is a synonym of Islamic Terrorism.Creation of pakistan has proved to be bad for entire Islam religion.It is Pakistan who needs to bring fundamental changes in their outlook which means leaving religious extremism and forced land grabbing behind and moving towards wellness of their own people rather than grabbing land just because there was a muslim majority.If pak was so in love with muslims then how come it did genocide of 1-3 million poor Bangladeshis who were also muslims and also violence against Balochis who are muslims as well?

Last edited:

Tianshan

Today only China is openely supporting Pakistan so much and supporting a terrorist nation is going to cost you as well.
usa gives far more money to pakistan every year than we do.

we don't give free money anyway, certainly not annual payments to pakistan's army like the usa does.

Galaxy

Country flag
IF you think that chinese Kung Fu is originated from Shaolin only, then you are ignorant. Martial arts in China has existed long before Shaolin. Just because they are the most known outside China, dosnt means it is the only form for martial art.

Bruce Lee was not a monk ,right?
Bruce Lee was not a monk neither your any Martial art teacher.

Today, Your country might have lots of martial art expert. it's irrelevant. Art was taken from Indian monks/experts.

When did Martial art started in China, It's 6th century when Bodhidharma started teaching to Chinese people when he reached there and found Chinese Kings are incapable.

http://www.usashaolintemple.org/chanbuddhism-history/

"India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border. :rofl:

Hu Shih - former ROC ambassador to the United States.

BTW, China was under ROC. :)

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
LOL you can even GO TO THE SAME EFFIN FORREST HE ACHIEVED ENLIGHTENMENT IN IN BIHAR.

Trying to separate Nepal from India is about as ridiculous as separating Manchuria from China.
Separating Nepal from India is like separating Hebei from China.

Manchuria was not part of 'China' until the Qing Dynasty; the Qing Dynasty was founded by Manchus and for a time they even tried to restrict Han settlement in Manchuria through the Liaodong Pale, essentially an extension of the Great Wall.

Nepal, on the other hand, was part of the earliest Indian empires, particularly the Magadhan Empire. The Licchavis, who ruled Nepal starting in the fifth century, were originally from Bihar and used the Gupta script in their inscriptions. How much more Indian can you get? :confused:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
usa gives far more money to pakistan every year than we do.

we don't give free money anyway, certainly not annual payments to pakistan's army like the usa does.
It is not about giving free money, it is much more.
Ok agreed that US has supported Pak as well with $$$$$ historically due to it's own selfish gains against USSR and India but do you see the special love US and Pak is sharing these days? There is a undeclared war by US/NATO against Pak and it's terrorism which has ultimately cost billions and 40,000 pakis killed.The money given by US is actually not only used against India but actually the same money is used against US as well.
So US paid Pak for the bullets which in turn killed US soldiers.Do you want this as well in future for China or you would learn a lesson after some time when it would be too late like US? You know the issues going around in western China has Pak links and you can't DENY this, your own CCP acknowledged this.Blind nationalism,hatred and GREED for land never gives good results at the end. You just want to be blind and can't see the future?

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
nepal is an independent country.

but there is no nation in the world called "manchuria".
Taiwan is an independent country, so by your logic Taiwan is completely separate from China.

cir

I feel sorry for those officers who have been picked to attend this so-called training course。 These guys won't learn anything useful from their Indian counterparts, yet they will have to endure the hardships of everyday life in India, and for the duration that the course lasts。I hope people in charge of this unnecessary whatever you call it,would be sensible enough to bring in with the men ample stock of Chinese food and water。:rofl:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
you will spare tibet? when you have been trying for many decades already? oh ho ho.

i wish you the very best of luck when you attack the PLA up the slopes of the himalayas.
The answer is simple NO. India has never tried. Tibetans have also not tried. But remember if china is free after thousand years of occupation so will be Tibet. You can not just brush aside history that Tibetans were in Occupation of half of China. They still can drive out the Hans if India supplies them captured Chinese weapons (captured from Pakistan and terrorists) and provide Nuclear umbrella to them. Tibetans will make mince meat of the Hans.

No one as to attack the PLA up hills. Hills will be taken from behind. India certainly has other priorities. That does not mean Tibet is forgotten. Shangri La still exists. Buddhist nucs will come out of it with Avalokiteswar. The strike of Dorji will be real like my avatar.

ice berg

Bruce Lee was not a monk neither your any Martial art teacher.

Today, Your country might have lots of martial art expert. it's irrelevant. Art was taken from Indian monks/experts.

When did Martial art started in China, It's 6th century when Bodhidharma started teaching to Chinese people when he reached there and found Chinese Kings are incapable.

The Story of Bodhidharma | USA Shaolin Temple. Official Website

"India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border. :rofl:

Hu Shih - former ROC ambassador to the United States.

BTW, China was under ROC. :)

I am not even bother to find a chinese source for this.
Here is a wiki link:
Chinese martial arts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaEarly history

The earliest references to Chinese martial arts are found in the Spring and Autumn Annals (5th century BCE),[SUP][9][/SUP] where a hand to hand combat theory, including the integration of notions of "hard" and "soft" techniques, is mentioned.[SUP][10][/SUP] A combat wrestling system called juélì or jiÇŽolì (角力) is mentioned in the Classic of Rites (1st century BCE).[SUP][11][/SUP] This combat system included techniques such asstrikes, throws, joint manipulation, and pressure point attacks. Jiao Di became a sport during the Qin Dynasty (221–207 BCE). The Han History Bibliographies record that, by the Former Han (206 BCE – 8 CE), there was a distinction between no-holds-barred weaponless fighting, which it calls shÇ’ubó (手搏), for which "how-to" manuals had already been written, and sportive wrestling, then known as juélì (角力). Wrestling is also documented in the Shǐ Jì, Records of the Grand Historian, written by Sima Qian (ca. 100 BCE).[SUP][12][/SUP]
In the Tang Dynasty, descriptions of sword dances were immortalized in poems by Li Bai. In the Song and Yuan dynasties, xiangpu contests were sponsored by the imperial courts. The modern concepts of wushu were fully developed by the Ming and Qing dynasties.[SUP][13]

D
ont make a fool out of yourself next time. Martial arts in China started in 6th centry? HAHAHA.

P.S I dont pretend to be an expert on India, please refrain to fall into the trap of pretending you know Chinese history. [/SUP]

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
^^^^^^

Read your own Wikipedia link in details. There are lots of research done by Chinese. Why you ignoring own Chinese research ?? I don't think even Majority of Indians aware of such facts. Respect his teaching !!

^^^^ From your Link

Some Chinese accounts describe Bodhidharma as being disturbed by the poor physical shape of the Shaolin monks, after which he instructed them in techniques to maintain their physical condition as well as teaching meditation. He is said to have taught a series of external exercises called the Eighteen Arhat Hands (Shi-ba Lohan Shou), and an internal practice called the Sinew Metamorphosis Classic. In addition, after his departure from the temple, two manuscripts by Bodhidharma were said to be discovered inside the temple: the Yijin Jing (易筋經 or "Muscle/Tendon Change Classic") and the Xi Sui Jing. Copies and translations of the Yi Jin Jing survive to the modern day. The Xi Sui Jing has been lost.

According to Southeast Asian folklore, Bodhidharma travelled from south India by sea to Sumatra, Indonesia for the purpose of spreading the Mahayana doctrine. From Palembang, he went north into what are now Malaysia and Thailand. He travelled the region transmitting his knowledge of Buddhism and martial arts.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
There was nothing called China in 200 BC. Qin Dynasty was small part of China. There were many other dynasty too. Not to forget that Manchuria, East Turknestnam and Tibet were not part of China either. At that time Ancient India was from Afghanistan till Indonesia. Kashmir till Maldives !! So, We can also claim call these culture and countries as part of India like Malaysia, A'than, Philippines, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri lanka, Indonesia, Cambodia, Loas, Tibet, Myanmar, Bhutan, Maldives......???

Last edited:

amitkriit

I feel sorry for those officers who have been picked to attend this so-called training course。 These guys won't learn anything useful from their Indian counterparts, yet they will have to endure the hardships of everyday life in India, and for the duration that the course lasts。I hope people in charge of this unnecessary whatever you call it,would be sensible enough to bring in with the men ample stock of Chinese food and water。:rofl:
At least they will get access to some real food, they will be spared from eating dogs, cockroaches and urine-soaked eggs :taunt1:.
Also, may be for the first time in their life they will understand the real difference between a robot and a human being who can plan his own destiny, may be we can help them in discovering their real species and the typical traits.
We can allow Chinese food and water may be, but Chinese milk will be a big no-no.

ice berg

The answer is simple NO. India has never tried. Tibetans have also not tried. But remember if china is free after thousand years of occupation so will be Tibet. You can not just brush aside history that Tibetans were in Occupation of half of China. They still can drive out the Hans if India supplies them captured Chinese weapons (captured from Pakistan and terrorists) and provide Nuclear umbrella to them. Tibetans will make mince meat of the Hans.

No one as to attack the PLA up hills. Hills will be taken from behind. India certainly has other priorities. That does not mean Tibet is forgotten. Shangri La still exists. Buddhist nucs will come out of it with Avalokiteswar. The strike of Dorji will be real like my avatar.
If India never tried, shouldnt you ask yourself the question why?
Is it purely out of good will or...? Remember India could have tried any time after China occupied Tibet. The very fact that India never tried as you said, should be answer enough.

Tibetans has certainly tried and failed. Lets us call a spade for a spade. They are still trying today.
I think you are overestimate the willingness and capacity of tibetans to fight. India didnt bow down to insurgents within the country. Why you think China will do that? Tibet is too important for China, period.

Not sure what you mean by China is free after thousand years of occupation?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
IF you think that chinese Kung Fu is originated from Shaolin only, then you are ignorant. Martial arts in China has existed long before Shaolin. Just because they are the most known outside China, dosnt means it is the only form for martial art.

Bruce Lee was not a monk ,right?
I agree with you but all the fighters who are very popular in the cinema world are from the SHAOLIN TEMPLE only. They are trained in the Shaolin form of Kung Fu. They may have trained in other forms of Kung Fu but nothing is as powerful as Shaolin Kung Fu and the most defficult and most powerful and most feared technique of the Shaolin Kung Fu is the "BUDDHA's PLAM". I have a little knowledge about this, If have made any mistake please correct me.

ice berg

There was nothing called China in 200 BC. Qin Dynasty was small part of China. There were many other dynasty too. Not to forget that Manchuria, East Turknestnam and Tibet were not part of China either. At that time Ancient India was from Afghanistan till Indonesia. Kashmir till Maldives !! So, We can also claim call these culture and countries as part of India like Malaysia, A'than, Philippines, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri lanka, Indonesia, Cambodia, Loas, Tibet, Myanmar, Bhutan, Maldives......???
Let us not play this game. I can also say that there was nothing called India before 1947. India had different dynasty as well where the territory changed through time.
India and China are among the most ancient civilizations in the world. Let us try not to make us less than what we are.
My original point was to correct your statement that chinese martial arts started first in the 6th centry.
Peace and get back to topic at hand?:namaste:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
^^^^^^

Read your own Wikipedia link in details. There are lots of research done by Chinese. Why you ignoring own Chinese research ?? I don't think even Majority of Indians aware of such facts. Respect his teaching !!

^^^^ From your Link

Some Chinese accounts describe Bodhidharma as being disturbed by the poor physical shape of the Shaolin monks, after which he instructed them in techniques to maintain their physical condition as well as teaching meditation. He is said to have taught a series of external exercises called the Eighteen Arhat Hands (Shi-ba Lohan Shou), and an internal practice called the Sinew Metamorphosis Classic. In addition, after his departure from the temple, two manuscripts by Bodhidharma were said to be discovered inside the temple: the Yijin Jing (易筋經 or "Muscle/Tendon Change Classic") and the Xi Sui Jing. Copies and translations of the Yi Jin Jing survive to the modern day. The Xi Sui Jing has been lost.

According to Southeast Asian folklore, Bodhidharma travelled from south India by sea to Sumatra, Indonesia for the purpose of spreading the Mahayana doctrine. From Palembang, he went north into what are now Malaysia and Thailand. He travelled the region transmitting his knowledge of Buddhism and martial arts.
This shows that the Chinese lack the knowledge of their own HISTORY............

Tianshan

I agree with you but all the fighters who are very popular in the cinema world are from the SHAOLIN TEMPLE only. They are trained in the Shaolin form of Kung Fu. They may have trained in other forms of Kung Fu but nothing is as powerful as Shaolin Kung Fu and the most defficult and most powerful and most feared technique of the Shaolin Kung Fu is the "BUDDHA's PLAM". I have a little knowledge about this, If have made any mistake please correct me.
no, shaolin kungfu is a lot less practical than other methods such as wing chun.

(wing chun is used by those like bruce lee and jet li).

shaolin is more like a performance art. it is very difficult to use in actual combat unless the person has spent decades training on it.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Let us not play this game. I can also say that there was nothing called India before 1947. India had different dynasty as well where the territory changed through time.
India and China are among the most ancient civilizations in the world. Let us try not to make us less than what we are.
My original point was to correct your statement that chinese martial arts started first in the 6th centry.
Peace and get back to topic at hand?:namaste:
You might be shocked but there was Bharat much much much before "India" came into existence.A nation having lot of small/big kingdoms stretched from Persia to Indonesia often ruled by one major King and followers of Sanatan Dharma which we today know as "Hinduism" which is the oldest religion in the world.
But it's a different topic and too much information for you.You can follow the famous CCP definition of "India" and stay in disillusion.:thumb:

ice berg

There is no doubt that Shaolin is among the most well known today. In or out side China. However, I am not sure about what you mean by "all the fighters who are very popular in the cinema world are form the Shaolin temple only".
The most famous martial art actors were and still are Bruce Lee. He was never a shaolin monk.
Jet Li, however was trained in Shaolin.

There is no doubt that Shaolin monks were legendary in early chinese history. They became very famous in the early 9th centry, I think. However, there has always been other martial arts practitioners. Many long before the monks showed up.

Just because they are the most well known, dosnt mean they are the most powerful practioner of chinese martial arts. There has been recorded poeple who have bested the best shaolin monks.

The problem is that most of them are secretive, the lore or knowledges dont always pass through to the next generation. Unlike Shaolin who have preserved many of their techniques.
I believe there are still some of them left. But they are a dying breed. It is so sad that people today only know Shaolin. Where the best martial art practitioners living an anonymous life and getting fewer year by year.....

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
If India never tried, shouldnt you ask yourself the question why?
Is it purely out of good will or...? Remember India could have tried any time after China occupied Tibet. The very fact that India never tried as you said, should be answer enough.

Tibetans has certainly tried and failed. Lets us call a spade for a spade. They are still trying today.
I think you are overestimate the willingness and capacity of tibetans to fight. India didnt bow down to insurgents within the country. Why you think China will do that? Tibet is too important for China, period.

Not sure what you mean by China is free after thousand years of occupation?
Shall I say China is free today after thousand of years of slavery and so is India.
After freedom India spread the massage of anti colonialism, non alignment, peace and panchseel.
On liberation China started attacking all others. Soviet Union, Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Taiwan and still is the most belligerent neighbour in the world. Xinjiang and Tibet were never Chinese.

On Indian part, India was partitioned. India accepted new countries which were part of India like Myanmar, Srilanka etc and has no imperilistic ambitions on territories.

Tibet is a practical issue. Every Indian wants a free Tibet to get rid of China as very bad belligerent and warmonger neighbour. No one wants to covet Tibet territory in India. Indians want their hearts and minds and not their homes and hearths as against Chinese materialistic wrongdoings. Maoism has sucked dry the Chinese spirituality and the modern Chinese are only money desiring machines.

Why Indians did not try it? Because Indians perhaps have no cultural hunger for territory per say or they have better priorities to feed their millions. Why will they do it now? Because Indians are being pushed back to the wall and they have no options left.

Have the Tibetans done it. NO. The day they do it under Tibet govt, China will shake. That is why Dalai Lama is so scary for you all. On our part, India has stomached the likes of Charu Majuddar and thousands of gun totting Maoists by peaceful measures.

The comparison is stark. The Chinese force will fail. The Indian heart and mind will prevail.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles